Catching Crabs In Thailand

sunholidaysun1

Those are the soft shell crabs caught in the paddy fields and put in Som Tam. also they dig them up when the fields are dry, I tried this once and its back breaking digging and following the little burrows and catching them alive.

Colino

eddy lived in a small town whose economy revolved around the crab seafood industry. one day he went and purchased a awesome new crabbing boat, the only problem was it wasn't crab season but he thought stuff it and went out to catch some crabs anyway. eddy was out on the water all day but only caught one crab, he was shattered. all of a sudden the water police pulled up out of no where and said " what do you think you're doing catching crabs it isn't even crab season?

Eddy responded "i'm not catching crabs"..

the water police said "what do you call that then?" pointing at the crab eddy caught.

"oh" eddy said "thats my pet crab"

the police officer getting mad said "b*llsh*t i'm giving you a $500 fine"

eddy said "hang on, i'll prove it, i'll put my crab in the water and a minute later he'll swim back to me"

the police officer agrees so eddy puts the crab in the water..

a few minutes go by and the police officer growls "ok where is the crab"

eddy says "what crab?"

There were two little crabs who met in pattaya every year. One year when they arrived, one little crab was shivering terribly. The other crab asked why and he said, "I got a ride here on a man's moustache. He drove so fast, I was freezing."

"Well," the other crab said, "why don't you hide up a lady's skirt next year. Then you won't be as cold."

The little crab said, "Hey, that isn't a bad idea." A year later, the two crabs met at the same place, and the one little crab was shivering very badly again. The other crab asked if he had taken his advice and he said, "Yeah, I went and hid up a lady's skirt, but when I woke up in the morning I was on that's guy's moustache again!"

Those are the soft shell crabs caught in the paddy fields and put in Som Tam. also they dig them up when the fields are dry, I tried this once and its back breaking digging and following the little burrows and catching them alive.

Colino

They're quite tasty, but there's bugger all meat on them.tongue.gif

Hello, I have heard of some people getting live crabs at Nana. These are the kind you will not want to eat, but the fresh water crabs are not bad from the rivers. Cheers.

if you catch crabs at nana,no problem,just sprinkle a little sugar on them...it does not kill them...just rots their teeth