Thai Woman Getting Back To Europe - Divorced And Former Husband Dont Want.

How easy would it be for a divorced thai woman to get back to a EU/Schengen country and also live there if the former husband wouldnt want that to happen?

There are very serious reasons for why he did not want that to happen so questions regarding this can be left out at this point.

She lived there before but does not have a permanent residence or any valid visa as of now.

She has a child there with the former husband.

She has no access to any papers. The Thai embassy in this country issued a Thai BC when the child was born there. This BC is not with her but with the former husband.

She also made a name change to the husbands last name when getting married there but did not register any of this in Thailand so her Thai passport and other ID is in her Thai name.

Normally the embassy of this country does not issue a new visa if have being married to one of its citizens before or will work the papers of registering a new marriage with another of its citizens in Thailand. This to prevent thai woman for specifically looking for husbands from this country.

Impossible to offer any advice without knowing the country concerned.

Is the ex husband a national of that country, or another EEA one and exercising his treaty rights to live there?

Where is the child, and who has legal custody?

Strange. Are the male folk of this 'country' such a steal that their own government doesn't permit legally divorced Thai ladies to have a second go?

But to the topic at hand. I seriously doubt the divorced male parent has any way of preventing this divorced female parent from applying for and getting a visa.

I am not sure if having a registered (and subsequently anulled?) foreign marriage gives her any benefit regarding any visa application to this or any other EU/Schengen country.

However, if there is a legal award of 'joint custody', the male respondent may be batting on a sticky wicket if he is trying to prevent parental access by the female respondent.

From the info supplied this lady would not appear to have any rights under EEA regulations, she would be bound by the immigration legislation of the country concerned. If she has no valid residence acquired as a result of her former marriage, she is obliged to apply for a visa. If this was for a visit to exercise her right of access to the child, she can only refer to the legislation of the country concerned to see whether or how she could qualify. If she in some way qualifies for entry and/or subsequent residence, it's really none of her former husband's business. If she qualifies, she qualifies, and that's it.

I can't imagine it will be that easy, but in general if someone really wants to get to the West, particularly to the Schengen area, they can usually manage it. That's not to say that it's then easy to stay there indefinitely unless they have legal status. Thailand is one of the countries that don't place great obstacles in the way of returning their nationals who have entered other countries illegally or overstayed. I've often thought there should be some recognition of this in the application of visa legislation, but there isn't.

Strange. Are the male folk of this 'country' such a steal that their own government doesn't permit legally divorced Thai ladies to have a second go?

Yes they are steal compared to many. And if you think a little about it you understand that when someone marries a foregin man, its supposed to be because of love. New "love" with a foreign man is strange already as it very much proves a thai woman to only be looking for a foreign man and life.

Even more strange it is to find "love" with an new foreign man and also from the same country as the previous one.

On a personal level this might seem ok but the truth is its really not. It only shows someone are looking for economic benefits over true love. For governments its for sure not ok and it should be kept that way. Its just one way of many to filter out bad ones.

Back to the question,

I mean there are all kind of requirements to show as proof you have got in Thailand to get visa to EU or a Schengen country if not married. Such as proof of income, employed in a company or a fat bank account with a solid business established.

Are all these requirement put a side if you got a child living there and no longer married?

Edited by Paddleshifter

How easy would it be for a divorced thai woman to get back to a EU/Schengen country and also live there if the former husband wouldnt want that to happen?

There are very serious reasons for why he did not want that to happen so questions regarding this can be left out at this point.

She lived there before but does not have a permanent residence or any valid visa as of now.

She has a child there with the former husband.

She has no access to any papers. The Thai embassy in this country issued a Thai BC when the child was born there. This BC is not with her but with the former husband.

She also made a name change to the husbands last name when getting married there but did not register any of this in Thailand so her Thai passport and other ID is in her Thai name.

Normally the embassy of this country does not issue a new visa if have being married to one of its citizens before or will work the papers of registering a new marriage with another of its citizens in Thailand. This to prevent thai woman for specifically looking for husbands from this country.

Not easy.

Visiting the child would be the only way out to apply for, and receive, a -tourist or family- visa.

But the former husband would have to cooperate I think.

I am not sure if she would be allowed with a visa in case of a serious illness of the child. I think she could have a chance there but than again, the Embassy would want to have reports from a doctor, hospital etc.

Another way for her would be another serious relationship with another man in that country but she and him would have to proof such a relationship with lots of documents, photos, visits from him to Thailand etc. etc.

She could always apply for a Schengen visa with another Embassy and if she has friends on the mainland of Europe -who invite her and take responsibility- it's quite possible that she can try to apply for a tourist visa with another Schengen country, Germany for instance. She would then be able to visit ALL Schengen visas without any problem, except the UK.

LaoPo

Are all these requirement put a side if you got a child living there and no longer married?

Probably not, but unless you either divulge the country in question so that someone with the relevant experience can tell you, or look up that embassy's website and figure it out for yourself, we can all just sit here and play guessing games till the cows come home...

Another way for her would be another serious relationship with another man in that country but she and him would have to proof such a relationship with lots of documents, photos, visits from him to Thailand etc. etc.

LaoPo

This one would normally be considered impossible. The embassy just dont like what they see. Once divorced and out there and they just dont hand out a new visa.

LaoPo

This one would normally be considered impossible. The embassy just dont like what they see. Once divorced and out there and they just dont hand out a new visa.

Sorry, but your assumption is incorrect.

There are MANY examples of failed first relationships or marriages whereby the non-Schengen partner finds another spouse/partner/lover and received a (semi-)permanent residence visa.

If a certain Embassy (and also the Immigration Department/Ministry in that particular country) notices that all paperwork is ok, their checks do not deliver any criminal records, they can NOT deny a new visa, whether initially a tourist visa and later a more permanent visa.

And, why not ? What right does the former husband have to withhold the right to his former wife to find a new life and happiness in the same country ?

LaoPo

The former husband has no right to say no, he is not in the equation. If she and her ex husband have both got custody of the child then she can apply to see the child under the agreement reached on divorce. the Embassy should accept this, as it is a legal document. Germany for example would and should not have any problems in issuing a Visa for a visit, but limited in the time allowed to stay.

LaoPo

LaoPo

Sorry to tell you but I am not. I dont know about other countries but this will normally not issue a visa because of this. Read some posts above where it is explained why. Many have been refused visas there as of this reason.

Edited by Paddleshifter

LaoPo

LaoPo

Sorry to tell you but I am not. I dont know about other countries but this will normally not issue a visa because of this. Read some posts above where it is explained why. Many have been refused visas there as of this reason.

Below is your first sentence in your original post:

"How easy would it be for a divorced thai woman to get back to a EU/Schengen country and also live there if the former husband wouldnt want that to happen?"

You received some answers, including mine.

Off topic, by means of your PM to me, you described an entire different scenario which I won't repeat here unless you give me permission to do so.

In your PM you wrote something completely different than the scenario you opened your thread with since you asked "how easy" it would be...etc. etc.

If you are not able to reveal the exact situation behind this ex-marriage and situation (also about the child) it is of no use whatsoever to ask your question here since nobody will be able to answer you properly.

LaoPo

Lao Po,

Above you answer was related to this country issuing new visas if being married there before. You are wrong about it.

The personal issues related to this thread dont need to be revealed now as of several reasons. The wish for this is from the husband and the reasons are extremly serious. Stay away from the thread if you don like a general question. And why mention Private Messages in the open forum. I hope you know what a PM means in its own words.

Edited by Paddleshifter

Lao Po,

Above you answer was related to this country issuing new visas if being married there before. You are wrong about it.

The personal issues related to this thread dont need to be revealed now as of several reasons. The wish for this is from the husband and the reasons are extremly serious. Stay away from the thread if you don like a general question. And why mention Private Messages in the open forum. I hope you know what a PM means in its own words.

Of course I can be wrong. You didn't reveal the Schengen country in this thread so nobody, trying to answer your question, can give a proper answer on your so-called general question in this thread. I mentioned that before.

The question is not "general" because the situation is not general but specific.

And, please don't tell me to stay away; I've only been trying to help, but suit yourself and your "friend" with the problem.

LaoPo

Unless you specify which schengen country this relates to then saying "this country doesn't issue 2nd visas etc" is pure speculation & no one will be able to provide accurate information. Unless you are prepared to divulge the country in question then refrain from making such bold statements of facts as it is unprovable & unchallengeable by you relucance to mention the country.

How mentioning the country btw will have any bearing on the op's friend situation is quite beyond me anyway. It cannot hurt him to divulge which EU country it is.

I am from this country too so I know it. So just belive it to be true and take it into the consideration of this case.

Why should I post it if it was not true. This only makes it more difficult for the Thai national to get back there. Its posted because its the fact and so other poster who opting for a new marriage would be one solution then dont have to post.

I am not the guy with the problem, I am in thai and only a helper. Iformation is sought from various places and TV is one place.

He dont want this story to get around, and yes it could harm him.

Questions:

OP: "How easy would it be for a divorced thai woman to get back to a EU/Schengen country and also live there if the former husband wouldnt want that to happen?"

Me: "How easy would it be for a divorced Farang man to get back to Thailand and also live there if the former wife wouldn't want that to happen?"

King Solomon around ? :)

LaoPo

I am from this country too so I know it. So just belive it to be true and take it into the consideration of this case.

Well as you have not offered any actual information on the case then how or why should be take it to be true. I know things about my country too but wouldn't bother to claim something to be true unless I was willing to back that claim up with some kind of proof or disclose where I was talking about so that otjhers with knowledge could also agree or not.

Then it is probably not wise for you to be posting this on thaivisa.

And why mention Private Messages in the open forum. I hope you know what a PM means in its own words.

I see no mention of the pm content, only that the senario you offered is different to what has been posted. That isn't against the rules, had Lao Po posted the message or divulged sensitive private information then that would be a problem but based on your relucance to provide even the most basic information, him mentioning the pm can be of no harm.

Well as you have not offered any actual information on the case then how or why should be take it to be true. I know things about my country too but wouldn't bother to claim something to be true unless I was willing to back that claim up with some kind of proof or disclose where I was talking about so that otjhers with knowledge could also agree or not.

Then it is probably not wise for you to be posting this on thaivisa.

And why mention Private Messages in the open forum. I hope you know what a PM means in its own words.

I see no mention of the pm content, only that the senario you offered is different to what has been posted. That isn't against the rules, had Lao Po posted the message or divulged sensitive private information then that would be a problem but based on your relucance to provide even the most basic information, him mentioning the pm can be of no harm.

You might as well close this thread. It's a complete waste of time.