Money In Bank For Extension

Hi all,

a quick question, to which i could not find a definite answer in my searches.

I am extending my non-O, and although the first time i did based on employment, now i will do based on marriage.

I understand i must produce evidence of 400k in the bank in my name, and a letter from the bank to this effect, along of course with a series of other douments.

Question is: where does this money need to come from? :o

Wife an I have saved enough not to need to bring the whole amount from abroad. Say i have 200k in the bank already. Do i need to bring the whole amount in or can i just 'top -it' and include money earned in LOS?

any answers appreciated

cheers

costas

Do not believe you will have any problem doing so as you already have a history of legal work here so money would not be expected to come from overseas. In future years, if no employment, it would be good to have it from overseas but in most cases this does not seem to be too closely checked - at least not to every baht being accounted for. Also top up is all that should be required in any case.

thank you Mr lop

i'll probably be having employment as well as the money,

its just that my school just used the visa extension issue to blackmail two other ajarns (not married) into working during the holidays paid by the hour instead of the salary they were contracted with :o ,

so i'd like to be able to leave the school at a drop of a hat.

To my knowledge, if i just leave them, they'd cancell the work permit, thus cancelling the underlying visa, so i am opting for the extension of stay based on marriage....more paperwork but peace of mind at the end of it i think....any valuable comments on this?

cheers costas

I wonder, if you have not earned the income yourself, can you qualify for a visa category entitled "supporting a Thai"?

While I agree that your current effort to get that category should not be a problem due to your recent work history, if you ever decide to take a year off and show no income, I wonder how problematical it will be when later trying to get an extention based on "supporting a Thai"?

Lop3, can a rich falang move to Thailand, marry a Thai and then live here forever on a "supporting a Thai" extention????? Obviously bringing money in as needed from the huge stash overseas??

A rich anyone can do most anything. But probably not live forever.

If you can bring money into Thailand to support your wife that is all that is going to be asked. Be it savings, overseas job, or whatever. Many seem to be in that position (at least the overseas employment type).