Visa For Malaya

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I am going back to the UK for four weeks in September.

I am hoping to fly Air Asia. Bangkok to Kaula Lumpur then UK.

My question is. I want to stop off in K/L for a couple of days. Will I need to apply for a Visa for Malaya, to do this and if so what is the procedure. I have never done this before. Thanks for any help.

Jb1

You will be fine. I recently received a 90 day permission to stay (visa exempt) stamp on arrival with UK passport. See Link here And there is no paperwork to complete for immigration. They just swipe your passport magnetic strip and stamp your passport.

Edited by thaiphoon

Hi, Thanks for the info guys. I thought iy might be something like fill in a tourist application at K/L? Seems even easier than that! Thanks for the link Thaiphoon. It wouldn't open. But all seems straight forward.

Cheers jb1

You will be fine. I recently received a 90 day permission to stay (visa exempt) stamp on arrival with UK passport. See Link here And there is no paperwork to complete for immigration. They just swipe your passport magnetic strip and stamp your passport.

Same experience a few months ago, NO forms to fill in and just swipe your passport when visiting KL.

The country has been called Malaysia since 1963.

and the capital is called KUALA LUMPUR, not KAULA :)

me myself, I want to travel to Bank-cock in the country of Die-land, anybody can help me with Visa-Informations ?

BTW, you have to fill an immigration form again nowadays, but u will be given one on board and it's a straight-forward-process.

they had a trial period when they completely abolished the printed immigration-form, but now the form is back, for whatever reasons. only Malaysian citizens don't need one. my experience is as recent as July 2009.