What Is The Best Router Brand/model To Use With 8mbps Adsl

sillyfools

I have a zyxel Prestige 660HW-T1 sitting here as well as the new zyxel Wifi v1.

Both give me lots of problems when Bittorrents are active because of the threshold settings / available connections the zyxel can handle.

Which router (brand/model) are you using with the 8Mbps true connection that is reliable? I am willing to buy a new broadband router to make sure my connections stay reliable as I often can't even open regular web pages when BT is on.

isn't that more a limitation of your operating system than the routeur?

xp has alimit of simultanous TCP connections.

Possibly as well.

But it is a fact that most cheap routers can only handle a limited amount of connections simultaniously, due to a slow/cheap CPU handling the NAT, along with limited memory to handle the NAT tables.

I think the newer linksys modem/routers are a good bet, the older wap54 was already pretty good at handling heavy traffic...

I've had downloads up to 7 Mbps and that is great but the concurrent connections that the router is only able to handle bothers me as I don't seem to be able to just browse sites anymore.

Only that one port is open, the rest is firewalled and it's set up to resist hacking and other attempts. It also does not respond to pings except for on the Lan.

I have a zyxel Prestige 660HW-T1 sitting here as well as the new zyxel Wifi v1.

Both give me lots of problems when Bittorrents are active because of the threshold settings / available connections the zyxel can handle.

Which router (brand/model) are you using with the 8Mbps true connection that is reliable? I am willing to buy a new broadband router to make sure my connections stay reliable as I often can't even open regular web pages when BT is on.

I've tried most routers, and had problems with most of them. Except NETGEAR. Brilliant! Believe me, don't buy that Linksys crap. From my experience, that's even worse than the one you have now. I had my NETGEAR for a couple of years now, and Internet is just stable. No problems with torrents or whatsoever.

Believe me, don't buy that Linksys crap. From my experience, that's even worse than the one you have now.

ok - as we are posting about experience

I have set up 20+ Linksys WRT54Gls with various aftermarket firmware mods and them doing various jobs and they all have been solid as a rock.