Rs232 To Ttl/cmos Converter

stumonster

I have a 500g seagate that has had its firmware venture up its own date

Root Cause

This condition was introduced by a firmware issue that sets the drive event log to an invalid location causing the drive to become inaccessible

the way to sort it out without sending it back to seagate and losing the data on it is

http://www.msfn.org/board/solution-seagate...ds-t128807.html

so to issue it an ultimation I need to buy / make a serial to TTL converter

any ideas where I can purchase the unit - mail order it in Thailand ?

http://alldav.com/index.php?main_page=prod...;products_id=11

This is a level shifter for connecting the serial port of a computer to a TTL micro controller or any other TTL UART device. The pin spacing is standard 0.100" and will accept a four pin header so that it can be plugged directly into a breadboard. The pinout is labeled on the board and is Vcc, TX, RX, and GnD.

RS232toTTL_LRG.JPG

Edited by stumonster

if you live in koh samui, i have such adapter i made myself with components bought when i was in belgium.

you can buy already made adapters on ebay btw.

for those reading this thread, i'm sometime in need to buy electronic components, and if some of you know some online thailand resellers, please post links.

thanks.

All though I could not find the item you are looking for this supplier has a Bangkok office and delivers all over Thailand for a nominal price.

Prices are not the cheapest but all their items are good quality and the range is hard to beat.

I also often use pictures and descriptions from their web page when I am shopping locally to try and find an equivalent

Edited by thaimite

thanks for the RS link - but I 'll pass on a USB to TTL priced at 1300 baht :)

they are 5 USD , so I would be happy to pay up to 10 USD here.

I know there are component places at Zeer and Klong Tom , but I would rather know exactly where and price before I set off :D