Switch From Honda Cbr150 To Tiger Boxer Rs250

gmac

hi guys i stay aside in these too elaborated discussions if anyone is happy with its own bike thats what count, and respect the other and dont do magic on the keyboard .im a real biker riding my bike as much as i can ,and not write some untrue sh*t about a brand that many dont know .

i have 31000 km in 11 months and i was 2 months back in Belgium . 2 flips on the switch and my tiger girl roared instantly after 2 months rest. and still looks as new. . I think some guys here must really turn red after what they said in 1 year time. pieces gonna fall of must dug out of the way for falling pieces ,scrap plastic fenders etc. and many other things i have forgotten already here is the evidence guys an inferior ,bad thai brand bike still glossy in her skin . I nearly forgot tiger sold more than 1 tiger there is another pearl of white around somewhere just crossed my path when i took the pictures

BTW Dave do you still have your CBR i want to go on a trip with you If not ask pb's cbr 150

post-69913-1259768234_thumb.jpg post-69913-1259768290_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1259768344_thumb.jpg post-69913-1259768461_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1259768513_thumb.jpg

Happy trails hope to see you all on the road and join together

Charlie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with BigBikeBKK, nobody will compare a motorcycle like a Tiger Boxer 250RS to something like a Honda CBR150R, it will be stupid. But then who wants to compare a absolute model to a current model. Similar to the Honda CBR150R vs NSR150, sure the Honda NSR150 was superior to the CBR150R... but Honda dropped it like a fly... pulled its wings and let it for death, never said a word, we will see what 2010 does for the CBR150R, will it be a classic as the NSR150 or will it be just a memory of the past.

Anyway therefore we better can compare the Tiger Boxer 250 RS to the Honda CB223, which is likely one of the bikes Honda is going to produce in Thailand from the first quarter of 2010 in Thailand. The Honda CB223, is fare superior if it comes to fueling, basically you can ride as a blind person to the fuel-pump and fill-up, and it doesn't matter what you had before it will not matter, E20 with 91 or 95...mix it on. The fueling system has so much sensors it will adapt, and adjust the perfect fueling for your bike. The Tiger is fuel by a carburetor, so automatic fueling adjustments are not possible. But still, when the Tiger Boxer 250RS is set on one fuel it can can easily be a match (with a big smile) for the Honda offering.

The powerful Honda NSR150 two-stroke engine has even today not much competition, even well saddled Ninja 250R riders would be a easy targets for a average Honda NSR150 racer...

Same for the Honda Phantom TA200, it is powered by a carburetor, some already talk about the Rebel 250 coming to Thailand, even if the Rebel 250 comes to Thailand, what will the sales quantities be if you can get a 400cc V-Twin for the same price. The Lifan LF400 is maybe going to be build in Thailand, to bypass some USA/China import restrictions...

I agree with BigBikeBKK, nobody will compare a motorcycle like a Tiger Boxer 250RS to something like a Honda CBR150R, it will be stupid. But then who wants to compare a absolute model to a current model. Similar to the Honda CBR150R vs NSR150, sure the Honda NSR150 was superior to the CBR150R... but Honda dropped it like a fly... pulled its wings and let it for death, never said a word, we will see what 2010 does for the CBR150R, will it be a classic as the NSR150 or will it be just a memory of the past.

Anyway therefore we better can compare the Tiger Boxer 250 RS to the Honda CB223, which is likely one of the bikes Honda is going to produce in Thailand from the first quarter of 2010 in Thailand. The Honda CB223, is fare superior if it comes to fueling, basically you can ride as a blind person to the fuel-pump and fill-up, and it doesn't matter what you had before it will not matter, E20 with 91 or 95...mix it on. The fueling system has so much sensors it will adapt, and adjust the perfect fueling for your bike. The Tiger is fuel by a carburetor, so automatic fueling adjustments are not possible. But still, when the Tiger Boxer 250RS is set on one fuel it can can easily be a match (with a big smile) for the Honda offering.

The powerful Honda NSR150 two-stroke engine has even today not much competition, even well saddled Ninja 250R riders would be a easy targets for a average Honda NSR150 racer...

Same for the Honda Phantom TA200, it is powered by a carburetor, some already talk about the Rebel 250 coming to Thailand, even if the Rebel 250 comes to Thailand, what will the sales quantities be if you can get a 400cc V-Twin for the same price. The Lifan LF400 is maybe going to be build in Thailand, to bypass some USA/China import restrictions...

richard, maybe i misread this but the boxer 250rs is currently already running on benzene 95 &91 gasohol(e10) 95&91 and gasohol e20...i mix as i have it available, ...sometimes ben 91 or than e10 91 or e10 95...and if i am lucky i feed it with e20...no problems at all...no adjsutements are done on the bike it runs as is...almost a fuel flexible ( well not quite )

xobm

richard, maybe i misread this but the boxer 250rs is currently already running on benzene 95 &91 gasohol(e10) 95&91 and gasohol e20...i mix as i have it available, ...sometimes ben 91 or than e10 91 or e10 95...and if i am lucky i feed it with e20...no problems at all...no adjsutements are done on the bike it runs as is...almost a fuel flexible ( well not quite )

xobm

That is interesting- I'm no expert on carburetors, but how does a carbureted engine adapt for different fuels?

xobm

That is interesting- I'm no expert on carburetors, but how does a carbureted engine adapt for different fuels?

Same here...no carburetor expert...but mine runs on all fuels that i listed ....i tried all of them on my boxer -with the exception of benzene 95 . charlie seems to do the same...

xobm

Hi Richard,

Im a bit confused ,My boxer runs already 1 yrs fuel flexible gasohol 91 95 benzine 91 95 and E20 sometimes i mixed it and no problem the most economical is on E-20 3,20 l /100 km why is the old techniques from tiger inferior compared to the honda im technically not strong enough to understand .....

charlie

xobm

Again BigBikeBKK you are right, a engine using a carburetor will not adapt, therefore it is set to a much wider range of fueling, then a fuel-injection engine which can be focused in seconds to a different fuel or fuel mixture. Still, if somebody would take the time, and targets a specific fuel and performance curve you can get better performance out of a carburetor engine then out of an fuel-injection engine, especially, when this engine is single-cylinder and not to much displacement.

Again BigBikeBKK you are right, a engine using a carburetor will not adapt, therefore it is set to a much wider range of fueling, then a fuel-injection engine which can be focused in seconds to a different fuel or fuel mixture. Still, if somebody would take the time, and targets a specific fuel and performance curve you can get better performance out of a carburetor engine then out of an fuel-injection engine, especially, when this engine is single-cylinder and not to much displacement.

Richard both charlie and myself using all kind of fuels on our boxer without any noticable power/mileage difference ....Any police boxer is equipped with the stickers of the fuels that the boxer can run on...i did list it and i did run mine on all ( except benzene 95)

xobm

reading your post again...if i limit my Boxer to just one kind of fuel ( say e10-91) and tune that carb just for that....i can expect a higher performance?

xobm

It will run on it, just wont run to peak performance.

Then again as its not a performance type engine the differences may not be as visible.

Hi Richard,

you mean that cb223? http://www.honda.co.jp/news/2008/2080321-cb223s.html

i never really liked to be too focused on the technical data of some bike as it really depends how it does when it's been ridden.

But here is something that caught my eyes...

the cb223 has 135kg weight, it delivers 16hp's on 7000rpms, and got 5 gears front disk rear drum brakes...

to compare this few things to the boxer (250rs)

weight : cb223 135kg - boxer 121kg = cb223 weighs 14kg more

Hp's : cb223 16 hp- boxer 18hp = cb223 has 2 hp's less

Gears: cb223 5 gears- boxer 5 gears = same

Brakes: cb223 front disc brake, rear drum brake - boxer front and rear disk brake

reading what i just posted here ....is the cb223 coming to thailand really the bike i found on the link or am i misled?

xobm

That CB just looks too retro IMO..

It looks retro but i don't have a problem with that really....i found those few specs that i listed a bit disappointing...not sure where it shall compete with the boxer 250 rs??? speed?,power?fuel flexible? brakes? i still believe the specs i got from the link maybe not right ...someone can confirm? xobm

Wow- if that's the bike (CB223) that Honda is bringing to Thailand to compete against the Boxer 250RS then I think Honda is going to be quite embarrassed...

Now that little VTR250- THAT looks like a right fun machine! I think that torquey little v twin would have great success in Thailand.

Ride On!

Wow- if that's the bike (CB223) that Honda is bringing to Thailand to compete against the Boxer 250RS then I think Honda is going to be quite embarrassed...

Now that little VTR250- THAT looks like a right fun machine! I think that torquey little v twin would have great success in Thailand.

Ride On!

Honestly, i am not so sure if i got the right link here....richard-bkk mentioned something about superiour fuelling...he meant FI with that? if so than the specs of the link i posted are not matching as it is a carburated engine....but i am not too sure if this is a smart choosen bike to make here...i think the vtr would be a lot better...

xobm

richard

any price indication ????? The Honda looks good claasic style , But i still cant get your explanation that the honda will be so much better . If i loook to the specs maybe i have the wrong specs

charlie

If the specs on the link are right they have to sell it for around 50-60k's....i think richard meant the fuellling would be more superior...which leaves me also a bit glueless....if i could just find the right specs on that bike :)

xobm

.i think richard meant the fuellling would be more superior...which leaves me also a bit glueless....if i could just find the right specs on that bike :)

xobm

Well, we all know that Richard has a hard time with English- he read an article from Honda which indicated Honda's intent to phase out carbureted bikes in favor of fuel injected bikes, but I don't think he quite understood the timetable.

Depending on what you are using the bike for, Fuel Injection is not necessarily 'superior' IMO. Say you're riding in Laos and Cambodia or sound very out of the way part of Thailand and your FI has a problem- the chances of anyone being able to fix it are slim to none, but just about any grease monkey anywhere will know how to take apart and service a carburetor.

.i think richard meant the fuellling would be more superior...which leaves me also a bit glueless....if i could just find the right specs on that bike :)

xobm

Well, we all know that Richard has a hard time with English- he read an article from Honda which indicated Honda's intent to phase out carbureted bikes in favor of fuel injected bikes, but I don't think he quite understood the timetable.

Depending on what you are using the bike for, Fuel Injection is not necessarily 'superior' IMO. Say you're riding in Laos and Cambodia or sound very out of the way part of Thailand and your FI has a problem- the chances of anyone being able to fix it are slim to none, but just about any grease monkey anywhere will know how to take apart and service a carburetor.

Reading richard's post again...he mentioned the cb223 is likely to come...which means this isn't written in stone...hopefully the honda guys are reading this so we can prevent them to make a stupid mistake for even start on that bike here...hope the vtr is more likely to come,

xobm

Reading richard's post again...he mentioned the cb223 is likely to come...which means this isn't written in stone...hopefully the honda guys are reading this so we can prevent them to make a stupid mistake for even start on that bike here...hope the vtr is more likely to come,

xobm

Well, Richard is known for being wrong about a lot of things, so don't give to much weight to his posts :) I hear he knows a lot about animals though... :D:D:D

xobm

Well, Richard is known for being wrong about a lot of things, so don't give to much weight to his posts :) I hear he knows a lot about animals though... :D:D:D

siamdaktaribiker.in.th ? :D

Still, i want to see Honda to come up with at least some "little" big bike ...kawa,yamaha,ducati,bmw,triumph..all have but honda still on the 167th generation of Honda wave , although reliable and a workhorse but i want to see something new.

xobm

1)boxers 250 weight is 121 kg, cbr150 is 115 kg--- can't say that it is that far apart in weight

2) "In the time I spent in Samut Prakarn area I saw no bike (with the exception of a ratted out 2T driven by a Thai kid with no helmet) that could keep up with the CBR inside of real traffic" maybe they were'nt up for racing into death ???

3) Enough riding time on the CBR vs Boxer has been done for both mbox & myself ( now that sounds weird :D )- needless to say it was more than 60km and not just some flat area.

4) Do that thing what tony suggested on the other site ... it will help you getting the most out of it while staying alive-he meant it in good intentions and so do i.

5) If you want to go to Umphang on the cbr i will take my wifes fino so we are not outperforming each other :D - you back in LOS when?

6) i want to see a harley rider doing the umphang iron butt :D , umphang needs fast and good gearing - it was easy for me on the boxer and what better example that this is correct info than on a ride like that?

7)"The reason that I have the Ninja is, and it's in the Ninja thread, my wife bought it." maybe ask her to exchange it to a d-tracker than you got your cbr as sport-alike bike and a dtracker to go to umphang again. d-tracker has a bit lower topspeed but has a good torque ...have it derestricted and than the speed shouldn't be too bad either.

8) "Which TEFL course is better?" :)

9) just sayin' another pointfor no real reason "9" is a lucky nr and we all need that too :D

happy trails,

xobm

1) That's nearly the same weight you were commenting on earlier in the thread as to why I wouldn't have a valid idea of a Boxer's performance....

2) Perhaps the majority were not; but there were plenty of kids who saw a falang on a 'fancy' motorbike and had a go at me.

3) And is the burden of proof you laid on me the same you're applying to you and MBOX? I.E. did you ride the two bikes back to back? Or did you already have thousands of klicks on your Boxer when you apparently rode the CBR?

4) Planning on it...

5) Or you could stick to the Boxer. The rate the Boxer is ridden up A1 should allow me time to get far enough ahead that our time arriving in Umphang should be similar....

6) Ok.

7) Or I can just wait till I stay in LOS for longer than I have been and get a bigger bike after point 4 is squared away.

+1 to that- why have two little sport bikes (one of which you aren't that fond of anyway) when you could have a little sport bike you like and a nice enduro?

See above.

you're late- party is over... :D

go to bira if you want ot race, read the prior posts we talked about town traffic driving...not racing. If you go to bira it will be a waste of time/money as i am sure the cbr will win...i mentioned the positive aerodynamics and 6th gear for the cbr before...so please read it. Nor is the boxer a racing or sportsbike....it's an allrounder bike- also mentioned it before .

60km is maybe just enough if you do all kind of situations(hilly, town, flat...) for an knowledgable and skilled biker...the situations were certainly not given.

i never said there is anything wrong with a high rev engine...did anyone? Maybe dave want to say a word on this because some bikes just need to be kept on the right rpm's , if that is not done the output is simply not there. But i said the low rev engine delivers better power on low revs...no rocket science really,

So go with your other cbr 150 guys and do your racing ... but i wished to have my vfr750 Fj again and give you a good hiding :D

xobm

Someone who's ridden a CBR150 knows that they're about aerodynamic (least ways for a decent sized foreigner) as a brick turned on the corner. I.E., the fairing doesn't direct that much wind around you; so please stop using that excuse.

Really I'd just like those Boxer riders to answer the following to questions:

1) Is the Boxer quicker through traffic than a CBR? If there's any doubt there's always that nice tight track behind Seacon Square in Bang Na where a disinterested third person (I nominate Tony) could time himself around the track on both bikes and settle the question. This track works well for determining the answer due to how tight it is and would offer a good approximation of in-city road traffic.

2) Does the Boxer have a higher top end? I know that changing the rear sprocket is a popular mod so go ahead and include that in your opinion; just remember that will take off your 'get off the line' speed.

1)boxers 250 weight is 121 kg, cbr150 is 115 kg--- can't say that it is that far apart in weight

2) "In the time I spent in Samut Prakarn area I saw no bike (with the exception of a ratted out 2T driven by a Thai kid with no helmet) that could keep up with the CBR inside of real traffic" maybe they were'nt up for racing into death ???

3) Enough riding time on the CBR vs Boxer has been done for both mbox & myself ( now that sounds weird :D )- needless to say it was more than 60km and not just some flat area.

4) Do that thing what tony suggested on the other site ... it will help you getting the most out of it while staying alive-he meant it in good intentions and so do i.

5) If you want to go to Umphang on the cbr i will take my wifes fino so we are not outperforming each other :D - you back in LOS when?

6) i want to see a harley rider doing the umphang iron butt :D , umphang needs fast and good gearing - it was easy for me on the boxer and what better example that this is correct info than on a ride like that?

7)"The reason that I have the Ninja is, and it's in the Ninja thread, my wife bought it." maybe ask her to exchange it to a d-tracker than you got your cbr as sport-alike bike and a dtracker to go to umphang again. d-tracker has a bit lower topspeed but has a good torque ...have it derestricted and than the speed shouldn't be too bad either.

8) "Which TEFL course is better?" :)

9) just sayin' another pointfor no real reason "9" is a lucky nr and we all need that too :D

happy trails,

xobm

1) That's nearly the same weight you were commenting on earlier in the thread as to why I wouldn't have a valid idea of a Boxer's performance....

2) Perhaps the majority were not; but there were plenty of kids who saw a falang on a 'fancy' motorbike and had a go at me.

3) And is the burden of proof you laid on me the same you're applying to you and MBOX? I.E. did you ride the two bikes back to back? Or did you already have thousands of klicks on your Boxer when you apparently rode the CBR?

4) Planning on it...

5) Or you could stick to the Boxer. The rate the Boxer is ridden up A1 should allow me time to get far enough ahead that our time arriving in Umphang should be similar....

6) Ok.

7) Or I can just wait till I stay in LOS for longer than I have been and get a bigger bike after point 4 is squared away.

+1 to that- why have two little sport bikes (one of which you aren't that fond of anyway) when you could have a little sport bike you like and a nice enduro?

See above.

you're late- party is over... :D

go to bira if you want ot race, read the prior posts we talked about town traffic driving...not racing. If you go to bira it will be a waste of time/money as i am sure the cbr will win...i mentioned the positive aerodynamics and 6th gear for the cbr before...so please read it. Nor is the boxer a racing or sportsbike....it's an allrounder bike- also mentioned it before .

60km is maybe just enough if you do all kind of situations(hilly, town, flat...) for an knowledgable and skilled biker...the situations were certainly not given.

i never said there is anything wrong with a high rev engine...did anyone? Maybe dave want to say a word on this because some bikes just need to be kept on the right rpm's , if that is not done the output is simply not there. But i said the low rev engine delivers better power on low revs...no rocket science really,

So go with your other cbr 150 guys and do your racing ... but i wished to have my vfr750 Fj again and give you a good hiding :D

xobm

Someone who's ridden a CBR150 knows that they're about aerodynamic (least ways for a decent sized foreigner) as a brick turned on the corner. I.E., the fairing doesn't direct that much wind around you; so please stop using that excuse.

Really I'd just like those Boxer riders to answer the following to questions:

1) Is the Boxer quicker through traffic than a CBR? If there's any doubt there's always that nice tight track behind Seacon Square in Bang Na where a disinterested third person (I nominate Tony) could time himself around the track on both bikes and settle the question. This track works well for determining the answer due to how tight it is and would offer a good approximation of in-city road traffic.

2) Does the Boxer have a higher top end? I know that changing the rear sprocket is a popular mod so go ahead and include that in your opinion; just remember that will take off your 'get off the line' speed.

you really couldn't resist, could you?childish i would say...so here it goes:

your cbr 150 is fastest ever, best in doing curves than any other bike , gives much better performance than any bike known to man in uphill, downhill, caves ,mountains ,racetracks, makes a great lover , runs with no fuel, runs over buffaloes without damage ,won paris dakar 125 year back to back, makes you look like mr.universe on it, gets you real crazy chicks, chases away gangsters, makes the best family Van on earth, has storage facilities for 25 cases beer chang , can tow a 40" container filled with rice, and can also be used for skiing , surfing & diving and it can do the moonwalk like Michael Jackson.

Happy now?

you know what i am trying to say??? i am tired discussing it- i know i am right - you know you are right and we can give another 233789 posts on it without results- so i consider it as wasted time for me, maybe you have time for that i don't !...maybe you meetup with powerband and do a race together with him? Or do a chat in the sandbox about racing out honda waves???

party's over, fat-lady sang yesterday already .

xobm