End to 30 day 'abusers'

An apt name and another poverty struck troublemaker. It is a wonder that the likes of IT return here

You can lead a horse (kwai being Thailand) to water but you cannot make them drink. Giving some grandfatherly advice is the best we can do for em.

My word, Dr! Your ability enabling you to discern my financial status from one solitary, albeit rather strident, posting is truly remarkable. I certaintly don't wish to cause any trouble. Flagrant bandying about of misinformation causes enough trouble in itself. We are all entitled to our opinions and should not be too eager to enforce them as fact, don't you think? Anyway, sorry for the outburst, I shall be good forthwith.

Later.

When the time is up CMT the walker will be denied entry into Thailand on that 30 day basis. You simply don't listen do you ? I told you that walkers into Burma have had their passports copied, made to sign each page and told to get a " proper " visa. The photocopies of passport pages were sent ti Suan Plu. It isn't what you want to hear, so you ignore it. It won't go away. I invited you to go talk to the Colonel at CM Immigration, but no, he too might tell you what you don't want to know

I honestly want to know the facts. Its really that simple. If the 30 day stayers are simply being told to get a visa, then what's the problem? Why should anyone worry? They must just start making plans for a possible trip abroad to a consulate. So if this is the worst that anyone can expect, then why do you speak as if all 30 day 'non-compliants' are in serious trouble?

If the 30 day trekers or begging, robbing, or commiting other crimes , get rid of them . but if they are living a quite life and spending money they bring into the country, whats the problem. I can go to mexico without ever getting a visa are cross the border a doezen time a day. once when i cross the border severy time to access my atm as soon as the funds were available, I got strip searched. to be expected i guess

Recenly contacted Hull Consulate regarding requirements for a multi-non 'O' visa, got this reply:-

It is a requirement to provide a Letter of Guarantee for all Non-Immigrant Cat-O visas.

The guarantee can be provided by a relative or friend in the UK or in Thailand.

As is evident from the wording of the letter the purpose of the guarantee is to ensure

someone will meet any expenses you may incur in Thailand which you cannot afford to pay

for yourself. Assuming you pay all your expenses whilst in Thailand there is no risk

whatsoever to the guarantor.

You are not required to transfer any money into a Thai bank.

It is not necessary to have a pre-booked return air ticket for this type of visa.

I hope the above is helpful.

Kind regards

Alan Taylor

Hon Consul General for Thailand in Hull (UK)

A multi-non 'O' does not require the applicant to be over 50 years old nor married to a Thai citizen, the visa costs 90GBP and is valid for 12 months (you have to leave for a visa run every 90 days).

It appears that this visa is applicable to most visitors to Thailand who wish to stay for a long period and does not have any 'strings' attached, ie: no transfer of funds to Thai bank account.  It occurs to me that this visa could well be a cheaper way of staying in Thailand than the 30 day 'non' visa run (depending upon the visitors location) and as such, more logical.  ???

Prem....what is the wording of the guarantee ?  Can you get it ? I'll be flamed for a change, but I'd guess that a significant percentage of the walkers would find that sort of fee out of the economic question for their meagre eked out existence

Hehehe, Dr PP, hope you have an  asbestos suit.

The 'Ghosts' will be 'Hopping' mad.

i for one have to agree with sick boy i myself have lots of money and currently on a 30 day visa but is put into the bracket as if just got the bombay express some people might not be as well of as king patpong but dont tar everybody with the same brush  :o

Dear DR. Prat wrong i've been following this consistant slander about '30 day abusers' and i find it nessecery to intervine and lay out the facts  changmai thai, and sick boy are right its not abuse or agaisnt the law to do visa runs and to live here on the thirty dayer, how do i know? i've been to the immigration and asked and showed them my nearly full 42 page book, asked if there was a problem and they said no problem, up to you, but mabey change next july.This is not abuse its playing by their rules, as long as you dont work you can stay on holiday as long as you want!! P.S you seem to worry about others financial situations well i'm minted i.e rich!

hear hear

yes i welcome the comments made by gfunk well done i have also been watching the forum without joining in and to put it frank the comments made by (king patpong) is idiotic and damm right abusive. u should be doing your research and helping people not making silly comments on peoples personal financial situation .

ps sort it out mate

by the way im minted too  :cool:

So Doctor, do you plan on offering any sort of credible response? The facts and experiences are laid out before you. Unless there will be CONSEQUENCES for those who have stayed on 30 day visas or who plan on continuing to do so, then the subject is hardly worth discussing. Okay, so one day they might be told to go get a visa. So what? You talk as if they will be deported and when pressed on the point, you simply do not respond and instead insult us with your attitude which seems to be based first and foremost on the assumption that you are simply superior to everyone else.

I'm surprised you found the time away from Farang Girls forum

to issue that last unjustified warning Dr. What, pray, was that for? A tinsy bit of constructive critisism. I thought this was a forum, not North Korea. Express your opinions people, as long as they align wiv da management's. I think it's time for regime change.

Time for another border run.

Later

So Doctor, do you plan on offering any sort of credible response? The facts and experiences are laid out before you. Unless there will be CONSEQUENCES for those who have stayed on 30 day visas or who plan on continuing to do so, then the subject is hardly worth discussing.

ChiangMai Thai, you sound like a spoilt child. Time and time again I open your posts and I find yet another whinge, moan, bleat or grizzle.

If you enjoy your life in the wilds of Chiang Mai so much, why don't you get out there and live it, and tear yourself away from this forum?

Am i missing the point here about 30 day visas?  My understanding (from reading the Thai immigration definitions of such visas), is that this is a 30 day tourist visa.  It is granted to people who are visiting Thailand for reasons of tourism.  So that's not to live here, not to visit girlfriends, not to investigate or do business.  It's tourism.

If you 'live' in Thailand and do visa runs every 30 days then that would seem to be a clear abuse of this visa definition.  It's not relevant if the border guard tells you its ok! His opinion does not count if immigration decide to enforce the strict definition of this visa.

So Doctor, do you plan on offering any sort of credible response? The facts and experiences are laid out before you. Unless there will be CONSEQUENCES for those who have stayed on 30 day visas or who plan on continuing to do so, then the subject is hardly worth discussing.

ChiangMai Thai, you sound like a spoilt child. Time and time again I open your posts and I find yet another whinge, moan, bleat or grizzle.

If you enjoy your life in the wilds of Chiang Mai so much, why don't you get out there and live it, and tear yourself away from this forum?

A spoiled child? Hmm... Hardly, but that's not really a discussion to be had with a stranger on a chat board. I honestly only want to know the facts. I think what maybe bothers people is that I hold them to what they say. You and others speak with authority and then when asked for clairification, simply don't acknowledge. Case and point- You tell us that the 30 day stays have been possible due to a lax system and that now it is time to move on. Okay, you seem very knowledgable. Please do share with us just exactly what will happen to those who continue the 30 day stays. Answer the question or else don't pretend as if you know.

Simon43, who says you're not a tourist if you're on a 30 day tourist visa just because it's for long-term?  What, is a long vacation illegal now?  There are many many people in the US, Canada and Europe that are set up in businesses and are able to "vacation" every day of the year.  There's is NOTHING wrong, illegal or immoral about "vacationing" in Thailand for extended periods.

What is your definition of tourism?  Does it mean you have to be on a tour bus being dragged through the country visiting celadon factory after celadon factory?  Of course not.  Maybe ChiangMaiThai enjoys Thailand so much he's willing to spend all of his "vacation" time with his girlfriend enjoying the city.  

These people on this board who have it out for the "30-dayers" need to relax a bit, there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

I cannot give any more details as to why they said mabey july, probably because they dont really know for sure the debate here is wheater 30 visa's are illigal and if your gonna get in trouble for it, and not to put to finer point on it the answer is NO! no one is saying that this type of visa wont one day be ruled out. lets face it one day anything could happen. 30 dayers dont panic, i as many of you have been here years, and their always gonna do this or that and the only maor cahanges in the last five years are that bkk shuts at 2 and they've closed down visa agents.

I think this discussion is getting extremely boring.

Fact is, at this moment you can go in and out of Thailand and get a visa-exempted stay of not exceeding 30 days (Provided

you hold one of the pass-ports from 39 countries)

Some are shouting this is LEGAL. Fine with me, you have a right to your opinion.

My own I posted herre before, it is not illegal, but abuse of the rules, or if you wish using a loophole. Anything against this?

The signs for change are there, we read reports of pages being photocopied, we had reports of people who actually saw signs posted, "only 2 times", we have the latest "mabey change next july."

If the rules are changed, I would regret it, as it would influence more people than just the few in this forum insisting on their RIGHT. I am convinced, the IMHO is aware of the situation, their IQ being properly higher than the contents of many postings in this threat.

To use this threat just attacking Dr. P_P and shooting at him is childish. You have a point to discuss with him, do it, but don't bother all other members who have to read this garbage.

Frankly speaking, if I would be him, I would reply in a voice that he would be banned himself. Bzn me if you wish, or close this threat now, it is BORING.