Latest Overcharging Rant - Camillian Hospital

kuma

So here is the latest rant about overcharging.

The girl is feeling not well so we go off to an evening clinic - she was familiar with a place called Camillian on Thong Lor (Soi 55)

So after a wait she sees the doc and he orders up a urine test. We wait for that and comes back she has a urinary tract infection. Yea well who hasn't had one here; take these meds and done in a week.

Oh no there is a falang in the house - and I could feel the eyes on me when we got there (I was the only one). No this particular urinary tract infection requires a special antibiotic that can only be administered by iv - and not just tonight, but for the next four nights. Yes we are told she needs to return every night for a 1 hour iv treatment.

I have never heard of this before - has anyone? a week of iv's for urine infection?? I just said to the nurse forget it, we'll take the medicine and thats that.

So they don't even put up a fight, surprising. They say ok she can have medicine but has to stay for an iv tonight because they started. Ok whatever so wait another 60+ minutes for that to be over with and then get a bill for just under 2,000 for the works - including a 1,000+ charge for the pills (ciprofloxacin, paracetamol and domp-m)

Yea that was worth it :)

So my recommendation is to avoid the place if you can.

The girl...

1. The biggest question should be whether or not the particular treatment was appropriate. Your biggest concern was that it was too expensive and you have jumped to a conclusion that the price was jacked up because you are a foreigner. Maybe it was. What is your evidence?

2. "The girl"????? Consider being a little more caring and responsible. Someone is ill. They need care. A little sympathy or empathy would be nice.

3. Yes, you are correct, it was a rant. Perhaps even libelous or slanderous...because you have no evidence.

So they don't even put up a fight, surprising. They say ok she can have medicine but has to stay for an iv tonight because they started. Ok whatever so wait another 60+ minutes for that to be over with and then get a bill for just under 2,000 for the works - including a 1,000+ charge for the pills (ciprofloxacin, paracetamol and domp-m)

So looking at the bill which was under 2000 less 1000 for take away pills leaves less than 1000 for seeing a doctor having her urine tested and one course of IV treatment I do not think that was to expensive did you bother to find out the cost per night for the extra IV treatment and then making a decision

Always rant at the cost of medicine at the private hospitals.

You got charged 1000 baht for ciprofloxacin, paracetamol and domp-m.

Para cetamol is cheap, 500 tablets 50/60 baht.

Last week I bought 20 500mg tablets of ciprofloxin at the chemist+ 80 baht for 20.

So the domp-m must be expensive......800 BAHT?????

BAYBOY :)

It would really depend on knowing what the urinary tract examination yielded. There are a lot of nasties out there and one would have to be able to discern what one was up against a UTI or an STD...... I have a vast history with this Non-profit hospital and I have found them to be pretty decent.....Op go ahead and post the clinical findings and put this thread to a rest.

I third that.

I go to Camillian now for any medical tests because it is half the price of the other 'international' hospitals'.

Actually, the last time i visited Bummers i was charged a 1300bht docs fee for the pleasure of spending 5 mins with them telling them the symptoms. Needless to say the tests that she recommended were carried out at Camillian, probably at a fraction of the cost. I think the docs fee was 3-400 bht.

Rather bizarre to think you are being charged 'farang' prices there to be honest.

• Like 1