Thailand Iron Ore

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm looking for Iron Ore fines. A friend of mine in China asked me if I could find Iron ore for him from Thailand. I checked around but only find trading companies and they can not provide any documents that they can really supply. Does anyone have any contacts or know where I can look.

Thanks,

Eric

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm looking for Iron Ore fines. A friend of mine in China asked me if I could find Iron ore for him from Thailand. I checked around but only find trading companies and they can not provide any documents that they can really supply. Does anyone have any contacts or know where I can look.

Thanks,

Eric

You're not the only one searching....and they're talking mega tons.

http://www.alibaba.com/buyeroffers/Iron_Or...----------.html

My advise: if you're not in this kind of business, stay away; it's complicated, tricky and megabucks and "nosers" aren't welcome in most cases.

If a Chinese is searching for this stuff it means his sources can't find it either or have to pay sky-high prices.

Good luck though.

LaoPo

LaoPo,

Thanks for that. I know on the trade website everyone is looking, but I know from other stuff I sell most are not end buyers and you end up with 20 adds for one buyer, all brokers trying to sell to the same buyer. I was hoping since I was here in Thailand I could get a lead on a mine and go meet with them. My friend works for a small steel mill in China and only needs 25,000 or 30,000 tons per month. I know people are looking for 100,000 or more from Thailand which is impossible. Hopefully someone in this industry can give me a lead, my friend is willing to pay a commission to me and anyone else that can get me direct.

Again thank you very much LaoPo, I always see you are on top of things.

Take care,

Eric

Thanks,

Eric

Send me a PM with contact details. I have a friend who is mainly doing manganese but has some contacts in iron. He tells some nightmare stories about getting Thais to supply so he might save you some pain.

My wife has a small ten rai farm in Loei province that has laterite formations. It is in the form of larger pieces that break apart easily. Since it is magnetic, it apparently has a lot of iron in it. It is a rusty color. It apparently makes great building bricks. Unfortunately it would need to be run through a jaw crusher before it can be used for molding into bricks. I don't know how thick the formations are or what percentage of iron it contains.

• 1 year later...
<br />My friend has a mine in Loei and is currently shipping to China. PM me for details.<br /><br />Haresh<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Haresh,

I would be most grateful for your friends contact information regarding Iron ore or any type of ore.

Please PM me so we can discuss a bit further.

Thanks,

Brian.