Secondhand Twist And Go Automatic Motorbike...

Me and the boyf have recently moved into the middle of nowhere near Nathon and are in desperate need of a motorbike in order to get around. Does anyone know where I can buy a second hand automatic like a Mio from on Samui? Our budget is about 15,000baht. We have been looking for about 2 weeks and are struggling to find anywhere to buy them. Hope you can help!

Me and the boyf have recently moved into the middle of nowhere near Nathon and are in desperate need of a motorbike in order to get around. Does anyone know where I can buy a second hand automatic like a Mio from on Samui? Our budget is about 15,000baht. We have been looking for about 2 weeks and are struggling to find anywhere to buy them. Hope you can help!

The problem, sweetie, is that every man & his dog on Samui buys up cheap scooters to rent out to tourists to supplement their currently low, low tourist volume incomes so... There's an old one for sale on the samui classifieds atm for 10k baht, apart from that I hope that someone can help you

Much more choice, better condition and cheaper on the mainland.

Take the night boat to arrive early in Bandon, shop around and come back in the afternoon, via Donsak ferry, with a bike.

As far as I remember, there was as well a second cars & bikes market (private sales) at Surat Big C parking lot, on Sundays; but not quite sure if still exists.

Looks like op is a little lost. So she will be even more in Surat Thani, where nobody speaks English. How about the registration of the motorbike? If matters arise, the old owner will be far away too. ...

Anyway, buying a bike on Samui should not be so difficult. There are tenthousands. Ask at the big bike shop before the German restaurant Baden, like Boo said.

Edited by Birdman

I don't believe you will be able to buy an automatic mio, or similar, for 15000 baht on Samui which is safe. The thai 'mechanics' here are an embarrassment to the profession. I've even recommended a friend take his mio to yamaha for a service and it came back a deathtrap. You really need to spend more or rent from someone who maintains it (although I've yet to see a thai rental shop that actually cares for their bikes. Sorry, but that's life

There's a bike rental shop on the Chaweng to Choengmon road on the corner just after the Kandaburi Resort. My friend bought a twist & go Nouvo from there for 12k, they were selling a few there last year, I have it now, it's fine. There are still some outside the shop, ask them.

Thank you for all your replies. I will check out the places people have mentioned on Samui and also the ones from the PM's I have got. It's not so much that I am lost on Samui, I know Lamai quite well but not really anywhere else at the moment; and with no transport we are relying on one of our friends to help us find a bike on his days off. I think I would definitely be lost on the mainland though it is always an option if I cannot find anything here. Thanks again :)