Korat

MrWiggle

You can get DVD,s Originals/copies (up to you) and go to the cinema in a huge shopping centre called "The Mall"

The Mall is on the main road theough Korat ( Mittrapharb Road) and you would,nt miss it if you went past.

http://www.koratmap.com/

This website offers you as much info on Korat as you would like

Edited by soihok

"DE MALL" as my sung saeng family calls it. its a big mall (at least by my standards, but i hate malls)... with almost anything u would want from a mall including mall rats and lots of places to buy cell phones and a place that can make keys for your car if u are dumb enough to twice lock your keys in the car (husband and brother in law); enough of a mall to give me a mall migraine ........

bina

israel

Thanks, taking kids to the movies one day and want to pick up several dvd's, so knowing where to go beforehand is helpful.

So long as you dont expect to hear any English speaking films. Most films are dubbed in Thai and it is very very rare to have an English one.

HL :)

You can get DVDs in the lower level of The Mall. The Mall is an off shoot of The Mall in Bangkok and is owned by the Siam group who also owns Siam Paragon Mall and the Emporium Mall in Bangkok. The Cinema is the EGV group of Cinemas, and has mostly Thai dubbed movies with some with English Sub Titles. The one thing I miss living in Korat is Bowling.

Barry

I wish. We had two bowling alleys here in Korat. The first one was in The Mall by PS Bowl. A great company, but since the Mall closes at around 10PM just when Thai people are starting to go out, they couldn't make it and closed. the other in Klang Plaza also closed since Klang Plaza also closed early.

Barry

If you are going to "The Mall" and need as a pedestrian to cross Mittrapharb Road, try to use the one pedestrian bridge near the place.

Mittrapharb Road would be one of the busiest and fastest roads of any city in Thailand with no control of the speeds whatsoever.

There is a very faded type of pedestrian road crossing across to the Mall, which like all of these type of things in Thailand, no driver takes any notice of.

Even the school children get so pi...d off trying to get across this road, they actually walk on to the road and dare vehicles to stop, have watched this farce many times and wondered how many have been killed or seriously injured!