Can Anyone Suggest A Good Hotel In Saigon?

buzzer

Hi,

I have had the Asia Ruby recommended to me. I'm looking for mid-range pricing. Most hotels have in room Wi-Fi - so that's a bottom line. I assume all are air-conditioned. Besides that I wouldn't mind quiet (one sounded good until I found out their 1st floor had a disco!) good restaurants, shopping and places to hang out in very close walking distance (these old feet get sore very quickly).

Thanks,

Buzzer

Hi,

I have had the Asia Ruby recommended to me. I'm looking for mid-range pricing. Most hotels have in room Wi-Fi - so that's a bottom line. I assume all are air-conditioned. Besides that I wouldn't mind quiet (one sounded good until I found out their 1st floor had a disco!) good restaurants, shopping and places to hang out in very close walking distance (these old feet get sore very quickly).

Thanks,

Buzzer

I am assuming that mid-range constitutes $50 - $75 = 3 star? If you want something in downtown then you have to narrow your choice to District 1/Quan 1 or possibly District 3/Quan 3.

Hotels generally are noisy due in part of the massive traffic problem Saigon/HCM has unless you stay at a 4 - 5 star hotel such as

the Marriott riverside / New World Hotel = 5star, REX = 4 star. I think the amenities and location are well worth at these better hotels. Smaller local size mini hotels are noisy, not too clean, lack of security, etc.

Another alternative is the Best western 'Chancery hotel' on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai District 3 but have to walk at least 1 kilo through

a park (safe park) to get to District 1 near New World Hotel or Benh Than market.

Check out the website; www.Asiatravel.com for hotels in Vietnam

Mid-range, *** star. My picks in order of preference.

Elios, Dist 1

Bong Sen, Dist 1

Bong Sen Annex, Dist 3

BW Sol Chancery, Dist 3 (mentioned by rfukata ^^ )

If you want to up to **** star, again in my order of preference.

Duxton, Dist 1

Grand, Dist 1

Norfolk, Dist 1

Have a nice stay!