Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but -

Good luck on your marriage next month, Howard!!!

Thank you!

Howard please accept my sincere condolences on the demise of your life :)

Just kiddin.

Congratulations, Hope you both have a full and happy life together.

Don't forget to post the pics ok?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but -

Good luck on your marriage next month, Howard!!!

Thank you!

I just want to say to all the knockers that Howard helped me out one time and I was very grateful for that, he's a very nice guy and good luck to him and the other volunteers. At least his mrs will know where he is in the evenings, which is more than can be said for a lot of people on here ha ha.

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes, but could we get back to a bit of Howard bashing because to be quite frank with you, I miss it :D

Happy to oblige Howard. :D

Where did you get trained in restraint? That arm lock technique was pretty lame. :)

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes, but could we get back to a bit of Howard bashing because to be quite frank with you, I miss it :D

Where did you get trained in restraint? That arm lock technique was pretty lame. :)

Was a bit pathetic!!! I just watched it back. I think the problem was I was only responsible for one arm. If I was allowed to have done it on my own I might have had a bit more success (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!)

Was a bit pathetic!!! I just watched it back. I think the problem was I was only responsible for one arm. If I was allowed to have done it on my own I might have had a bit more success (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!)

:D Come on Howard, you got to do better than that with an excuse. :D

:D Come on Howard, you got to do better than that with an excuse. :D

How often have you seen what seems to be on the surface a lame excuse to be the truth?. Seen it so many times i keep an open mind now, The truth can nearly always be stranger than fiction.

Edited by cyb

I think this last installment of the Bravo series tried to cover too many different things. None of the stories had any real depth. The guy pushing the pills make me think, "Yeah, you got poor legal representation (in front and behind the judge's table) but ho-hum...drug dealer...whatever."

The segment on motorbike accidents was poorly constructed; it just didn't seem to give me a "Thai flavor" of how things are here. The Bangkok Airways crash was condensed into something like a lame news report.

What is becoming clear is that people under the influence of alcohol can be, for lack of a better term, temporarily insane.

By the way, I was thinking about the Samui volunteer police, or whatever their official title might be, and remembered a thread or two here pointing out that they are generally not reachable by phone and, if memory serves, their kiosk on Chaweng Lake has been abandoned for some time. I wonder if they still have a presence here on Samui beyond titular.

And for Howard: What is it you think we posters are jealous of? Can't be the money. Conventional wisdom would say, "You're all jealous of the power I wield," but maybe there is some other aspect (men in uniform are handsome?). Please clarify.

Only answerable to the Tourist Police?

Is it any wonder that one of the main reasons for the unpopularity of this scheme is the arrogance of the TPV?

Amen ProfessorFart!

That is about the size of it, or shall I say the size of their ego's.

Uncletom

Talk about building hens out of feathers...

He said he was answerable to the police (above him in chain of command), not posters on ThaiVisa.

Which is true.

Now you guys turn around and pretend it means that they think they can do anything in the world, and will try it, until someone in the Police protest...

TAWP, don't try to take it out of context for your own amusement. Their (only some of them, because it would be moronic to try condem them all, because there are probably some very good and normal TPV eggs to be fair), actions have spoken and continue to speak for themselves. And from what I have seen on the videos and from the TPV I specifically spoke about in my post, there is no question that arrogance and egos do come into play built upon a certain high they get from it.

*sigh*

Yes, many of you sound jealous. You have nothing and bring nothing to the table and are jealous of those that do.

Nope! Dead wrong. Has absolutely nothing on me or to do with me! Jealous, you are truly barking up the wrong tree with this idiotic statement. But I do remember when I was young, yes, I did dress up in kiddy army suits and played soldier. But then again, I played cowboys and Indians too! Suit and tie is acceptable when needed for a honest genuine appearance.

Now you guys turn around and pretend it means that they think they can do anything in the world, and will try it, until someone in the Police protest...

TAWP, don't try to take it out of context for your own amusement. Their (only some of them, because it would be moronic to try condem them all, because there are probably some very good and normal TPV eggs to be fair), actions have spoken and continue to speak for themselves. And from what I have seen on the videos and from the TPV I specifically spoke about in my post, there is no question that arrogance and egos do come into play built upon a certain high they get from it.

How can quoting a full post, something you failed to do, be taking something out of context?

And the response I was responding too was clearly going after a part of a sentence in a forum-post, not a mans written statement to a court, i.e. it might not have been worded to your delight but it didn't imply what you two started inferring.

And congratulations on your diploma in remote psychology and video-feed profiling.

Has the rest of the series been pulled? New episodes have been showing on Monday nights but next monday no Episode 5 in the Bravo TV listings.

The series has not been pulled. Episode 5 is on Monday Night at 10pm (UK Time) on Bravo.

HM - does Gavin have any plans for any more episodes past the original 8? I have to assume he must have hundreds of hrs of footage.

I am sure that if they were given the chance they would make a second series, however in reality the Tourist Police and the Thai Film Board would probably not grant them permission to film a series like this again.

What part of stop fighting do you guys not understand?

Obviously the "stop" part

I dont like the narration done on many of these programs, it always sounds like a Grant Mitchell type lookalike or should that be soundalike?

Well I was thinking with the footage they already have... :)

The Producers in London claim they only just had enough to finish all 8 programs!

I do not dispute what you say howard as you are only repeating what you have being told.

But surely there must be hours of footage not used due to it not being for want of putting it a better way. (I've lost the word lol) But sure you or someone can add it for me. I hate it when i get stuck for words grrrrrrrrrr

Have to say - disgraceful display by the toursit police in Episode 4 regarding the deaf and dumb group. I've tried to keep an open mind and give them benefit of the the doubt. Regardless of what the intent is claimed to be by these guys, I think that one has finally made my mind up - disgraceful that they're allowed to carry on like that. Not sure who the British should be more ashamed of in this series the tourists or the tourist polizei.

One exception: Kudos to the volunteer that was able to communicate in sign language though, who remained calm and actually seemed to do some good.