Question About Life In The Uk Test

hi there

My wife and myself have rtnd to blighty to live(rtnd from thailand) and she has a spouse settlement visa.

Just a quick question,can she take the life in the uk test anytime now,or does she have to wait nearer the time when she goes for ilr,as she feels

she is ready to take the test now.

thanks

jp

Your wife can take it as many times as she likes, prociding there is at least 7 days between each test

my wife passed this firt time a couple of months ago, please remember though this is really a memory about 'British things', obviously you need to have a good standard of English to read the books she needs

get the precise books required, can't remember the precise details, am sure someone on here can and get her to read them over and over again first, that would be my advice,

hi there

TVE,yes shes read chapters 2,3,4,5,6 of the life in the united kingdom,a journey to citizenship second edition and shes also taken the full 24 practice test online,

and shes constantly scoring 18 and above,but we have been told by the test centre that these questions are not written in the same format as the

official lituk test,me thinks that they must be very simular,any way booked in for next week to take test,fingers crossed.

thanks everyone for the advice. :)

If she fails, she can retake it after a week. I've gone through it online and it is utter rubbish and unlikely that most of the UK would pass it first time.

However, if she takes the online examples and learns the answers rather than learns the theory, it should be possible to pass the test "parrot like" so to speak.

Hi there

The wife went and took the life in the uk test today and passed 1st time around,result. :D

Shes only got to wait another 19 ish months before she goes for ilr :)

Well i spose its another succesful whoop that we have been made to jump through :D

cheers

jp

Hi there

The wife went and took the life in the uk test today and passed 1st time around,result. :D

Shes only got to wait another 19 ish months before she goes for ilr :)

Well i spose its another succesful whoop that we have been made to jump through :D

cheers

jp

Congrats Chantas to the Mrs. I remember you from Uk settlement thread. You are not messing around.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a British Citizen born and bred and took the online 24 question test without reading the Life in the UK book and scored 13 out of 24. I immediately re-took it and scored just 14 out of 24. Then I quickly ( 15 mins) scanned through the book and got 23 out of 24. Ok, so i was taking the same test with the same questions but the point is that as long as the person reading it has a fairly good command of the English language it should not be too difficult to pass. Just remember to highlight the fact and figures and read it over and over for a few weeks. Go through it with your partner and do some spot quizzes. If they know the answers without having to see multiple choice they are bound to pass.

When I first took the test I thought it was a bit naff and nothing really to do with Life in the UK. However, on reading the book I can see that it is full of really useful stuff that will help people that are new to the UK. As I have been expatriated for 19 years I found loads of info that I too will find useful. I'm returning to the UK next week.

http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/