Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

interesting,a member of SWAT Patters is farang?

" I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"

This is mos def the scariest thing I have ever seen ( as a former law enforcement professional ).

Snuggzz has it dead on in his post.

A SWAT unit chasing a stolen vehicle?

Stopping and doing random checks?

Firing at a moving vehicle ?

My God, not even XE ( formerly Blackwater ) would allow this kinda shit, even in Iraq...

Some innocent is going to get killed by these idiots..and I mean complete idiots.

( The John Wayne combat roll off the vehicle was pretty funny.)

I know where and what country we're in, but my gosh...hasn't any one associated with the police upper mgmt thought about the liability issue with these fools...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Episode 5 and can say the Tourist Police came across far better in this episode than the previous.

However, a question for you Pattaya people - On the yellow Hummer door underneath the SWAT logo there was some partially shown script, did it actually say "Counter Terrorism" ?

I have just read the following...

"The show has now been sold on to Australia's Channel 9 and is gaining further interest ahead of TV film and entertainment festival MIPCOM in Cannes next week"

So that's potentially thousands more visitors that will be put off from ever coming here..

What were the Thai Authorities, and the dopey volunteers thinking of when they agreed to this??

I just dont understand your logic here. Why would this show put people off coming? Are people really going to watch this and think "I am not going to Thailand because now I can see that if I behave like a complete <deleted> I will get into trouble"?

Well maybe some might, but Thailand could do without those people visiting anyway.

There has only really been one story in the show which has put Thailand in a bad light and that was the jetski guy, a sequence which only lasted a few minutes.

OK lets pretend this is my trip report... I could go on for pages and pages but I will not for the sake of appearing boring..

1) I landed in Thailand and my plane skidded into the control tower

2) I visited the beach and a jet sky ride cost me 30K

3) My hotel burnt down cos of poor fire regulations

4) I used my ATM card and they locked me up for 18 months

5) A ladyboy who I thought was a girl drugged me and robbed me of all my money

6) There are wannabee farang policemen watching every move I make on walking street (this only applies to Pattaya)

7) Somebody passed me a spliff and I was on bail for a month

8) The Thai police are corrupt and any misdeameanor will cost me a fortune, My mam will have to fork out a fortune to get me out of jail

9) I'm lucky i am still alive as hundreds of Brits die here every year

10) I bought a bargirl a drink and she chased me out of town

11) I sat quiet enough outside Howard's mate ben's bar 'secrets', and ended up in jail

12) I met a farang from australia that robbed me of 1/2 a million dollars

13) Somebody came up to me and offered a sex show, and ripped me off

14) do I really need to go on....???

Tell me something positive in this series!

perhaps hes the Private financial backer, who coughed up coin for a Hummer as well.....

The farang in the swat team is a proper trained professional who is under proper inter-government authority to train the Thai's in anti-terrorist tactics.

He is not to be confused with the unqualified mis-fits that we have on show in the entertainment districts.

You may note that he did not feature in an interview as he is not trying to attarct attention to himslef like the TPV's or the FPV's

Edited by taffylee

perhaps hes the Private financial backer, who coughed up coin for a Hummer as well.....

The farang in the swat team is a proper trained professional who is under proper inter-government authority to train the Thai's in anti-terrorist tactics.

He is not to be confused with the unqualified mis-fits that we have on show in the entertainment districts.

You may note that he did not feature in an interview as he is not trying to attarct attention to himslef like the TPV's or the FPV's

I would be very interested to see the proof you base that statement on.

Please show us all.

Maybe taffylee is the professional farang in the SWAT team.

No way with a name like taffylee he has to be welsh, He is from the UK tho lol.

The swat guy was most certainly not welsh and not from the UK.

Proof as requested please. I'm waiting with baited breath.

Edited by cyb

You may also note that he's rolling round in a blinged up bright yellow SUV as his homeboys start shooting at a car they're chasing like they're in Miami Vice. Hardly the model of discretion. :)

You may also note that he's rolling round in a blinged up bright yellow SUV as his homeboys start shooting at a car they're chasing like they're in Miami Vice. Hardly the model of discretion. :)

Come on you guys, You forget to mention that the guy gave what amounted to a 15 sec interview. Full face no blocked out features, Hardly the actions of a guy not wanting to attract attention to himself.

One thing I thought was interesting was in the scene with the guy who thought he paid with a 1000 baht bill and was there with his girlfriend (not bar staff) who confirmed it was indeed a 20: They bothered to vaseline out his face, but NOT of his girlfriend?! <deleted>? I guess the little brown people don't matter?

So while everyone was debating over what clothes the TPV were wearing, there was a privately funded armed militia running around? I might buy the stuff about a private consultant training Thais in counter-terrorism if it weren't for that ridiculous charge off the hood of the Hummer, and the fact that counter-terrorist forces are rarely brought in over stolen cars.

Again, one has to ask why someone would privately finance this armed unit?

So while everyone was debating over what clothes the TPV were wearing, there was a privately funded armed militia running around? I might buy the stuff about a private consultant training Thais in counter-terrorism if it weren't for that ridiculous charge off the hood of the Hummer, and the fact that counter-terrorist forces are rarely brought in over stolen cars.

Again, one has to ask why someone would privately finance this armed unit?

My thoughts exactly, and the silence is deafening. Of course financing such a unit would certainly give some pretty powerful leverage to any one involved with it. :)

There are obviously lots of questions about the "SWAT" team of Pattaya (please note I call them "SWAT" and not SWAT in fear of offending any genuine SWAT Team members from other countries who may be reading this).

I have some very strong views about the Pattaya version of "SWAT" and serious concerns but I really don't want to comment on their work on a public forum as I feel it would be inappropriate considering my position as a Tourist Police Assistant. Sorry, but I hope you understand my silence regarding "SWAT". I known a lot about their team, their training and motives, but they have big Guns which they could easily point in my direction, all I have is an extendable baton and a set of handcuffs....who will win!!!

:)

good for you you have only a baton and hand-cuffs. " power stems from the barrel of a gun". "absolute power corrupts absolutely". a baton? well," let it be".

the "SWAT" team and the real SWAT team?

good you clarified your position for it shows your power of persuasion. you definitely don't need a gun.

chris patten or kissinger would have liked you to be on their team for sure.

if only all tourists police around the world can think like you.

but, be careful though as you're now in pattaya - a drunkards' paradise(? or it is hel_l) as mentioned by one of the panelists here. have seen some of the volunteer tourists police in their other jobs and am not so convinced they think like you. take care. :D

howard's debut?commendable for a volunteer and should not be "condemned" - not condemn, he deserves our praises.

farang volunteers should speak more thai? fearful proposition. why? than they may think like thais and what's the use of having farang tourist police volunteers? will a foreign language speaking thai police understand all the foreign slangs/parochial words of a farang? worst still, will the thai police endanger his own life amongst his own people should he be biased or seen to be biased? :D

Edited by gaby

I have to say Howard props to you for the calm polite way you dealt with that <deleted> and his wife filming in the bar. Arrogant prick. If he'd have gotten a kicking from the bar owner and I witnessed it I'd most probably be cheering Somchai on.

Apologies..

I shouldn't post after a night in walking street..

What I should have said is

The farang is perhaps a trained professional..

Which is based on the much publicised US-Thai co-operation in the war on terror and particularly the security of the thousands of US servicemen that visited Pattaya who are potential targets.

But of course I may be wrong and it might have been one of Niel Colov's alternative wannabee group the FPV's who are known to be involved with Shore Patrol.

You may also note that he's rolling round in a blinged up bright yellow SUV as his homeboys start shooting at a car they're chasing like they're in Miami Vice. Hardly the model of discretion.

Good point :-) but what I meant is he probably doesn't love the attention and want his name all over the programme, personally I would have loved to have seen more of this, it's much better than watching Miller patrolling up and down walking street.

Edited by taffylee

Apologies..

I shouldn't post after a night in walking street..

What I should have said is

The farang is perhaps a trained professional..

Which is based on the much publicised US-Thai co-operation in the war on terror and particularly the security of the thousands of US servicemen that visited Pattaya who are potential targets.

But of course I may be wrong and it might have been one of Niel Colov's alternative wannabee group the FPV's who are known to be involved with Shore Patrol.

You may also note that he's rolling round in a blinged up bright yellow SUV as his homeboys start shooting at a car they're chasing like they're in Miami Vice. Hardly the model of discretion.

Good point :-) but what I meant is he probably doesn't love the attention and want his name all over the programme, personally I would have loved to have seen more of this, it's much better than watching Miller patrolling up and down walking street.

So your original response was talking out of your ass.

Still no real response to the real questions about SWAT.

Personally I would rather see howard patrol walking street than have these mercenaries let loose in Thailand.

The only good thing i saw in the swat clip was that it appeared to only take one shot to hit the tyre. Good shooting seems to be the only good thing about them.

Just to add a bit more and this is only a guess. Bet the guy that kicked the driver in the face was the owner of the demolished wall.

Edited by cyb

Why is a counter-terrorism expert running around Patters in a yellow humvee dealing with normal police matters? Sorry this lad is going to get someone killed and that is plainly obvious to all. :)

Some 10 years ago we were doing some work with the real Thai SWAT teams, and, a really nice bunch of guys they were. They did not go running around in bright yellow hummers blasting away at all and sundry. A very, very professional and motivated crew. You would'nt even give them a second glance if seen on the street. Not running around tooled up, but when a hostage situation got going, they did the planning, had 'Chinese Parliment' about it and did the job. They must be pissing themselves laughing about crashing a hummer into a barricade and various heroes doing front rolls off the front of the thing. And who is sooper trooper training the Pattaya SWAT?. Bets on on his life expectancy before a couple of real SWAT put the word in his ear - or be told to go elsewhere.

I have great respect for the real guys, and, they are nice guys. They never go blasting away. Everything is planned down to the last iota.

Got the pics, but not for publication. Pattaya, laughable..............................

Wasnt the farang SWAT guy Sifu McInnes, boss of McInnes Corportation the company that bought the yellow Hummer and nice bike they use? And probably chipped in for the Oakley shades too - essential whilst on night patrol.

Looks like the same bloke...pic here>>>

http://www.fighttimes.com/magazine/magazine.asp?article=694

Military Connection

In the early 90s Sifu began teaching hand to hand combat at the Thai Military Police Academy which is the central academy where all of Thailand’s governmental bodyguards, Military Police and diplomatic protection officers train. His system of teaching and adapting Martial arts to real life situations has worked well and is popular with the soldiers. Sifu has remained an instructor there until today where he teaches the instructors of the Academy.

Hope they show more of the team in action in the final episodes. Far more interesting than the endless stream of idiots getting wasted and robbed at the Full Moon parties or the interviews with guys banged up for drug dealing all saying "don't break the law in Thailand".

Edited by phuketrex

it looks most likely the correct fit, as he has the connections and finances

i remember back in NZ,AKL (mid late 80s) he used to have his Sir Dorr students as bounces outside the clubs, no one messed with them, hes a grandmaster as well

Edited by Donnyboy

it looks most likely the correct fit, as he has the connections and finances

i remember back in NZ,AKL (mid late 80s) he used to have his Sir Dorr students as bounces outside the clubs, no one messed with them, hes a grandmaster as well

So in other words he's a bully/villain as well :)

RAZZ