Multiquote Feature

jerry921

A while back I got an email announcing a new multiquote feature, it had something to do with the +quote buttons, but I couldn't make it work at the time. Today I went looking for the instructions and couldn't find them. I've looked in this forum, on Announcements and in Help at the top. I also searched on multiquote.

What I want to do is read through a long thread that I haven't read before, and pick out several posts that I want to reply to, and when I get to the bottom start a new post that has each of them quoted individually one after another so I can reread them and add comments in between. If that wasn't the point of the feature, then I misunderstood the original email.

TIA!

...What I want to do is read through a long thread that I haven't read before, and pick out several posts that I want to reply to, and when I get to the bottom start a new post that has each of them quoted individually one after another so I can reread them and add comments in between. ...

That's exactly right. Just click on the "+Quote" button at the bottom of each post that you want to quote. The button will turn red and will change to "-Quote" (indicating that if you click on it again, the post will not be quoted).

Then, after selecting all the posts you want to quote, click on the "AddReply" button at the top or bottom of the page.

That's what I understood before, but I couldn't make it work. So I tried again, in this very post, clicking on both +quote buttons for my question and your answer, then add reply, and I got an empty post window, in which I typed this text.

It must be due to me using firefox, or perhaps script blocking or something. The only thing my firewall says its blocking is ads... (sorry sponsors).

Anybody get this to work under firefox?

OK - it was JavaScript. This is my setting:

java6go.jpg

If this isn't the problem, does the Quote button change colour when you click it?

And make sure your Adblocker doesn't block items 3 and 5 on this list:

ads5um.jpg

Edited by RDN