Thaksin Asked To Leave Dubai, Now In Montenegro

vail07

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has left the United Arab Emirates at the request of the UAE government and flown to Montenegro, Thepthai Senpong, spokesman for Democrat Party leader, said on Wednesday afternoon.

Continued here: Bangkok post

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-08-26

The Bangkok Post has updated their article headline to read:

Thaksin 'booted out of UAE'

That certainly would be more in keeping with their agenda.

I'm surprised they didn't throw a "fugitive' or two in there as well.

Keeping in mind - 'fugitive' for those who think his conviction resulted from a judicial process free of political influence.

'Victim' to the pro-democracy movement, who go so far as to state it resulted from a "judicial coup".

I keep wondering how much economic interests are at play here. Those engaged in a paranoid pursuit of Thaksin (to save their own political skin), would certainly not be above using international trade as a weapon.

In fact, the pro-democracy movement is convinced it was these economic interests between Thailand and the UK, that resulted in the cancellation of Mr. Thaksin's UK Visa. The pro-democracy majority in Thailand is so convinced of this, I am told that there is still a low level boycott of the UK based TL by them.

The recent Libyan/UK spat that included similar issues reminded me of the power of international trade relations.

Edited by Maiya

The Bangkok Post has updated their article headline to read:

Thaksin 'booted out of UAE'

That certainly would be more in keeping with their agenda.

I'm surprised they didn't throw a "fugitive' or two in there as well.

Keeping in mind - 'fugitive' for those who think his conviction resulted from a judicial process free of political influence.

'Victim' to the pro-democracy movement, who go so far as to state it resulted from a "judicial coup".

I keep wondering how much economic interests are at play here. Those engaged in a paranoid pursuit of Thaksin (to save their own political skin), would certainly not be above using international trade as a weapon.

In fact, the pro-democracy movement is convinced it was these economic interests between Thailand and the UK, that resulted in the cancellation of Mr. Thaksin's UK Visa. The pro-democracy majority in Thailand is so convinced of this, I am told that there is still a low level boycott of the UK based TL by them.

The recent Libyan/UK spat that included similar issues reminded me of the power of international trade relations.

Employee of the Fugitives Public Relations Department?

The Judges who got him "off the hook" in his "Assets-Declaration-Case"

have been honest Judges then?

How about the Judiciary letting his wife off "the hook"..only "biased" against him

or has she simply better Connections?

How about his Order for the "War on Drugs" then and the out of the judiciary

killing of thousands - legitimate or just "a bit biased"? :)