Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

Where did anyone search a food cart? Are you even watching the same show? :)

A russian tourist reported to them that a thai vendor was selling drugs from a food cart. Howard went along with his thai counterpart. The vendor had cleared off and where he/she was parked they found some yabba. Yabba was taken back and it was processed for testing. End of story. :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A russian tourist reported to them that a thai vendor was selling drugs from a food cart. Howard went along with his thai counterpart. The vendor had cleared off and where he/she was parked they found some yabba. Yabba was taken back and it was processed for testing. End of story. :D

As i pointed out in an earlier post brit, Howard was directed to something on the floor.

He in no way searched and found the yabba.

As i pointed out in an earlier post brit, Howard was directed to something on the floor.

Whats known in reality TV as a 'happy accident' !!

No way that the production team could have arranged for a bag of tablets to be conveintly placed on the floor for Howards discovery, is there now?

Must admit that the last episode was, I thought, the worst so far. Still good to watch and look forward to the next.

No way that the production team could have arranged for a bag of tablets to be conveintly placed on the floor for Howards discovery, is there now?

Must admit that the last episode was, I thought, the worst so far. Still good to watch and look forward to the next.

It was hardly a bag of tablets.

In fact it was a bottle screw top which contained a few tablets.

It's good to stick with facts and not make things up as you go along.

It was hardly a bag of tablets.

In fact it was a bottle screw top which contained a few tablets.

It's good to stick with facts and not make things up as you go along.

No way that the production team could have arranged for a bottle with a screw top containing a few tablets to be placed on the floor and be found by a volunteer police assistant is there now?

No that's not the end of the story. A russian tourist reports the fact, the volunteers then call the police, who will do the needed. The volunteers proceed with what they need to do, ie. be of service to tourists, not accompanying real officers on a crime scene. What is the use in that, except to provide the document maker with some nice footage and in making the appearance that their job entails more then that. And indeed I have to admit they obviously succeeded in just doing that in my case.

I however do seem to remember that they did more then just observing, but I have to be honest, it's been three weeks ago that I have seen that particular footage.

Edited by sjaak327

Khun Fart.... What makes you think they do not have dedicated training? I recall they have parachute jump training, marksman, first aid and dare say basic law enforcement knowledge and procedural training specifically geared towards the volunteer assistants.

Sure HM can comment on their training aspects? :)

From being a former volunteer medic in a Fire Brigade, I can tell you first hand the best experience one can get is from actual day to day incidents. No training is more valuable than experience itself.

We have some of the toughest vetting procedures in place here in Pattaya than any other volunteer group around Thailand. I am not willing to go into the finer details of the process, but I have to say that even these procedures are not full proof as detailed checks from Thailand and the members country of origin are easily obtained by us, but who knows what they may have done in another country! It is my responsibility in Pattaya to closely monitor everyone in the group and act when information is received by me concerning the actions of a member of the group which requires further investigation. I work very closely with my superior who is a Police Captain responsible for our group and ask him, as a Police Officer, to investigate when needed.

Regarding training, we are constantly being trained and retrained, not because the Police want this but because I, as the Group Leader of the Pattaya Branch want the group to know as much as possible and to be prepared for any eventuality. For example we will soon be holding a basic fire fighting course and a further self-defense course which will include instruction on restaining techniques. We don't publicise all training courses we attended because we don't need to. We are in no way accountable to anyone on chat forums or within the expat community, only to the Tourist Police who allow us to do what we do. However if anyone has a problem with a Tourist Police Volunteer/Assistant from Pattaya or anywhere around Thailand I urge you to make a formal complaint to your local Tourist Police Station. If you do have a complaint you must back up any claims with evidence.

We are in no way accountable to anyone on chat forums or within the expat community, only to the Tourist Police who allow us to do what we do.

Unbelievable! So the Pattaya Tourist Police can make up their own rules. The mind boggles. TIT.

However if anyone has a problem with a Tourist Police Volunteer/Assistant from Pattaya or anywhere around Thailand I urge you to make a formal complaint to your local Tourist Police Station. If you do have a complaint you must back up any claims with evidence.

Like the Tourist Police are going to do anything. I for one have no more faith in them, than I do the Royal Thai Police, which is to say, none at all ( King Power and Phuket jet ski scams ring any bells ).

I still say that I don't see why Walking Street should be the sole place requiring the presence of the black shirted ones. Does no trouble occur elsewhere?

Regarding training, we are constantly being trained and retrained, not because the Police want this but because I, as the Group Leader of the Pattaya Branch want the group to know as much as possible and to be prepared for any eventuality. For example we will soon be holding a basic fire fighting course and a further self-defense course which will include instruction on restaining techniques. We don't publicise all training courses we attended because we don't need to. We are in no way accountable to anyone on chat forums or within the expat community, only to the Tourist Police who allow us to do what we do. However if anyone has a problem with a Tourist Police Volunteer/Assistant from Pattaya or anywhere around Thailand I urge you to make a formal complaint to your local Tourist Police Station. If you do have a complaint you must back up any claims with evidence.

You are accountable to the public that you serve...

No way that the production team could have arranged for a bottle with a screw top containing a few tablets to be placed on the floor and be found by a volunteer police assistant is there now?

I hardly think so, Then they would be quilty of possesion.

Where did the bottle come from? I clearly said a bottle screw top not a bottle with a screw top.

It's like chinese whispers on this forum, Things get added on all the time.

By the time it reaches the last person it's a whole new story.

Edited by cyb

I do think it would do wonders if patrols were done up/down beach rd, and other areas. I know staffing is prob an issue, but I think it would reduce lot of the petty crime, just by visibility alone.

Brit. Is it an wonder that staffing would be an issue?

With the support they deserve not given on forums like this.

who on earth would want to join up with the like of comments on here?

I do think it would do wonders if patrols were done up/down beach rd, and other areas. I know staffing is prob an issue, but I think it would reduce lot of the petty crime, just by visibility alone.

Some people still don't get the point obviously. Patrolling is a police task, not one for foreign volunteers with next to nothing in terms of authority.

The Royal Thai police is repsonsible for maintaining security on beach road and other areas, not the volunteers.

Again I have full respect for the Bangkok volunteers (which I have never ever seen) but according to some people do very usefull work at police stations, as indeed a liason between tourists and the regular police, provding assistance and translation. Nobody can find anythng wrong with that.

Now I am sure if the Pattaya folks did just that, there would be no criticism. I even find not much wrong in that mobile station setup they have going on on Walking Street, beyond that leave the police work to the authorised police.

But I guess if they were limited to that, the staffing issues would be huge...

Just a couple of quick questions. I have not been able to read the whole thread and apologise in advance if they have been answered elsewhere -

1. Do the TPVs not worry that one day they will seriously piss off the wrong Thai/foreign "bizznezman" and end up ....{insert your own ending]? Are they afforded any special protection?

2.I saw the jetski incident. How much is a new jetski and how much for a 2nd hand jetski in excellent repair?

Thanks in advance.

Some people still don't get the point obviously. Patrolling is a police task, not one for foreign volunteers with next to nothing in terms of authority.

The Royal Thai police is repsonsible for maintaining security on beach road and other areas, not the volunteers.

Again I have full respect for the Bangkok volunteers (which I have never ever seen) but according to some people do very usefull work at police stations, as indeed a liason between tourists and the regular police, provding assistance and translation. Nobody can find anythng wrong with that.

Now I am sure if the Pattaya folks did just that, there would be no criticism. I even find not much wrong in that mobile station setup they have going on on Walking Street, beyond that leave the police work to the authorised police.

But I guess if they were limited to that, the staffing issues would be huge...

If the royal Thai police are responsible for the beach road. Answer this why is there so many problems there?, While walking street has somewhat lesser problem in relation to beach road.

Where did the bottle come from? I clearly said a bottle screw top not a bottle with a screw top.

Nice to see that you edited the post and still overlooked the word 'quilty'

What is quilty? - Someone that steals all the sheets?

Not to be pedantic or anything. I am never one to point out small errors in other's posts.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Nice to see that you edited the post and still overlooked the word 'quilty'

What is quilty? - Someone that steals all the sheets?

Not to be pedantic or anything. I am never one to point out small errors in other's posts.

For your information i edited to add not to correct.

For your further information. I have a keyboard problem which is throwing up the wrong letters and i have to double check but missed that one.

Enough for now have better things to do, Like sleep have to be up early.

.......Mobi,I hereby invite you to come and spend an evening with us on Walking Street. I will personally meet you and be prepared to answer any questions which I am able to provide an answer for. I think that as a well respected member of this board and a long term ex-pat living here in the Pattaya area, your review of what we do would be respected by every BM here on Thai Visa. How about it?

Howard

Howard, that sounds a perfectly reasonable offer, which I accept with the proviso that I am allowed to post my impressions, good or bad, without fear or hindrance, after I have spent the evening with you.

I will PM you to arrange the details.

Mobi

Mobi or Howard...has the "night on Walking Street" been done yet ????

.......Mobi,I hereby invite you to come and spend an evening with us on Walking Street. I will personally meet you and be prepared to answer any questions which I am able to provide an answer for. I think that as a well respected member of this board and a long term ex-pat living here in the Pattaya area, your review of what we do would be respected by every BM here on Thai Visa. How about it?

Howard

Howard, that sounds a perfectly reasonable offer, which I accept with the proviso that I am allowed to post my impressions, good or bad, without fear or hindrance, after I have spent the evening with you.

I will PM you to arrange the details.

Mobi

Mobi or Howard...has the "night on Walking Street" been done yet ????

Nobody has come to see me yet...still waiting!

For example we will soon be holding a basic fire fighting course and a further self-defense course which will include instruction on restaining techniques. We don't publicise all training courses we attended because we don't need to

Why do you need to know self-defence (English spelling :D ) and restraining techniques?

What legal right or power have you been given to restrain or arrest someone? None as far as I'm aware. Although from the size of some of you I reckon a little bit of PT wouldn't go amiss :D :D

Or maybe sign language from the way you grabbed that poor bloke around the throat :)

I suggest you stop trying to be something you are not and never will be.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

What is Neils Colov's role in the Tourist Police? He seems to be involved in everything in Pattaya!

He is the project leader of the foreign police volunteers who are based at Pattaya Police Station, nothing to do with the Tourist Police.

By the way, I am having a great laugh reading some of these posts on here. It really is unbelievable what some people say. So many experts on here....and quite a few jealous people as well, but I understand that.

I probably shouldn't bite but I will say this one thing. I will put it in capital letters so some of you can understand it. Maybe some of you should write this down and keep it for future reference so you don't keep REPEATING yourselves. Here we go......ready.....by the way I can only speak for the Pattaya Tourist Police, other stations may do things differently.

FOREIGN TOURIST POLICE ASSISTANTS IN PATTAYA ASSIST THE TOURIST POLICE IN THEIR DUTIES. WE WORK UNDER DIRECT INSTRUCTION OF THE TOURIST POLICE AND IF REQUESTED WE CAN ASSIST THEM IN ANY MATTER AS LONG AS WE REMAIN WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THAI LAW.

IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE........DIGEST WHAT I JUST SAID AND REMEMBER IT. DON'T QUESTION ME ON IT BECAUSE I WILL NOT ANSWER.

I apologise for my rudeness here and I hope it does not offend the sensible TV posters here.

What is Neils Colov's role in the Tourist Police? He seems to be involved in everything in Pattaya!

He is the project leader of the foreign police volunteers who are based at Pattaya Police Station, nothing to do with the Tourist Police.

By the way, I am having a great laugh reading some of these posts on here. It really is unbelievable what some people say. So many experts on here....and quite a few jealous people as well, but I understand that.

I probably shouldn't bite but I will say this one thing. I will put it in capital letters so some of you can understand it. Maybe some of you should write this down and keep it for future reference so you don't keep REPEATING yourselves. Here we go......ready.....by the way I can only speak for the Pattaya Tourist Police, other stations may do things differently.

FOREIGN TOURIST POLICE ASSISTANTS IN PATTAYA ASSIST THE TOURIST POLICE IN THEIR DUTIES. WE WORK UNDER DIRECT INSTRUCTION OF THE TOURIST POLICE AND IF REQUESTED WE CAN ASSIST THEM IN ANY MATTER AS LONG AS WE REMAIN WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THAI LAW.

IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE........DIGEST WHAT I JUST SAID AND REMEMBER IT. DON'T QUESTION ME ON IT BECAUSE I WILL NOT ANSWER.

I apologise for my rudeness here and I hope it does not offend the sensible TV posters here.

I understand what you are saying and I m glad you made such clarification. Though for someone who watch the video it doesnt seems to be really the case, It s probably the documentary that is biasing most of the post here. If you look at them you ll notice foreigner are in the center of every action and the thai are sometimes appearing but for a few seconds only. I think maybe that s what is biasing the posts in my opinion. Anyway thanks for your work and your time I think it could be interesting to have a walk / talk with you in pattaya if i was living there :)

HM...I don't know your personal motivation for doing what you do. You might have the best of intentions...You might be some sad wannabe. Only you know the truth.

However, to suggest that people are "jealous" of 40+ wannabes walking around a shithole like Pattaya pretending to be Rambo is a bad joke... :D

Maybe your little dose of "celebrity" has gone to your head? :D:D

The simple fact is there isn't any statute that says you can detain or arrest someone - the Royal Thai Police just make the "rules" up as they go along. You have no more "power" to arrest or detain than anyone else.

I suggest before you preach to others you should look at your own and others actions - were you acting within Thai Law when you grabbed someone around the throat? Or your partner in crime pepper-sprayed a pair of ladyboys? :)

Perhaps you should read this:

http://www.thai-touristpolice.org/application.php

And I quote:

Conditions

1. Volunteers clearly understands that this program is purely volunteer, no payment in kind or cash for contribution what-so-ever

2. TPD will not be held responsible for any loses or accidents during volunteer work

3. Volunteer must pass probabtion period of 3 months to be fully endorsed as a TPD assistant

4. Volunteers understand that being a volunteer is to assist the work of a police officer and not act on behalf of a police officer

5. Volunteers should not be involved in activities such as arrests, interrogations, investigations or inspections

And you are actually called a "Tourist Police Assistant" - I humbly suggest you guys do a little bit more "assisting" and a little less dreaming :D

Good luck :D

RAZZ

P.S And you never did answer my question about "covert" filming did you? Funny that :D

Edited by RAZZELL