Free Domain And Web Hosting

stats

Dear all,

Its been a week that i try using the Netfirms free domain and hosting service...these all includs 25 mb space 1gb transfer....Well its a cools site...

Just wanna know if anyone knows any other free domain and hosting service anywhere any site???

just wanna try the service before i get their premium pakage....

thank you.....

Yes, GGG, that is a great link :o :

'Signups are currently closed.

Sorry for the inconveniece, please check back soon.'

BTW madsere 'How many are we living here in LOS ?'

I run a language school also. Interested?

Edited by sniffdog

Yes, GGG, that is a great link  :o :

'Signups are currently closed.

Sorry for the inconveniece, please check back soon.'

So you were too slow!! :D

Obviously very popular... do as they say - check back soon!!

They are hosting one of my sites without a problem in the world so they are still operating.

Edited by triplegee

Yeah we need to test the ground and waters before going for it....As a newbie i surely do wants to the the free site first before paying for the real thing e.g (Hosting provider) i came across another 1 might all of you are interested in it ... check out this one its a free 1 year hosting but you will have to get a domain name your self....

www.bravenet.com

What madsere said is correct. Nobody runs expensive servers to give away hosting and domains out of the kindness of their heart. Do you OWN the domain, or just have use of it? Who owns the copyright to your site? How much advertising do you have to display?

$5 a month is worth the freedom to do whatever you want with the webspace you rent, and a name you own, and other than reasonable terms of service guidelines, you host has no say, nor claim on your content.

Just ask yourself why its free? :o

cv

I have used Doteasy for years... Free site.. No banners.. Domain use etc..

No complaints.. In fact better than many 'cheap' ISP I have used over the years but not MySQL for free..

I saw an offer by 1and1 internet to get thier professional package free for 3 years.. Simply superb ISP with everything I could ask for.. I signed up via 3 email accounts and have 3 'free' sites for 36 months.. Can host multiple sites for each account (I have 3 low volume sites and URL's set into one account no problem splitting the web space and using multiple URLs)..

Lots of 'free' services and promotions if you look around.. Works for me..

So I filled in an american address...

I have never had any email or MySQL downtime that I have detected... During the Tsunami period I was serving 30GB per day with 2 million uniques that month out of this 'shared hosting' server and the site never choked.. was impressed when many other forums on expensive servers failed..

30GB per day ... for how many days? At least 5 or 6? That's already 180Gigs ...

I am sure they will never allow that on these accounts. Sounds too fantastic to me!

I guess you wouldn't mind giving us the URL of your site? I like to see that ... Especially their highest (paid) account has only an allotment of 100Gigs per month.

Edited by sniffdog

I just switched hosting providers. I used FindMyHosting.com to locate a provider for my needs and ended up going with WebHostingBuzz.com. I get 1Gb of space w/25Gb transfer for $3 per month. Well rated and good uptime statistics at a spec and price that met my needs. FindMyHosting.com has lots of user reviews and comments as well. There's a lot out there that can meet your needs for < $5 per month.

LivingLOS

1and 1 require your american phone number. They have an automated computersystem which will call you on this number before the account gets activated....

Needless to say this is hard to do unless you happen to have vonage...

30GB per day ... for how many days? At least 5 or 6? That's already 180Gigs ...

I am sure they will never allow that on these accounts. Sounds too fantastic to me!

I guess you wouldn't mind giving us the URL of your site? I like to see that ... Especially their highest (paid) account has only an allotment of 100Gigs per month.

The site is www.soieasy.com I had some galleries there of the Tsunami.. The site was shifting 30Gb per day and calmed down over a month to 10 - 15gb per day.. I had to pay .99c per GB after my allowance which I was happy to do for one month (the galleries have since been pulled as I was not into financing 300 - 400 each month for picture galleries (I didnt even bother with google adwords or anything which I should have done really)..

The site was done for a couple of mates in Phuket who manage SoiEasy and dragon disco.. They never wished to promote the site (after wanting it !!) and so it is a 'dead' site in my opinion.. Only a day or so's php work and a 'free' server.. I considered getting each of the bar owners to have thier own picture galleries (and provide them email services.. Bar girl dating / picture profiles / etc) and make a community around it but really I am not interested in working for 'Thai' money.. Kind of interesting to play around with new PHP modules though..

1and 1 require your american phone number. They have an automated computersystem which will call you on this number before the account gets activated....

Needless to say this is hard to do unless you happen to have vonage...

Think outside the box.. Sign up to efax or J2... Get free voicemail number in the USA.. Use voicemail to collect 1and1's pin number.. Voila..

Of course thats if you dont have even a single US contact or friend who would pass you on the pin details..

Anyway 1and1 is only one of the providers I use but thier offering / support / packaged services / etc are very compelling.. I would probably keep at least one 1and1 account after the free 3 years are up (what they are counting on I guess)..

So it was not quite free and, considering bandwidth comes at US$0.10 or less for providers, you've probably paid 1and1 enough to support your 'free sites' for three years. Maybe 'God' punished you for signing up for more than you were allowed to :o

And, yes, I remember soieasy.com I reviewed it ands even joked about it on BTF ('Well. at least Soi Easy gets a little traffic').

Edited by sniffdog