Anyone Using Nokia E71?

ajarnmark

This phone is incredibly good.

You have countless opportunities while using this phone. Some of them are:

1. Fring (using multiple logins in various messengers, such as Yahoo!, MSN etc)

2. Google Maps (free GPS application, very accurate too)

3. WiFi

4. Bluetooth

5. Full QWERTY keyboard

6. Superb battery life

7. Highly customizable

etc. etc.

I bought it in Thailand for 13,000 baht in May 2009.

Anyone has any other thing to add in this thread?

Been using it for a while now, good phone. Solid construction and can sync my emails with company MS mail servers direct.

Has also good enough maps provided by Nokia and proper build in GPS. Also countless 3rd party maps available.

I agree, it's a great phone. Only drawback (if you can call it that) is that it doesn't have a big touch screen so browsing the web is a bit tricky.

I dont know your phone. I simply find google maps very poor (I cant read Thai). There maybe a better GPS map program that you could install.

- Nokia Maps (Doesn't it come with Nokia maps? I think Google is an optional download?)

- Route 66

I have this phone and it is excellent.

I do prefer to use Nimbuzz rather than Fring. I think thats just personal preference though.

Syncs perfectly with my MBP but I had to buy Missing Sync as the sync tool from Nokia is flaky at best. Missing Sync works perfectly.

The inbuilt email app isn't so great but Profimail works well on this phone. Can read HTML emails.

Can use it as a modem for my MBP via bluetooth or by the usb cable which is great as I don't have to rely on Wifi hotspots

Nokia Multimedia transfer works well with macs.

The camera is ok but having to press 't' to focus is clunky. Also, having threaded sms would be a great feature to have and I am afraid that Nokia conversations just doesn't cut it.

I am still trying to find a decent audiobook player that will play Audible files. It should have a bookmark feature so that it plays from where it was stopped last time.

What I am interested in is being able to install apps which are not signed such as i-sms. Signed Symbian make it difficult to get certificates and keys so that you can sign your own apps. Has anyone successfully had the E71 hacked in MBK?

I am with Dtac but I think any network provider can offer you a GPRS data plan which will give you a certain number of hours to go online with. I use a mac so all I had to do was download some modem script and install that into my computer and then pair up the laptop and phone via bluetooth and also via usb cable and it can be used as a modem.

There is a downloadable application for the Nokia E71 which enables it to be used as a wi fi point as well.

Had a BlackBerry Curve before I was forced to ditch it. Looked for something comparable so I got the E71 instead 3 weeks ago and I am very pleased with it so far. Was going to wait it out for the E72 but I haven't heard of a release date yet for it yet. Sync with Exchange Mail works great.

Blackberry's seem all the rage in Thailand at the moment, I was almost going to go for the Curve but I wouldn't have been able to take advantages of all the services with Dtac so I went for the E71 instead. Lots of apps for it so you can customise it exactly to your needs, some you have to pay for and some you don't.

• 2 weeks later...