Best/worst Places To Live In Thailand

dumbnewbie

Where do you guys live in Thailand? Why did you choose to live there? What other places do you like, and why? What places don't you like, and why?

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui, Hua Hin, Cha Am, Pattaya, Pai, the Northeast... so many choices... how did you choose?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Personally I like Bangkok. It's good for the transport systems, I can easily walk to the MRT or BTS within a couple of minutes from where I live when I'm there.

One of the great things in Bangkok is the food delivery services they have there, you can have proper food delivered, not just junk food.

I'd say it's more expensive in Bangkok than living in England, this won't be the same for everyone though as I only generally eat Western, Mexican and Indian food and this is obviously more expensive than the local cuisine.

Where do you guys live in Thailand?

i live in my house which by sheer coincidence happens to be located in Thailand.

Why did you choose to live there?

i like my house which in each and every detail was designed by my wife and my [not so] humble self.

What other places do you like, and why?

i don't like any other places because they are not as comfortable as my house.

What places don't you like, and why?

see above.

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui, Hua Hin, Cha Am, Pattaya, Pai, the Northeast... so many choices... how did you choose?

we are familiar with Pattaya since three decades.

disadvantage: my house is located in neither of them.

Where do you guys live in Thailand?

Chiang Mai

Why did you choose to live there?

Cooler climate, smaller city than Bangkok, but large enough to have many of the same perks.

What other places do you like, and why?

Phuket or Samui. I miss the ocean having grown up by the sea.

What places don't you like, and why?

Isaan because of the heat and flooding and Bangkok (ok to visit, not to live) due to overcrowding and heat.

Chose Chiang Mai for the reason previously stated.

Already covered above.