Seitz 6x17 Digital Camera 160 Mega Pixels

aeon

edit: wrong digit, it is 160 mega pixel

Corrected it.

Impressive piece of hardware. Bit daunting on disk space though > File sizes raw (16-bit): 307 MB, tiff (48-bit): 922 MB. 1000 Photos and you've pretty much filled up that Terabyte drive. :)

Corrected it.

Impressive piece of hardware. Bit daunting on disk space though > File sizes raw (16-bit): 307 MB, tiff (48-bit): 922 MB. 1000 Photos and you've pretty much filled up that Terabyte drive. :)

thanks for the edit.

Yes it is, I would handle to save and transfer those huge files, but I can't handle that price for an hobby. :D

Edited by aeon

Corrected it.

thanks for the edit.

Yes it is, I would handle to save and transfer those huge files, but I can't handle that price for an hobby. :D

It's also a "scan Back" model. Scans the 3 RGB channels seperately and then YOU convert it all. Great resolution IF everything stays perfectly still. If it moves - ya dead!

Phase One did these years ago and indeed you can (occassionally) get Phase One scan backs on Ebay for use with (say) Hasselblad V systems for $500

Interesting concept though

Edited by The Vulcan