Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were "Big Trouble in Tourist Mexico" it would be American or Canadian drunks embarrassing their compatriots. If it was "Big Trouble in Bondi" it would be the Kiwis. The filmmakers obviously chose the location because of the number of Brits who flock there, but many other nationalities are making asses of themselves elsewhere.

so which band of volunteers was carrying out sting operations on local establishments?

I thought that was pretty low.

Which episode was that in?

no episode......it was on your website........

pattayaone.net/news/2009/april/news_03_04_52.shtml

"An undercover operation used foreigners who were armed with marked bank notes took place. As soon as the cash was handed over, the Immigration Officers stormed the building"

The unedited footage just released should keep JJ out of jail as you can see it is obvious he just brought out the gun as a joke and wasn't threatening in anyway with it. Just some editing by Vera Productions made it appear so.

thats what i saw as well....

talk about sensationalism, the final cut in episode 1 is totally misleading....shame on you Vera :)

and no doubt this will end the speculation on whether the JJ vs marines was scripted or not.

in conclusion, this now puts a whole new light on this series in that what we are lead to believe, most likely to be total BS.

If it were "Big Trouble in Tourist Mexico" it would be American or Canadian drunks embarrassing their compatriots. If it was "Big Trouble in Bondi" it would be the Kiwis. The filmmakers obviously chose the location because of the number of Brits who flock there, but many other nationalities are making asses of themselves elsewhere.

there are probably more kiwis in Bondi than aussies these days :)

so which band of volunteers was carrying out sting operations on local establishments?

I thought that was pretty low.

Which episode was that in?

no episode......it was on your website........

pattayaone.net/news/2009/april/news_03_04_52.shtml

"An undercover operation used foreigners who were armed with marked bank notes took place. As soon as the cash was handed over, the Immigration Officers stormed the building"

Foreigners have been doing this for years and will continue to do it for years to come but I can assure you that Foreign Tourist Police Assistants DO NOT involve themselves in bar raids unless we are asked to go there after the raid has taken place to inform any foreigners what has happened and what the Police require of them, if anything.

Howard, wasn't there an operation with TPV involvement that busted foreign prostitutes? That one had me thinking that volunteers could be put at risk, as those girls must have been connected (no pun intended) to someone.

So you got fired, and are now feeling a bit sorry for yourself?

You're definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, Patsycat. :D

Just another ignorant comment......by you.

Patsycat - no, I wasn't fired. My contract with Vera Productions expired as it was due to. Freelance TV producer/directors work on short-term contracts - very few P/Ds these days are full-time employed staff. Some with the BBC are an exception - but very few compared to how it used to be. And in the case Thai Cops this was my idea, so I would have had to fire myself!! Obviously you prefer fiction to non-fiction. You are perfectly entitled to that.

but in this series, you have made a fictious tv show by editing the footage and protraying as reality :)

The unedited footage just released should keep JJ out of jail as you can see it is obvious he just brought out the gun as a joke and wasn't threatening in anyway with it. Just some editing by Vera Productions made it appear so.

As I've said, Vera Productions moved audio of the Marines trying to prevent a fight with JJ to the moments where he approaches them with the gun, removing the original, genuine sound in breach of the UK OFCOM code which states: "Factual programmes or items or portrayal of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience." And: "views and facts must not be misrepresented." So I'm not sure saying 288 Brits were killed in Thailand last year instead of DIED is in the spirit of the code either. The Broadcasting Code also says: "Broadcasters must avoid unjust or unfair treatment of individuals or organisations in programmes."

The Thai authorities could pull Vera up on this next one which says contributors should: " ... be made aware of any significant changes to the programme as it develops which might reasonably affect their original consent to participate, and which might cause material unfairness." Such as changing the title at the last minute to 'Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand'. And: "when a programme is edited contributions should be represented fairly." Faking the audio over the JJ gun scene could be construed as treating him unfairly. Be interesting to know what Channel 4 would make of Vera faking the audio in this way as the production company also makes programmes in the respected 'Dispatches' documentary/Current Affairs strand.

Edited by BTITmaker

51 pages about a crap TV show. How does this reflect upon the intelligence of people?

I've had about enough of your self-satisfied commentary. You can take your superior attitude elsewhere. People are here to relax and shoot the breeze, that's all.

Howard, wasn't there an operation with TPV involvement that busted foreign prostitutes? That one had me thinking that volunteers could be put at risk, as those girls must have been connected (no pun intended) to someone.

There is risk in everything we do, even our regular duties on Walking Street.

There is risk in everything we do, even our regular duties on Walking Street.

so were the Foreign TPV involved with that sting?

You people must be SERIOUSLY bored to even watch this garbage.

Why are you contributing to this particular thread when you have no interest in it?

Cos he has nothing better to do, than try to look smart. :)

www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/april/news_03_04_52.shtml

"foreigners" - there is no mention of Tourist Police Volunteers or Assistants. This was a raid done my Immigration. I know typical police tactics around the world is to use CI(s) for operations such as this - simply because they have been banged up and get no sentence or lighter for working for the police. I'm sure thailand is no different.

Edited by britmaveric

51 pages about a crap TV show. How does this reflect upon the intelligence of people?

It must mean that we are all stupid people and you are an intelligent person?

You are exactly correct :)

It's not possible to be "exactly correct". There are no gradations of correctness. Something is either correct or it's not.

Howard was promoted in Ep. 5. His caption read Howard Miller/Thai Tourist Police.

thought the caption was "didnt you kill my brother?" :D

sorry Howard couldnt resist, congrats on the marriage :)

post-15912-1255348861_thumb.jpg

Edited by Donnyboy

It must mean that we are all stupid people and you are an intelligent person?

You are exactly correct :D

It's not possible to be "exactly correct". There are no gradations of correctness. Something is either correct or it's not.

Let this be the 1st "exactly correct" thing to exist. :)

It is correct to say that only morons would indulge in such a puerile TV show. I'm not surprised to see so many "brain dead" people getting "worked up" about a poorly manufactured TV show. It ultimately proves the 80/20 rule.

Why have you quoted a nest of three previous quotes that have no bearing on criticism of the Tourist Police and then go on to criticise the detractors of this thread and in so doing, cast a misleading shadow on the related quoted posters.

If you are going to paraphrase me, get the context right.

Moss, is that aimed at me ?

Sorry mate, I only wanted to respond to Howards post.

Yes it was aimed at you, but I guess I was being a little cranky. it looked like you were rebutting my post and as such taking my words out of context, but no worries.