Help About A Girl I Met

stylz

they are not sisters - they are looking for foreigners only for monetary reasons -

But... isn't that too cynical? Do you really know they're doing it only for money? Don't a lot of these girls want a real relationship so they don't have to do this kind of work? I'm sure you're right about a lot of them, maybe most of them. But all or even nearly all? I hope that's not true.

you stay with her, you have to pay sooner or later - you don't, problems will come - you do, problems will arise later.

:)

What sort of problems will come if he doesn't pay her? (I agree he shouldn't give her money if it's a real relationship).

Are they doing it only for the money?

Never heard of anyone getting a freebie, that should answer your question.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone stated this earlier up but 5 months is a hel_l of a long time to wait for someone you wont see at all during that period.

For arguments sake, assuming shes not a prostitute, you still need to decide what YOU actually want. Your bordering on long term relationship and thats what it will be if you decide to play this out for 5 months while your not in Thailand. This is a whole new playing field and 5 months is a dam long time for her to meet someone else who she'll probably get to know a hel_l of a lot better. If you havent slept together yet, my advice is NO, sorry mate.

3 types of girls I avoid are: -

1. Ladyboys (thats the category i place them in)

2. Prostitutes

3. Lodgers (a term ive coined for girls who dont necessarily want direct payment, but want to set up camp in your room and have you pay for everything while your with them).

If she aint working shes probably gonna be either 2 or 3.

You havent had enough time to get to know this girl and its way too hard to get to know someone as they truly are when your not meeting them in person.

That all said, it still comes down to if you want to see her again and whether to trust your own judgement about her. I wouldnt turn down other options while your back home or wherever over a 3 day 'relationship' or sorts

Hang on mate, what about the part in your post where the sister says - 'She have many customer but she wait for you' ?????

Is it possible that she just serves drinks like a waitress at a bar in the West? Are all these girls prostitutes? Does it depend on what kind of bar it is? (I don't know - I'm asking).

Not trying to be cynical here, but have you ever actually been to Thailand or visited these bars?

thanks for everyones help..

looks like i know what must be done..

just have to figure out how to wire 1,000,000 baht to Thailand

hahah :D

seriously tho guys much appreciated from those who have been around the block a few more times than me

ps. does this sound ok.. not too hurtful or anything.. i dont know thai womens psyche..

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days. 5 months is a long time to wait to see each other. We barely know each other either, so it would be quite silly for us to wait that long alone. I will come back to Phuket in around 5 months, in the mean time I think it would be best for us to just be friends and not get too serious. A lot of my friends and people I know think that this is the best for the both of us. No one gets hurt this way. Take care of yourself

Another one saved.

Regarding the 1 million. If you wire into my account I'll make sure she gets it safely :)

In Thailand there is no such thing as the stereotypical prostitute.

It is a very difficult situation to give advise on, from what I read, there are many nice girls that are forced in to prostitution . Maybe she is a nice girl who really likes you and wants a nice life. If you, cant tell ,you must imagine how difficult would be for any of as to say.

Be warned there are many people who have being burned by woman in Thailand and they will jump on this post like flies on sh#*!!, they will tell you to Run, or do this, or do that, But remember they don’t know you, and they don’t know her., ultimately you are the only one who knows.

Good Luck

i'm a pretty clued up guy

your post would indicate otherwise

what I mean is that im not stupid..

yeah i might of had my rose coloured glasses on but thats why I posted here

I just wanted to get an outside perspective of the situation.

Thanks for your input though

To make the situation even more harder to judge - some uni students, and assorted professions also freelance for extra dosh. If she was in the bar - 99.9% confident she was working there. A usual tag line, "oh you my first customer". Anyways best recourse is to just be mates and leave it at that. You don't need the drama or BS, trust me. :)

Hang on mate, what about the part in your post where the sister says - 'She have many customer but she wait for you' ?????

Is it possible that she just serves drinks like a waitress at a bar in the West? Are all these girls prostitutes? Does it depend on what kind of bar it is? (I don't know - I'm asking).

Not trying to be cynical here, but have you ever actually been to Thailand or visited these bars?

I have, but my experience of both is rather limited. I've been to gogo bars. OK, that's obvious - the girls "dance" naked on stage, and then they come around to your table and ask if you'd like a drink, or would like to "go out", in which case they'll discuss a "take out fee" for them to "leave work". I don't remember if these are the correct terms, but whatever.

But there are other kinds of bars, right? I hardly drink, so I don't go to bars to sit and drink... maybe that's why I don't know about this stuff. I just figured there must also be normal bars in Thailand which have actual waitresses who aren't also hookers, or that some of the girls will just be waitresses while others will also do sexwork. No?

Edited by dumbnewbie

She could very well really like you and not be interested in robbing you blind. I was only a few years older than you the first time I went to phuket and had similar experiences. But you're fooling yourself if you think she doesn't go with other men sometimes. If you're ok with that, head back in 5 months and have fun. But, if she's been in Phuket the whole time instead of back home like she says, she could very well be a different person by then. Living in that environment changes people.

But, you should also consider looking other places. A lot of Thai uni chicks would love to have a 20 something year old farang boyfriend.

2. Prostitutes

3. Lodgers (a term ive coined for girls who dont necessarily want direct payment, but want to set up camp in your room and have you pay for everything while your with them).

Number 3 :)

Thats so bad but true... me and my mates developed a code if we had a short term lodger..you know the sort that just don't move from your apartment for a few days..

we'd phone each other and mention the word star trek which meant in our code we had a klingon and needed help to evict her.....which meant we would go and knock on each others door and organise to got out...resulting in sending her own..

sorry tee rak we gotta go out and drink some beer ;-) i'll phone ya :D

In Thailand there is no such thing as the stereotypical prostitute.

It is a very difficult situation to give advise on, from what I read, there are many nice girls that are forced in to prostitution . Maybe she is a nice girl who really likes you and wants a nice life.

Yeah, that was my thought. I mean, prostitutes all start out as normal girls, right? And this one appears to be pretty young, so maybe she's just starting and would rather just have a real boyfriend and get married? But if all she meets are cynical guys who treat her with skepticism or just flat out like a whore, well... isn't that how these girls become jaded, cynical and manipulative themselves?

But, you should also consider looking other places. A lot of Thai uni chicks would love to have a 20 something year old farang boyfriend.

Yeah, but don't ever tell her you kissed a bargirl! :)

By the way, what other places should he be looking? Where (aside from a university campus) would he find a uni chick? And how would a newbie to Thailand be able to tell her apart from a bar girl (or a regular working girl, etc.)?

I couldnt be bothered to read you enitre rant but why not read Thailand Fever by some Septic who wasnt much use with birds before he came to LOS, he was in your situation 10 yrs ago and many a fool on here swear by it.

My advice would be as youre early 20s to carry on sh4gging around, take the girls out for a drink and if theyve been good a kebab supper, so it isnt costing you an arm and a leg.

As youre early 20s you might be young compared to the old cnuts in LOS but if youve anything about you, you must have learned to work out people/women/situations etc.... back home in your 20 odd years, they arent that different out here!

2. Prostitutes

Number 3 :)

Thats so bad but true... me and my mates developed a code if we had a short term lodger..you know the sort that just don't move from your apartment for a few days..

we'd phone each other and mention the word star trek which meant in our code we had a klingon and needed help to evict her.....which meant we would go and knock on each others door and organise to got out...resulting in sending her own..

sorry tee rak we gotta go out and drink some beer ;-) i'll phone ya :D

lol. unfortunately im a solo traveller so its a tricky one for me! Klingon LOL. Brilliant.

Also, i dont drink, and I go to bars and pick up girls by myself. I dont pay for any girl in anyway.

If a happen to buy a girl dinner once in awhile its because i want to do that, not because im paying for her company, same rules apply in the west. Theres plenty of girls who arent working. An easy way to get around it is to only go out with 200 baht and indirectly makesure the girl your talking to knows it.

Drinking is a serious NO aswell in my opinion. Saw three guys with ladyboys last time i was in Bangkok and they were the few i happened to notice... Bad times for some!

Edited by Limey

Yeah, but don't ever tell her you kissed a bargirl! :)

By the way, what other places should he be looking? Where (aside from a university campus) would he find a uni chick? And how would a newbie to Thailand be able to tell her apart from a bar girl (or a regular working girl, etc.)?

RCA

It's quite easy, actually...

The university student girls are the ones wearing the shorter black mini-skirts and the tighter white blouses, with the buttons nearly popping loose around their breasts, than the clothes worn by the regular bar girls... Maybe a bit more makeup, also.... :)

And how would a newbie to Thailand be able to tell her apart from a bar girl (or a regular working girl, etc.)?

300px-Dumbledore_and_Elder_Wand.JPG

Dear new students and trolls:

This is a good example of a Rocket Thread. It has all the ingredients to get in the shortest amount of time the most possible replies. Just remember that and take it as basis for your future threads.

Pages and pages and pages and jimmy_page_biography.jpg

This was never a troll.. Ive actually got a lot more from this thread than i anticipated, so i thank all of you for that.

Are any of you guys based in Phuket, Id love to have a beer and chat about stuff with a farang when I come back down !

This was never a troll.. Ive actually got a lot more from this thread than i anticipated, so i thank all of you for that.

Are any of you guys based in Phuket, Id love to have a beer and chat about stuff with a farang when I come back down !

I would fly to Phuket just to be with you :)

Sorry I have too muh coffee :D

Edited by thesunset75

Are there 'normal' girls in RCA? Like uni students as you mentioned before or are there still stacks of bar girls.. I was going to go on my last trip to Bangkok but didnt want to go by myself..

It's not like discos in Patong where the most of female customers of the disco are actually looking for work. Most have daytime jobs or are students and are just out drinking with friends. There are off course some bar girls on their night off, or are taken their by their dates. They like going out drinking too.

And you probably would have more fun there if you had a friend to go with you, due to how Thai style discos are set up. You are placed at a table and you drink your whiskey or vodka bottle there, there usually is no dance floor. So it's important that you pick a good table next to lots of chicks and not a bunch of dudes that will talk your ear off all night. :)

To make the situation even more harder to judge - some uni students, and assorted professions also freelance for extra dosh. If she was in the bar - 99.9% confident she was working there. A usual tag line, "oh you my first customer". Anyways best recourse is to just be mates and leave it at that. You don't need the drama or BS, trust me. :)

really.. my windows give on a uni parking lot. at least 25 cars by day with red plate gets there(means brand new car), i see 18yo girls driving brand new honda jazz with all the addons, mazda 3's, mercedes, honda civic of the year.. i bet they get that with their weekend job @ 7/11

as far as meeting good uni girls, most of the REALLY good ones dont actualy go out at all untill theyve finished their studies.. so i wouldnt say that if u meet an uni girl at RCA, that she's a catch.. (unless u just wanna have fun with a really pretty girl who isnt uneducated)

Short version:

they are not sisters - they are looking for foreigners only for monetary reasons - you stay with her, you have to pay sooner or later - you don't, problems will come - you do, problems will arise later.

advice: look at that as a holiday hanky-panky and forget it.

:)

Yes Bird u are right i totally agree with u, follow wot he says haha i know these gals well. man use ur common sense wot she been doing there if she doesnt work there? spent whole nite there shh looks after her sis? lookin for victim?