Toddler/baby Play Groups & Nurseries Chiang Mai

jainspero

Are there any good play groups or half day nursery shcools in Chiang Mai? (not too expensive) We're moving to over for a while and I've had a look on the internet but they all see a bit full on and full time - my son's only two but i'd love him to play with other babies and get

the stimulation etc he gets at the local nursery he goes to in London.

Hope someone can help advise!

Are there any good play groups or half day nursery shcools in Chiang Mai? (not too expensive)

I would suggest perhaps moving this to the chiang mai forum. There have been various threads in the past on this topic there so try doing a forum search with key words like "chiang mai nursery kindergarten playgroup" and see what you turn up.

I believe there are very few playgroups - i don't think there is a great deal of demand for this type of service. Not so long ago a thaivisa member was trying to get a group together, but i don;t know if they succeeded or not. Some of the kindies have more of a play orientation than pre-scholl orientations, e.g. kiddy bear (for which there is a waiting list). Another alternative is "tumbletots" (google to find the tumbletots chiang mai web site)

hi thanks for replying!

Do you have any babies or know anyone that does who i can talk to when i arrive? (October)

Do you know if you have to have a resident visa to go to these. I would like to find one that's just casual (not like a strict school) so that sounds good)

Many thanks

jain

Do you have any babies or know anyone that does who i can talk to when i arrive? (October)

Do you know if you have to have a resident visa to go to these. I would like to find one that's just casual (not like a strict school) so that sounds good)

Many thanks

jain

Nope, passed that stage.

Suggest you search for those threads I mentioned and try to identify/contact the Chiang Mai TV member who was trying to organise a playgroup (and perhaps others who posted in that thread.

Also looks like EarlofWindermere would have some useful leads. I very much doubt a visa will be required/asked for.

- CB

Are there any good play groups or half day nursery shcools in Chiang Mai? (not too expensive) We're moving to over for a while and I've had a look on the internet but they all see a bit full on and full time - my son's only two but i'd love him to play with other babies and get

the stimulation etc he gets at the local nursery he goes to in London.

Hope someone can help advise!

Little Stars Bilingual Nursery & Preschool is great and they don't mind if you put your little one in for half days or only a few days/week.