Saddlebags: Cordura Or Naugahide

GungaDin

65 views so far and no one has saddlebags?

Amazing! :)

I have some large throw over (or install under seat) leather bags I used on my VTX 1800 v-twin. Large, thick leather. Like 7000 baht. Used them 4 days.

Not really the style of my new ride, Ninja 650, so could sell them. PM if interested, Phuket but easy by post.

John. what about the bags that the Posties in Thailand use would they do the job. If so get ya self off down the post office and ask. Have ya got ya Nouvo yet?

Allan

I called into the local dealer (you've met) on Sat arvo, with Pookie translating, she (dealer) was insisting on the work permit bullshit, she called someone who straightened her out as she called Pookie on Monday and agreed with what I told her. (thanks to the info from this forum)

Unfortunately, I'm her first foreign customer. :)

Next step is Suan Phlu and the 20k fine and cert of house rego........ not looking fwd to SP Immi! :D

Postie bags might do the trick....... good one. :D

I'll take some large plant pots with me to try 'em out :D

Without being funny, as it's just for your shopping trips, how about something simple?

Calico tote bags would do the trick. One on each side using a velcro wrap to hold em together.

post-63954-1250694351_thumb.jpg

Good one BSJ,

I have some of those from s/markets in Aus, but they might not hold up with the weight. (A$1 each :) )

15oz Canvas would be good with reinforced handle points.

Again, sailmakers have the best machines for the job, I had some special bags made up in Southampton back in 1999 for transporting bulky stuff by air to Thailand.....

Cheers. :D

There's a shop at Chatuchak weekend market that sells a variety of saddlebags at good prices. They might have what you want.

Cheers :D ..... whereabouts in JJ?

-------------------

Dave, thanks for the link but it looks like all leather & studs... :)

• 3 months later...

I was after a topbin for helmet storage so I went to Dr Bike.

"Prepress" told me of their saddlebags which I had to ask to see since the shop is small.

When I saw these sidebags for only 1500BHT I had to get them for any long trips.

The middle is adjustable to fit a variety of bike widths.

I had to remove my gas tank splashguard but now they just slide under the seat, easy on/off.

They had much bigger bags too but they looked too goofy on my Nouvo Elegance.

If you split lanes I suggest a topbin first, sidebags add a lot of width.

post-91685-1259552080_thumb.jpg

post-91685-1259552165_thumb.jpg

post-91685-1259552360_thumb.jpg

Edited by ttakata

>>If you split lanes I suggest a topbin first, sidebags add a lot of width.

A rather strange comment as they can not be any wider than the handlebars .

A rather strange comment as saddle bags can be as wide as you want them to be...

GetYourLeanOn.JPG

Ride On!

Those are very odd and not common ( plus a lot of it is the angle of the photo ) .

>>If you split lanes I suggest a topbin first, sidebags add a lot of width.

A rather strange comment as they can not be any wider than the handlebars .

A rather strange comment as saddle bags can be as wide as you want them to be...

GetYourLeanOn.JPG

Ride On!

Those are very odd and not common ( plus a lot of it is the angle of the photo ) .

Not odd or uncommon at all. Has nothing to do with the angle of the photo either. I have a few friends who tour with 40+ liter Givi Panniers which are at least as wide as the ones in the picture above. Ever heard of a Goldwing?

motorcycletrainingwheels.jpg

The newest ones are so wide in fact that they tip but can't fall over! :)