Philippines

tommybkk

Why all the pettiness by some posters on this thread? And other threads?

Still seeking derogatory replies to your last masterpiece? You didn't get any so you thought you better come back and try again?

Quite sure that I will be honored by derogatory posts from our authority(ies) on the Philippines.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is not enough beer in the world to numb the senses of some people so they can get on with their lives. So much of their time is spend ranting about something that displeases them and make other people feel as gloomy as they are. Hmmmm....

there is not enough beer in the world to numb the senses of some people so they can get on with their lives. So much of their time is spend ranting about something that displeases them and make other people feel as gloomy as they are. Hmmmm....

You surely must be misearable and gloomy - to read threads of no interest and then replying about nothing.

Gunnyd, thanks for sending some photos of your family (along with the rest of your abuse).

They helped to clear up one controversy i.e. that your wife comes from a middle class family. Now there is no doubt.

After seeing your family photos while considering your earlier comments, and in particular the "not all men need to find/pay for companionship" comment, all I can say is - you should have.

Peace, love and happiness.

If it is mainly "Nightlife" you are concerned with stay in LOS. Visit Patpong, Soi Cowboy, and finish off in Pattaya. We don't want your kind in the RP.
We did not meet in a bar or nightclub. Not all men need to find/pay for companionship.

Cebu...period. Base yourself there and tour the Visayas. If it is mainly "Nightlife" you are concerned with stay in LOS. Visit Patpong, Soi Cowboy, and finish off in Pattaya. We don't want your kind in the RP.

What a load of self-righteous BS. What about the sleazy gogo bars in Mango Avenue in Cebu? They aren't holding mass in there. "Your kind" of people maybe? How about starting there and finishing off in Angeles City, Burgos Street and Pasig in Manila, or even nearly every Starbucks I have visited in Makati, where "pay for play" girls are a fixture. I'm not criticising any of that.... whatever floats your boat... but it's really annoying to see someone condemning Thailand for such activities while at the same time holding up the Philippines as some sort of morally superior country by contrast.

Hear! Hear! Listen to grumpy grand daddy's rant. I wonder why there is so much anger in you. Wish I could tell you to hang loose but then you might just rest in pieces...

Gunnyd, thanks for sending some photos of your family (along with the rest of your abuse).

They helped to clear up one controversy i.e. that your wife comes from a middle class family. Now there is no doubt.

After seeing your family photos while considering your earlier comments, and in particular the "not all men need to find/pay for companionship" comment, all I can say is - you should have.

Peace, love and happiness.

If it is mainly "Nightlife" you are concerned with stay in LOS. Visit Patpong, Soi Cowboy, and finish off in Pattaya. We don't want your kind in the RP.
We did not meet in a bar or nightclub. Not all men need to find/pay for companionship.

Hear! Hear! Listen to grumpy grand daddy's rant. I wonder why there is so much anger in you. Wish I could tell you to hang loose but then you might just rest in pieces...

You must be a real pussy to think those replies are in anger.

Cebu...period. Base yourself there and tour the Visayas. If it is mainly "Nightlife" you are concerned with stay in LOS. Visit Patpong, Soi Cowboy, and finish off in Pattaya. We don't want your kind in the RP.

What a load of self-righteous BS. What about the sleazy gogo bars in Mango Avenue in Cebu? They aren't holding mass in there. "Your kind" of people maybe? How about starting there and finishing off in Angeles City, Burgos Street and Pasig in Manila, or even nearly every Starbucks I have visited in Makati, where "pay for play" girls are a fixture. I'm not criticising any of that.... whatever floats your boat... but it's really annoying to see someone condemning Thailand for such activities while at the same time holding up the Philippines as some sort of morally superior country by contrast.

Not to mention the dozens of huge Casa's in Cebu City...and all over the Visaya region. You can find brothels, "massage" palours and "karaoke" bars in just about every small town too. That's where the Filipinos find their P4P.

Gunnyd hasn't figured this out yet because he's still young and he married one of Philippines' finest before he had the opportunity to "explore".

• 2 weeks later...
Gunnyd sits comfortably in an armchair back in the US talking about the Philippines and gets all his info second hand from his wife who also doesn't live in the Philippines. This of course makes him an expert.

Then of course we had to hear the classical "my girl is better than yours because she didn't work in a bar" brag. In his own words: "We did not meet in a bar or nightclub. Not all men need to find/pay for companionship".

What he doesn't realise is that a large percentage of Filipinos living in the US were dragged out of bars in the first place. (mail order, internet, bar workers - same same)

Of course his educated Filipino wife is just another middle class Filipino snob with just as limited a grasp on Filipino poverty as he. I've witnessed first hand how these people treat the poor in the Philippines.

How presumptuous and pompous of you.

The majority of my family lives on the cusp of homelessness. The home where most of my wife's side of the family lives in doesn't even have a street address. That is why my wife got her medical degree along with a nursing degree so she would be able to emigrate to the US and send money home. Admittedly I have a brother and sister in law that are rich, I mean rich my US or European standards. The one time I met them they didn't like me because i didn't feel compelled to kiss their backsides. They treat the rest of the family like <deleted> and are soulless human beings.

And If not for our concern for our newborns right now, we would love to be in Balirong right now. It would be nice to have some help with the twins. But as I said before the medical care standards in the Philippines are atrocious. We would not want to risk their health, God forbid something happens and they need real emergency attention we would be completely buggered.

My wife comes from extremely meager means and if not for her exceptional mind and help from my brother-in law she would still be there living in a corrugated steel hovel. God/(Insert Personal Beliefs Here) had bigger plans for her and brought us together.

And I do realize the quick and sometimes filthy way that many Filipina's are forced to survive. My wife had the gift of education, not money. And if you have ever seen the OFW offices in the Philippines you would know that many Filipinos choose to go overseas to help their families.

And save the 2 years she stayed full time in the US so she could get her citizenship while she was a resident alien, we have been home at least once a year. The Balikbayan stamp gets us 1 year no fee in Cebu.

Why oh why do I bother.... You are simply being an ass tropo. I guess it gives me something to do while the children sleep.

Peace, love, happiness, and Pahawa tambok baho bilat sa baka tropo

Being a father must be atrociously stressful :)

^^Huh??

Unless you are commenting on my assessment of the state of healthcare and the fact that my babies are too young for me and my wife to be comfortable taking them to Cebu to visit the family. The only decent hospitals are located in Manila. But since we don't have family on Luzon we have no reason to visit.

And again what the heck are you referring to? I happen to thoroughly enjoy the Visayas and Cebu. Now I could be wrong. For all I know the OP could be talking about enjoying a night with family and friends singing karaoke and having a few drinks.

"We don't want your kind...". You don't even live there and yet you speak on behalf of a nation, very noble.

I think bargirls in Angeles City want my kind very much...and they shall have if Thailand refuses me new tourist visas for real. We shall see. :)

I did tell tropo in a PM that I would not speak on this subject, but after the deluge of insults left (6 posts). I feel compelled to respond.

My original statement that started this stands. I strongly disapprove the exploitation of women anywhere but especially girls from my second home The Republic of the Philippines.

Nice one insulting my family including most of the elders. Does it make you feel like a big man? And it was a PM. At least I have the class to keep it off of the board. And it was because of this statement:

Gunnyd sits comfortably in an armchair back in the US talking about the Philippines and gets all his info second hand from his wife who also doesn't live in the Philippines. This of course makes him an expert.

Then of course we had to hear the classical "my girl is better than yours because she didn't work in a bar" brag. In his own words: "We did not meet in a bar or nightclub. Not all men need to find/pay for companionship".

What he doesn't realise is that a large percentage of Filipinos living in the US were dragged out of bars in the first place. (mail order, internet, bar workers - same same)

Of course his educated Filipino wife is just another middle class Filipino snob with just as limited a grasp on Filipino poverty as he. I've witnessed first hand how these people treat the poor in the Philippines.

Basically you call my wife a HOUSE NIGGER, A FILIPINA UNCLE TOM....were you expecting a nice PM?

Here is pictures of how the Filipino "rich and middle class live" about 10% of the family in the house where most of my relatives live in Colon, Naga, Cebu

dsc01001r.th.jpg

Some of the men shooting the breeze in the "massive" back yard/kitchen

2006vacation013.th.jpg

And the Cebuano insult I posted was a test, I made sure that it could be easily Googled as a test of actual language skill. You failed miserably quoting it exactly.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that education costs money. Any female able to get out of the Philippines and travel to the USA to study medicine has money....a lot more money than 95% of the population...no matter what bs picture of her poverty you're trying to paint.

You really are deluded. You've been totally hoodwinked by your educated wife.

FYI My wife attended medical school in Cebu in the Philippines. Her tuition was paid by her one wealthy relative, only the tuition, she had to borrow books from other students because she could not afford them. And even after paying them back, becoming financially stable in the US, she still was culturally obligated bow put each of their hands on her head like they were royalty when she finally had the means to visit. I included a picture the of me with Aniano A. Desierto was sent to you as proof that I was not blowing smoke about having a former Ombudsman General Aniano A. Desierto as a brother in law and that my sister in law that is a full-time Commissioner of the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board. Because I was pretty sure you would have just accused me of lying.

dsc00323pbw.th.jpgThats him at my left.

They were so nice that she had to be their servant for 4 years right after she graduated medical school in Cebu, preventing her from having a proper residency in hospital.

I should have married a woman half my age so I could wonder if the only reason my wife married me was for US citizenship and money from what you say. I assume you were insulting my wife's looks. I am 39, and didn't feel the need to marry an 18 year old. FYI in the photos I included my wife was recovering from having her eyes done and nose done at Bumrungrad International. My anniversary gift to her. It left her with a black eye and swelling for weeks afterward.

Very classy insulting my wife. Having a 90 pound 18 year old former bargirl/prostitute as a wife must be nice for you tropo. [parody not to be taken seriously - just showing how ignorant tropo's statement was about my wife] Feel good having someone personally attack your wife? Tit for tat tropo, tit for tat. I have been married longer to my Filipina wife than you. Most likely I have spent more time actually present in The Philippines than you. And why is having an age appropriate wife such a problem for you? I never claimed to be an expert on The Philippines, you made that statement. I have been married longer to a Filipina than you have. I most likely have spent more time in The Philippines than you have. However you most likely know more about Luzon and all of the hot spots for finding young girls to abuse than I do.

Mods/Admins I tried to ignore the insults, but I could only do it for so long. Please delete all of the posts related to this. Will make the thread a lot shorter albeit less interesting.

How did we get to this? The Op only wanted to know where to go in Philippines; a subject I was interested in. We had a few informative posts and thank you to those with some common decency. After that this thread didn't hit rock bottom; it sank below it. I am getting fed up with opening hoping to get some useful information only to find find silly people squabbling. It is long ovedue for closing.

Gunnyd - you said 'stay in Thailand we don't want your kind in the Philippines'. I am not sure how this equates to "I strongly disapprove the exploitation of women anywhere but especially girls from my second home The Republic of the Philippines.".

Whilst I certainly don't condone the personal abuse you have received, I can only say that your original post came across as sanctimonious and self righteous, particularly given that you don't even live in the Philippines.

Given that you have a particularly strong stance against sex tourism, perhaps you should volunteer to educate the large number of American tourists that indulge in it in Asia, rather than telling them to do it in Thailand and not the PR?

Probably because the moderator is sleeping on the job... So can we get back on the topic now - Phaleeease. I still like the Philippines as there are so many places to see and discover.

How did we get to this? The Op only wanted to know where to go in Philippines; a subject I was interested in. We had a few informative posts and thank you to those with some common decency. After that this thread didn't hit rock bottom; it sank below it. I am getting fed up with opening hoping to get some useful information only to find find silly people squabbling. It is long ovedue for closing.

dsc00323pbw.th.jpg

Indeed a picture is worth more than 1,000 words :)

To have a loving marriage is more important to me than anything else. Marriage is supposed to be forever. Having a devoted intelligent wife, who gave me two beautiful children is much more important to me than running around looking for a "looker".

I have heard many a horror story from my buddies stationed in Subic Bay and Clark AFB back when it was open of marrying some hot young thing, getting her a green card, paying for all of her family to get into the US and then divorcing them and taking half their stuff and being stuck with alimony.

I could have just as easily posted a fake photo of some hot young thing. At least I have the <deleted> to post real pics of the family, and frankly I don't feel the need to impress anyone. :D I have the true love of my family :D and frankly that's more than any man could hope for.

No need to hope. Oh come now, comments about my looks??? You been around the KSR and Sukhumvit area between Thong Lor and Nana. I'm not worried about how I stack up. I'm not out trolling the club scene. And frankly looks start to go after a couple of years of marriage. But 39 kilos? come on now, maybe 38.5 at most :D . At least I still have all of my hair and most of my teeth. :)

Stop being silly and go rack up your post stats somewhere else already....

:) Hi folks, can we get back on track. Every country,every city and town has ladies to play with so can we talk about the other things the PI offers. My interest is motorcycle touring.

I see PI has a highway from Manila that goes south for a long distance. Has anyone done this trip and can recommend it? Thanks.

Pinay Paridise, I call it.

I love it all. Been there, done that. Traveled all of Luson, Cebu, Negros, and Bohol, so far.

Something for everyone. Love the people, the women especially.

Best place to get away from it all. Bantanyan

Best place to live, Dumaguette

Best place to gamble and dance, Cebu

Best place to cruise, MaKati Greenbest 5, Cafe Havana

Best place to get herpes, Angeles

Scariest boat ride, Pumpboat, Bantanyan to Negros. No life raft, no life jackets, leaks non-stop

russ

ps going to leyte and mindanao next

:) Hi folks, can we get back on track. Every country,every city and town has ladies to play with so can we talk about the other things the PI offers. My interest is motorcycle touring.

I see PI has a highway from Manila that goes south for a long distance. Has anyone done this trip and can recommend it? Thanks.

Partner, If you love exhaust fumes, diesel trucks, goofy bus drivers and high risk adventures, this is the place for you.

I have toured extensively via 2 wheels and I dont see much good road anywhere over there to rock your world. A few good 2laners scattered around , thats it. Come on over to Laos, Esaan or Cambodia

russ