What Do I Get Next After Hl2?

Jockstar

Ok guys for thoses in the know. Whats the next game i should play after HL2? I am currently on holiday from work until next week. So having all this time to myself means that i'm getting through HL2 slowly but surely. So if i keep playing the way i have been. Then i should be finished by the end of the week. Currently playing on medium. I suppose when i complete it i could start again on difficult. But i'd rather try something else and maybe come back to HL2 later as it would basically just doing it all again only with more combines etc. So has anyone got any recomendations. I like games along the lines of HL2, The Thief, NOLF etc. So what do you gamers think? Cheers in advance.

Its a problem really,because it was so good,what do you play next.I,ve been playing MOH Pacific Assault,but all the instructions are in Thai,so its taken me ages.Not to bad a game,I enjoyed the flying segments.

Have you played Doom3?or Star Wars,I really liked the Jedi ones.

Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic is supposed to be very good. Has a sequel out. But it's very story driven, and not action-oriented (more of a 3d RPG).

But I have to agree, HL2 was so darn good, it's got your expectations upt too high.

World of Warcraft is a great game...

Dont bother importing one, just pop down to MBK and pick up a pre-imported version (they also sell game cards for those who dont have credit cards!)

Its not along the same lines as HL2, its more of an open-ended massive RPG. Definately worth considering and i know of a few ThaiVisa.com readers who play already, so with a little co-ordination we could all meet up and adventure together...

Oh and its a game that will take you a looong time to "Complete" (theres no real ending, but getting your character to the maximum lvl of 60 is considered completeing the game - but the game doesnt "end" there)

My only complaint - Server response times - having a Latency of 400ms-600ms it makes playing "Player vs Player" extreemly difficult, the sepos are running with a latency of 50ms-200ms meaning they can "react" a bit quicker than we can...

Ok guys for thoses in the know. Whats the next game i should play after HL2? I am currently on holiday from work until next week. So having all this time to myself means that i'm getting through HL2 slowly but surely. So if i keep playing the way i have been. Then i should be finished by the end of the week. Currently playing on medium. I suppose when i complete it i could start again on difficult. But i'd rather try something else and maybe come back to HL2 later as it would basically just doing it all again only with more combines etc. So has anyone got any recomendations. I like games along the lines of HL2, The Thief, NOLF etc. So what do you gamers think? Cheers in advance.

FarCry, Gunman, Painkiller, & Doom3 :o

World of Warcraft is a great game...

Dont bother importing one, just pop down to MBK and pick up a pre-imported version (they also sell game cards for those who dont have credit cards!)

Its not along the same lines as HL2, its more of an open-ended massive RPG. Definately worth considering and i know of a few ThaiVisa.com readers who play already, so with a little co-ordination we could all meet up and adventure together...

Oh and its a game that will take you a looong time to "Complete" (theres no real ending, but getting your character to the maximum lvl of 60 is considered completeing the game - but the game doesnt "end" there)

My only complaint - Server response times - having a Latency of 400ms-600ms it makes playing "Player vs Player" extreemly difficult, the sepos are running with a latency of 50ms-200ms meaning they can "react" a bit quicker than we can...

Where at MBK can you find it? I looked around quite a bit a week ago and couldn't find anything. The best I saw was an "offline" bootleg version. I heard somebody on Thaivisa mention the price as almost 4,000. For that I could wait a week or two for my brother to send me his for free.

Is this "World of Warcraft: Reign of Chaos" you're talking about? The MMORPG? If it is, I got it for 99Bt at my local Plug n Play shop down the road - guy there did me a deal and knocked 500Bt off the shelf price a fortnight ago. Came with Thai manual (but all insts are PDF'd) and registration card for the web-gaming thing. I don't use it on the web as I only have a 56k modem down here.

If I've got the wrong game, sorry.

As for post-HL2, which I thought was okay but nothing to cream myself over, then try Far Cry - it's excellent! Played it in the middle of the jungle on the farm, and it was really atmospheric. Excellent graphics, and you can do the missions by stealth or outright beserker mode etc, and the AI is great - better than HL2 IMO. You can do this one in a week, and you'll want to do some of the missions again, although the higher difficulty settings will make some of those missions well nigh impossible!

Doom 3 is slower by comparison, and you have to do things a certain way to get all the demons to appear, which is amature. It just seems antiquated in its style of play to me. The quickload times are a joke, and it's sooo predictable. Even at night in a dark room etc I was getting bored. Easy to finish in a week.

Star Wars: KOTOR was good fun but bcame a little repetitive between missions. Nice RPG'er - it'll take more than a week to finish it though.

Splinter Cell was okay, but the controls are not so user friendly, and sometimes the programmer wants you to have read his/her mind to know what to do next! You can do this in a week, no problem.

I keep returning to GTA VC for a relaxing flying/riding/driving killing spree from time to time - those 80's trax are such fun... and I'm looking forward to trying Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay as and when - reviews make it sound a winner!

Is this "World of Warcraft: Reign of Chaos" you're talking about? The MMORPG? If it is, I got it for 99Bt at my local Plug n Play shop down the road - guy there did me a deal and knocked 500Bt off the shelf price a fortnight ago. Came with Thai manual (but all insts are PDF'd) and registration card for the web-gaming thing. I don't use it on the web as I only have a 56k modem down here.

If I've got the wrong game, sorry.

Well, it certainly sounds like you have the wrong game, The correct title is simply "World Of Warcraft" and not "Warcraft3: Reign of Chaos"

WoW (World of Warcraft) is online play only, quite simply without an active subscription and an active internet connection you cant play the game. Also the game comes on 4 CD's, how many came with your game? (1-2 i would guess)

The Warcraft 3 series is an excellent set of games (Try the Frozen Throne) but isnt the same as the MMORG version World of Warcraft.

I agree with wolfie, you're probably confusing "world of warcraft" with the normal "warcraft" series. WOW is based on the warcraft series, but it's an online RPG (like ragnarok online), and not a real time strategy game. The warcraft RTS series does have both offline and online play, but not centralized, and you can create you own servers, unlike WOW, which is online-only.

Also, there is no (AFAIK) localized Thai version yet. There should be local Thai servers first. Even if there was, it would be unheard of to sell a new, high-demand game for only 99 baht. Warcraft3, OTOH, is fairly old, and so would be found in the bargain bin.

One question to people playing WOW: Are there bots?

Bots totally ruined the online MMORPG for me... It's really not that fair/fun to play 4 hours a day, only to be totally dissed by behind someone (exp and money wise) who bots 24 hours a day. There are bot rules, but I know people who've been botting since botting started, and never got caught.

Edited by Firefoxx

Well i actaully finished HL2 last night. So now i gotta try and find a new game. I wonder when we will see HL3. Really enjoyed HL2. Might try it on the most difficult level now. But still thinking about uninstalling it and getting something new. Does anyone know where to buy Half Life in Los? I can buy it on Ebay but dont really want to use my credit card. Would prefer to buy cash here. If possible.

Did you want to buy the original HL?,as opposed to HL2.If your in BKK, in Panthip there is a shop called Zest,which sells original games,in Pattaya several shops in the new TukCom have the original games(not copy's)

Try Farcry if you have not already,great graphics and a story line.

Did you want to buy the original HL?,as opposed to HL2.If your in BKK, in Panthip there is a shop called Zest,which sells original games,in Pattaya several shops in the new TukCom have the original games(not copy's)

I'd like to get the first Half Life. Might try Farcry. What sort of game is it? 1st/3rd person shooter with a story?

One question to people playing WOW: Are there bots?

Bots totally ruined the online MMORPG for me...  It's really not that fair/fun to play 4 hours a day, only to be totally dissed by behind someone (exp and money wise) who bots 24 hours a day.  There are bot rules, but I know people who've been botting since botting started, and never got caught.

There were bots, but Blizzard have gone to great lengths to remove these kinds of people from the system... as with anything its not going to be 100% fool-proof, i guess its possible that a few bot types will still exist. Overall in my experience you dont tend to get bots (not like DAoC where everyone had at least 1 bot following them around)

Its just a fact of MMORPG's - people use bots, people play 18hrs a day and people rush to reach the max level as soon as possible... you aint gunna stop them kinds of people...

I'd like to get the first Half Life. Might try Farcry. What sort of game is it? 1st/3rd person shooter with a story?

Its 1st person,with a good story line,set on a tropical island.I love 1stPS,and its in my top 5.Very nice controls,not jerky

Far Cry is excellent; some of the external setting are downright beautiful and you get to fly hang gliders too!

Chronicles of Riddick has great reviews on the PC and was released in Thailand a few days ago. Picked it up at Tukcom in Pattaya today; 5 CDs for 499 baht.

Far Cry is excellent; some of the external setting are downright beautiful and you get to fly hang gliders too!

Chronicles of Riddick has great reviews on the PC and was released in Thailand a few days ago. Picked it up at Tukcom in Pattaya today; 5 CDs for 499 baht.

SNAP

I brought Riddick at tukcom today as well,the dvd version,I had a new dvd drive installed so I thought I'd try it out,if you saw a falang in a black shirt lugging a PC case around it was me.

Just bought Riddick today. Haven't played it yet or even installed it. Is it any good?

Having read many horror stories on the web from people who had trouble installing and running the game, I was pleased to find that it installed with no problem and runs like a dream.

Have not gone too far into the game, but the graphics are good, there is a well-implemented stealth mode, and I like the way it cuts away to a third person perspective when you are climbing around. Seems like a quality game and I will give some more feedback when I have spent more time with it (want to play it in the dark cos my computer room is rather bright and it is hard to see what is going on in the dark corridors of Butchers Bay!

Having read many horror stories on the web from people who had trouble installing and running the game, I was pleased to find that it installed with no problem and runs like a dream.

Have not gone too far into the game, but the graphics are good, there is a well-implemented stealth mode, and I like the way it cuts away to a third person perspective when you are climbing around. Seems like a quality game and I will give some more feedback when I have spent more time with it (want to play it in the dark cos my computer room is rather bright and it is hard to see what is going on in the dark corridors of Butchers Bay!

Also not to far into the game,I find the help a bit annoying,as you have to keep stopping to click on it to find out what it is.Installed and runs fine.

Have you thought about the new Star Wars,previewed yesterday in the Database,I don't like squad based games,but might give it a go.

Also not to far into the game,I find the help a bit annoying,as you have to keep stopping to click on it to find out what it is.Installed and runs fine.

Have you thought about the new Star Wars,previewed yesterday in the Database,I don't like squad based games,but might give it a go.

I'm also not too far into the game. But from what i have played. I like it! Currently in the infirmary. But i haven't played for a few days. But tomorrow. No work or no plans. So will give it a bash again

I'm also not too far into the game. But from what i have played. I like it! Currently in the infirmary. But i haven't played for a few days. But tomorrow. No work or no plans. So will give it a bash again

Well i've actually finished Chronicles of Riddick. I must say its a great game andc great graphics. I have started to do it again on Commentry mode. But i am gonna buy Farcry in the next week or so. Any others similar?