Bangkok Bank Is Ridiculous!

I applied for internet banking last Friday and was told nothing about how long I should wait to get my activation code. This afternnon, after getting no such code, I called customer support and they said I have to wait a full 2 weeks! That's a silly amount of time to activate online banking, in my opinion. I got my K-Bank and Siam Commercial accounts up and running in a few hours after applying. Why can't Bangkok Bank do it too?

Then just out of curiosity I went to check out the log-in form and much to my surprise I found you MUST be using Internet Explorer 5.0 or better. That means no Firefox, Opera, Safari or any other (superior) browser! What kind of red-neck, two-bit, fly-by-night company is this?? BKK Bank can't freaking update a database in less than 2 weeks and can't design a secure site for anything but IE 5.0?!?!? Sadly for me, I'm a Mac user!

Honestly, I wouldn't be here complaining if I hadn't been recently forced to open an account to receive my salary. As it is now, if I want to pay my household bills, rent and truck loan online, I have to go to the busiest part of town during the busiest time of day (8:30 - 3:30, closed on Sat & Sun!) to withdraw MY money, drive to another part of town to a GOOD bank to deposit it. That's F'ing absurd! While I'm running around, I may as well drive to 5 or 6 places I have to go to pay bills any way.... Oh wait, because that's a waste of time and diesel!

RAWR!!!

PS - If they don't make me show five forms of ID, give DNA samples and go through a full colonoscopy, I will setup a monthly automatic transfer to my REAL bank account! It still burns me up that they'll take transfer fees and get their grubby little hands all over my king's portraits!

/rant

Why didn't you just open an internet banking account with K-Bank and/or Siam Commerical? Does Bangkok Bank internet banking offer something above-and-beyond K-Bank/Siam Commercial internet banking? I don't know; just wondering.

It took me approx 10 business days from application to receiving my PIN/password in the mail to active my Bangkok Bank internet banking (I'm using Bill Gates' current Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 with no problems to do the internet banking). Would have been nice if I could have got the PIN/password same day, but I couldn't...had to wait for the paperwork processing gods and mail system to do their thing). I've been very pleased with Bangkok Banking internet banking.

Yeap, many banking/financial things in Thailand just take longer (sometimes a LOT longer) to get done and there is no shortage of paperwork to go along with the initial setup stage. Go with the banking service that provides you the best service in your opinion.