Private Message

pm1803

Moved to forum support.

As to your question, if you recieve a PM it will normaly show up as a pop-up and near the top of the screen you can see that you have a new message.

I'm not sure, but if you click on the pop-up it might not show that you have a new message on the top line, as you already know you have a new message.

But maybe someone will come along that realy knows what he/she is talking about, unlike me :)

hi all, i seem to have received a private message which didn't appear in the posts, not complaining, just confused, can anyone ex[lain how this works, cheers

It means that another user on these forums has sent you a private message, which only you can read. This is like an e-mail message, but sent between forum members.

Just click on the link in the upper-right of your browser window that says 1 New Message.

Mine currently says I have -1 new messages. First time it's shown that instead of just new message. Any idea what that might mean?

:)

Try clicking on it and finding out.

Jeez, did you turn on the computer all by yourself this morning?

Yawn. Yeah, there aren't any new messages. Anyone else?

Could it be, that you saw the message pop up, it had little wording so you could read it without having to click on it.

Next time on line, it still shows as unread and states 1 new message.

My icon shows 2 unread messages, but I know what they are, so I just leave them until I can be bothered to delete them.

From memory, they have always stated the number of messages, not just new message.

Well, yes, my IM's always have popped up like everyone else's (I assume). I read them and that's that (no more new message notice). Just curious why it would say -1 new message. It's always been X number of new messages or no new messages.

Maybe you owe it a message... :D

Seriously, sounds like a glitch or a random byte in the database gone bad. Maybe the Admins will be able to reset it.

Well as soon as they finish picking the pebbles out of each and every tire in my garage, this -1 message thing will be the only thing out of sync in my somewhat OCD universe.

Well, yes, my IM's always have popped up like everyone else's (I assume). I read them and that's that (no more new message notice). Just curious why it would say -1 new message. It's always been X number of new messages or no new messages.

:D

I noticed that when a message pops-up and I want to read it later, I delete the pop-up. the"1 new message will stay there uuntill I read it. Even in the case that I read it and than delete, it still says: "1 new message".

If I click there and return to normal day life.... :D it disappears.

What a world :)

LaoPo