Anyone Thinking Of Leaving Thailand If Thaksin Comes Back To Power?

drronnie

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not leaving.

At least not for the next 10-15 years.

He is coming back, Im 100% sure of that.

And he will also become PM again.

All one need to do is to change the rules (laws) a bit. And that is easy.

Only real impact his administration had on me was the early closing on bars, etc.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"This says what is typical of a Communist country. "All land belongs to the people and is managed by the State on behalf of the people. People receive land-use rights – not land ownership."

*So effectively the same as Thailand. Can't own the land, can own the house. "

Foreigners who are residents in Vietnam can own dwelling houses but cannot sub-lease these dwellings. Foreign residents can also sell, donate, inherit, or give dwelling houses as gifts. But where they terminate their residence in Vietnam without disposal of their dwelling, 90 days after their departure from Vietnam their dwelling house certificates will automatically cease to be valid, and the Vietnamese State will manage and use their houses.

Get your facts right.new legislation was passed in August!!!!!!!!

I don't see what facts I'm missing, and I'm only going by the link you posted. The link you posted says no one can own the land, they just get a leasehold. You've posted text above which says someone can own a house and sell it.

In regards to foreigners, that website even says:

"They can own a house but not the land on which it is built."

Other than some technicalities, that's basically the same as Thailand. In fact it appears to be a bit worse since they just take the house over if someone leaves.

If he returned to power I doubt if it would affect more than 10% of the population in any significant way.

Less. There are many who may have emotive feelings about him but they wont be affected in any other way. His business opponets etc will be negatively affected and his business mates positively. Ditto politcal mates/opponents.

The populist stuff is the same with every party now so that wont change.

Whoever runs Thailand for the next 5 years wont have any money to spend too and borrowing will be too high.

Guess he may have a few more people offed without trial to divert attention from bad economy if gets back to power.

OMG, fair elections where I come from mean elections that are not influenced by paying bribes for votes.

Of course the Democrats would never do anything as unseemly as buying votes would they? :)

No, of course they wouldn't. :D I actually wonder if there is a political party in Thailand that wouldn't vote buy?

We will rejoice upon our Prime Ministers return and the fall of the imposters. Since he was falsely charged by fake judges, no pardon is actually even needed. Even though it shouldn't have to happen, at the very least another landslide vote, by us, the people, should be had.

It's not a matter of if, but when, our country will regain it's forward progress again, upon Thaksins return.

We will rejoice upon our Prime Ministers return and the fall of the imposters. Since he was falsely charged by fake judges, no pardon is actually even needed. Even though it shouldn't have to happen, at the very least another landslide vote, by us, the people, should be had.

It's not a matter of if, but when, our country will regain it's forward progress again, upon Thaksins return.

:)

78% of our votes say we'd stay. Here's to the new boss, same as the old boss.

I suspect this result says more about farangs in general, and TV-posters in particular, than it does about who's the current boss. :D

So, what does it say?

:)

In the end, whoever comes into power in the near future will be pretty much the samr. There is a long way to go before the mindset of certain groups will change. If Toxin comes back, I'm not sure -it will be interesting to see how he would behave and if Brits would get any "special treatment", considering his visa denial. I'm pretty happy here though, and would only leave if there was a significant change in things here for the worse.

In the end, whoever comes into power in the near future will be pretty much the samr. There is a long way to go before the mindset of certain groups will change. If Toxin comes back, I'm not sure -it will be interesting to see how he would behave and if Brits would get any "special treatment", considering his visa denial. I'm pretty happy here though, and would only leave if there was a significant change in things here for the worse.

At least you allowed him to own more than 49% of Man City.

:):D

At least you allowed him to own more than 49% of Man City.

:):D

Well, it wasn't me that allowed it, it was the moronic authorities. Luckily they came to their senses and booted him. I very much doubt he would pass any further fit and proper tests in the UK.

Anyone thinking of leaving Thailand if Thaksin comes back to power? I am planning to give back my Thai ID and return to Germany should Thaksin ever comes back to power in Thailand.

Thought never even crossed my mind. Doubt it will happen, but that's up to the Thais, if so enjoy Germany.

Anyone thinking of leaving Thailand if Thaksin comes back to power? I am planning to give back my Thai ID and return to Germany should Thaksin ever comes back to power in Thailand.

don't be such a cry baby.

as long as fair elections are held .... without military, political, vote buyingand particularly 'elite' meddling (this was the fate of previous and current governments), then the results should be respected no matter who comes to power.

if thaksin or one of his family members comes to power than part of democracy is respecting the outcome. if you can't do that, well ..... bye bye :)

Had to add something.....

Thaksin let 3000 people killed in in his war against drugs, no way any decent person would respect a mass murder as premier.

No matter how you cut it Vietnam is still a communist country. Malaysia is muslim. I had first hand knowledge a few years back where this person I knew hd a very profitable buisness in Vietnam and he was told on arrival that he could no longer enter and his buisness was in the hands of a party member. He moved to Thailand and duplicated his buisness here. As for Malaysia and it's bramaputra laws that favor Malays...no way. Under Thaksin there was a huge move to favor foreign buisness or at least allow it. If you had all your doucuments in order getting a visa was easy. Getting a work permit was easy and paying your monthly taxes was streamlined...People talk about how corrupt he was . What about now? When was Thailand not corrupt? The Govt running the country now is based on a million party coalition and it doesnt seem like they are getting anything done.

No matter how you cut it Vietnam is still a communist country. Malaysia is muslim. I had first hand knowledge a few years back where this person I knew hd a very profitable buisness in Vietnam and he was told on arrival that he could no longer enter and his buisness was in the hands of a party member. He moved to Thailand and duplicated his buisness here. As for Malaysia and it's bramaputra laws that favor Malays...no way. Under Thaksin there was a huge move to favor foreign buisness or at least allow it. If you had all your doucuments in order getting a visa was easy. Getting a work permit was easy and paying your monthly taxes was streamlined...People talk about how corrupt he was . What about now? When was Thailand not corrupt? The Govt running the country now is based on a million party coalition and it doesnt seem like they are getting anything done.

Finally some COMMON SENSE. Right on dude! :)

You tin table tub thumpers have very short memories and attention span deficits

have you forgotten mr T's well documented hatred of westerners living in his fiefdom. Flang know too much - no good

You can be certain when he returns and he will when a certain event takes its inevitable course ykw, he will have a white hot fury against how he was treated in uk and other western countries. he had already started the purge by stiring up immigration to make our live difficult, that will gain momentum to the extent that only wealthy golf players will be allowed in - remeber the Elite card?

You ordinary proles wont have the income to be able to stay here long time - the writing is on the wall - and dont forget tourism is only 6% of gdp, who cares if it disappears down the tube. the high end hotels will still carry on but the rest of the scheiser will get flushed away.

Sorry for you bar owners :):D :D :D :D

I find this NON-SENSE, if you wanna leave Thailand if he comes back then go on, if you do not beleive in Democracy then I won't care. I don't mind anyone coming into Power as long as they are elected by the PEOPLE, that is why I am not in the country while our country is controlled by Democrat, I might return when they are elected by 65,000,000 people of Thailand, not 480 people of Thailand.

Also I'm afraid that more than 77% of the people agree to not leave the country.

I find Thaksin good really, if you think he is a corrupted man then I don't understand why none of us have debt from the Government while he was in power but we do from the Democrat Government (including Chuan's one as well). I am getting the British Passport ASAP because I do not wish to pay the 100,000 baht debt that I have when it is not my fault. I can tell you that every countries corrupt including Great Britain if you look carefully, you think the security cost of the London Olympics will cost like £838m?

The Olympics will cost £9.3bn while building just a few venues, I have done research about it and the big venues that will be made will be London Olympic Stadium which will cost £469m, Aquatics Centre which will cost £303m and Hockey Centre which will cost £19m, the rest of the venues shouldn't cost more than £300-400m altogether.

And you should know that people still are going Great Britain including myself as it has no huge impact on anyone. It might be my money and other people's money but as long as the rest of the people aren't saying it, I ain't going to protest.

This should tell you that more people do not return to Thailand after Thaksin is out, I will give you the fugure from 2006. This is just Suvannabhumi Airport though but more than 90% of the foreigners are from this airport.

2006-42.8 million passengers

2007-41.2 million passengers

2008-38.6 million passengers

2009 (half of the year)-16.1 million passengers, times by 2 then you will get just 32.2 million passengers

So you should see that after Thaksin is out, it is not helping the country getting in more people.

This is from 2000-2005 (Thaksin was in power from 2001 to 2005)

2000-29.6 million passengers

2001-30.6 million passengers

2002-32.2 million passengers

2003-30.2 million passengers

2004-38 million passengers

2005-39 million passengers

I rounded up and down for all of it, when Thaksin was in power, we have together more than 8 million more passengers while when he was out of power, we lose more than 10 million passengers. Your choice, want him back to possibly gain more or get him out and lose more. I hope this will help you see CLEARLY.

From my calculation, from 2001-2005, we gained 8,361,677 more passengers and from 2006-now (x2 for 2009), we lost 10,575,514 passengers. So I don't think it's good bussiness after he is out. These figures are not from Red Shirt as I do not see any Red Shirt Websites or Anti-Government websites talk about the figure of the loss of passengers in Thailand.

NOTE:When Thaksin was in power, we used Bangkok International Airport which is a lot worse and smaller and that is why we have more passengers in Suvannabhumi Airport than Bangkok International Airport

ok people! If you wanna know the truth why you guys think that Thaksin is BOOTED out of England then I would say NO he can go into England anytime. I know a lot of people inside the politics, the reason why Great Britain did that was so that the Thai Custom will not know where Thaksin is because he was using the Thai passport while trying to gain those Nicaraguay, Montenegro, UAE and other countries' passports. After he received those passports, he use those passports to get in England now. It isn't hard now for Thaksin to travel because Thai Custom will never know where he is as he is not using the Thai Passport, that news is very good as the Anti-Thaksin will never think Thaksin will ever go to England. This is just one of those secrets (not TOP Secrets as most of the smart people already know) that I know, I know a number of more facts that many of you do not know.

Edited by Domanter

I find this NON-SENSE, if you wanna leave Thailand if he comes back then go on, if you do not beleive in Democracy then I won't care. I don't mind anyone coming into Power as long as they are elected by the PEOPLE, that is why I am not in the country while our country is controlled by Democrat, I might return when they are elected by 65,000,000 people of Thailand, not 480 people of Thailand.

Also I'm afraid that more than 77% of the people agree to not leave the country.

I find Thaksin good really, if you think he is a corrupted man then I don't understand why none of us have debt from the Government while he was in power but we do from the Democrat Government (including Chuan's one as well). I am getting the British Passport ASAP because I do not wish to pay the 100,000 baht debt that I have when it is not my fault. I can tell you that every countries corrupt including Great Britain if you look carefully, you think the security cost of the London Olympics will cost like £838m?

The Olympics will cost £9.3bn while building just a few venues, I have done research about it and the big venues that will be made will be London Olympic Stadium which will cost £469m, Aquatics Centre which will cost £303m and Hockey Centre which will cost £19m, the rest of the venues shouldn't cost more than £300-400m altogether.

And you should know that people still are going Great Britain including myself as it has no huge impact on anyone. It might be my money and other people's money but as long as the rest of the people aren't saying it, I ain't going to protest.

This should tell you that more people do not return to Thailand after Thaksin is out, I will give you the fugure from 2006. This is just Suvannabhumi Airport though but more than 90% of the foreigners are from this airport.

2009 (half of the year)-16.1 million passengers, times by 2 then you will get just 32.2 million passengers

So you should see that after Thaksin is out, it is not helping the country getting in more people.

I rounded up and down for all of it, when Thaksin was in power, we have together more than 8 million more passengers while when he was out of power, we lose more than 10 million passengers. Your choice, want him back to possibly gain more or get him out and lose more. I hope this will help you see CLEARLY.

From my calculation, from 2001-2005, we gained 8,361,677 more passengers and from 2006-now (x2 for 2009), we lost 10,575,514 passengers. So I don't think it's good bussiness after he is out. These figures are not from Red Shirt as I do not see any Red Shirt Websites or Anti-Government websites talk about the figure of the loss of passengers in Thailand.

NOTE:When Thaksin was in power, we used Bangkok International Airport which is a lot worse and smaller and that is why we have more passengers in Suvannabhumi Airport than Bangkok International Airport

Question,Do you believe Thaskin is guilty of corruption?

Question,Do you believe Thaskin is guilty of corruption?

No, I do not. I doubt that he did corrupt but I DO beleive that someone in the TRT did corrupt. There must be a corrupted guy in every governments of Thailand and almost or all of other countries. Thaksin has got enough cash to live the whole life not working and buying bussinesses etc. so I don't think he came into Politics for money.

don't be such a cry baby.

as long as fair elections are held .... without military, political, and particularly 'elite' meddling (this was the fate of previous and current governments), then the results should be respected no matter who comes to power.

if thaksin or one of his family members comes to power than part of democracy is respecting the outcome. if you can't do that, well ..... bye bye :)

"as long as fair elections are held .... without military, political, and particularly 'elite' meddling (this was the fate of previous and current governments), then the results should be respected no matter who comes to power."

"as long as fair elections are held" Wow you never fail to amaze me. You talk in fantasies. And of course toxin and his clan never meddled in the election process. In fact if he and his leeches and thugs didn'r get into such massive vote buying then we probably wouldn't have the awful situation we face now.

If he does somehow come back and get back into power, I foresee two things:

- Dangerous times, the return of a despot who will simply use his money to buy power, to intimidate, to control elections, and to get revenge. Leopards don't change their spots. Anybody who tries to stand up to him will be punished.

- Ultimately a huge and ugly uprising when the currently lazy middle class Thais and quite possibly large numbers of farmers who will realize that in the longer-term picture they have been duped and have gone backwards and are in even more debt, realize that there are being controlled and manipulated and they strike back. Remember the French revolution? Not exactly the same circumstances but the reaction could be the same.

Yes it does worry me personally and I'm also researching where I could take my Thai family, and we have talked about Vietnam.