How Much Does A House Cost?

I'm looking to buy a simple house. Don't have a lot of money. 2 or 3 bedroom house in Chaiyaphum. We already own the land. How much for a cheap house.

Can anybody send me pictures and prices. I'm looking to spend between 700,000 to 1,000,000 baht.

Thanks

Good question. Are you planning to build the house on the land that you already 'own'..? And in what materials do you want your house constructed..? It makes a big difference to the cost whether you are building in bricks and mortar, wood or pre-fabricated type materials. Anyway, you should be able to build a single-storey, 2-3 bedroom bungalow for the amount you mentioned. Be careful to choose an honest builder though. And only pay him by instalments. And expect it to go over-budget too. Good luck..!

Building the house itself is not that expensive.

Fitting it out is. Kitchen, bathrooms, floor tiles etc...

Your budget will only give you a 150 sqm proper quality build house, without the above fittings...

You can go cheaper by using single brick walls, big long roof plates instead of proper roof tiles etc...

My wife has been showing me prices for American/Euro style houses for 1.2 million Baht. A little too much for me. Is a Thai style house cheaper. Nothing fancy, just the basics and something that won't fall down during a thunderstorm. I'd like to spend 800,000 Baht. The land is paid for and it is raised and ready to build on. I'm stressed out because I want to build her a nice house, but I don't have the money.

My wife has been showing me prices for American/Euro style houses for 1.2 million Baht. A little too much for me. Is a Thai style house cheaper. Nothing fancy, just the basics and something that won't fall down during a thunderstorm. I'd like to spend 800,000 Baht. The land is paid for and it is raised and ready to build on. I'm stressed out because I want to build her a nice house, but I don't have the money.

You have Bt800k. Why not save up another year? Better to build a house that satisfies, then to rush one that may become a sore point between both of you. Spend on fixed decoration first like floor and ceiling finishes, bathrooms and kitchen, and cut back initially on loose furniture and electrical goods, air-con, etc. The latter can be progressively added a couple of years later.

Monty is right on. You can build a house for x amount and it will be ok but the real costs are in the fittings you install.

I just moved in to our new place and I underestimated the desires of both myself and the wife when it came to the finish.

We went from a 2.25 million house to about 3 million finish.

If you are strong about what you want and hold to your budget 1 million is doable.

Don't be emotional, building a house is a business matter related to one's budget,

you know your budget, so make your decision accordingly, for the sum 800K you can built a very acceptable Western style house for your wife to be happy with, so don't be stressed-out, and when the house is in the process of being built visit the site daily in order to ensure that the building work is up standard as planned.

We live in America with a baby on the way. I plan on living here until I retire in 14 years. This house is for her mom (and us when we visit). We will live in it (and improve it) when I retire. Can I build a decent house for 800,000 Baht? I don't want to spend more then that. Can anybody recommend an honest builder in Khon Khan/Chaiyaphum area? Thanks again.

I'm looking to buy a simple house. Don't have a lot of money. 2 or 3 bedroom house in Chaiyaphum. We already own the land. How much for a cheap house.

Can anybody send me pictures and prices. I'm looking to spend between 700,000 to 1,000,000 baht.

Thanks

I have a place outside Chaiyaphum, I could look in on it from time to time. I know some reasonably reliable builders as well, though they are more Thai-style than European. I already introduced them to the reality of building for a westerner them in so they know not to sod around.

If it would help let me know. I transformed a train-wreck of a Thai-stye house to one I feel happy living in. Not a palace but big and it suits me. Let me know.

i also am in exactly the same situation as you,,,im building soon in khon kaen ,,(kra nuen) area,,so if i can be of any help just pm me ,,also like wise....if anyone is reading this then please pm me with any decent builders around my area,,,i also have 800 k and im 42 yrs old,,i want somewhere for holiday home and also for my wife when she is older and wants to return to thailand....i havent a clue about building a home and if someone can help me out along the way if im stuck with something then a few cases of beer will be forwarded to you for ur help and advise....cheers

Thanks

there is a very good forum in Thailand http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/ it is all about expat building in Thailand, the people in the forum are a bunch of real nice guys and I learned a lot there. there is an article about a guy who build a very nice house for about 800,000 bth $ 25,000 usd here is link http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtop...?f=3&t=1429

Good Luck