Is The Us$ Destined To Collapse?

Is the US$ destined to collapse?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh Please, its congress who made and passed laws that messed up the economy, ask yourself who was in control of congress for the last decade ???

An ignorant, greedy, short sighted citizenry? Yeah, I think so.

Actually the ignorant would be the working class that is to busy working & lack the power to influence congress anyway.

The greedy is the ones that do have the power to influence congress.

Short sighted? I tend to think that would be the greedy because of course if they have what they want they need not any further long view as they made theirs & the rest can eat cake.

Given those things I think I agree with skipvice on this one. :)

I know you sincerely believe that but I couldn't disagree with you more. Bankers and lobbyists are lieing cheating, self dealing scum. You have to be pretty ignorant, shortsighted and greedy not to readily see that. Got a nation of dime bag drugdealers selling to each other and now when they get pinched want to rollover on their connection. Maybe they shouldn't have involved themselves with such things.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Please, its congress who made and passed laws that messed up the economy, ask yourself who was in control of congress for the last decade ???

Actually the ignorant would be the working class that is to busy working & lack the power to influence congress anyway.

Short sighted? I tend to think that would be the greedy because of course if they have what they want they need not any further long view as they made theirs & the rest can eat cake.

I know you sincerely believe that but I couldn't disagree with you more. Bankers and lobbyists are lieing cheating, self dealing scum. You have to be pretty ignorant, shortsighted and greedy not to readily see that. Got a nation of dime bag drugdealers selling to each other and now when they get pinched want to rollover on their connection. Maybe they shouldn't have involved themselves with such things.

You lost me :D Of course I agree with your assessment of bankers & lobbyist.

But I thought in your previous post you were saying it was the citizens to blame for letting congress do as they pleased.

After we saw our instructions to our congress on the bailout reversed. I think everyone now knows whats what. I also think the 2010 vote will show the displeasure with the current crop. But in the end we are in a state of non-representation except for a handful.

You lost me :D Of course I agree with your assessment of bankers & lobbyist.

But I thought in your previous post you were saying it was the citizens to blame for letting congress do as they pleased.

After we saw our instructions to our congress on the bailout reversed. I think everyone now knows whats what. I also think the 2010 vote will show the displeasure with the current crop. But in the end we are in a state of non-representation except for a handful.

the bailout was a fait accompli on its very announcement. The abdication of citizenry responsibilities in a democracy for the prior few decades saw to that. Events are culminations of long standing practices. If your long standing practice is to look the other way just because you (I don't mean you) personally benefit from it, that means you own the consequences of that choice whenever they may surface. Hey, It's All Good!

heavy intervention today by BoJ selling JPY and buying USD!

I have looked for news on this & have not found any? Where did you see/hear it?

news? :D i saw it on one of my screens watching EUR/USD and a currency trader from my bank confirmed it. zem Nipponese vere zinking zat zey kould tcheat me out of zome modest profit. butt i vas alert und kounterakted zeir heinous aktchion. "not vizz me" i telled zem! :)

news? :D i saw it on one of my screens watching EUR/USD and a currency trader from my bank confirmed it. zem Nipponese vere zinking zat zey kould tcheat me out of zome modest profit. butt i vas alert und kounterakted zeir heinous aktchion. "not vizz me" i telled zem! :)

I did see the dollar doing its thing & up to 77.11

But I will be surprised if even the mighty nippon has the power to support

I think by the first or second week of Oct we will see some real thrashing.

the bailout was a fait accompli on its very announcement. The abdication of citizenry responsibilities in a democracy for the prior few decades saw to that. Events are culminations of long standing practices. If your long standing practice is to look the other way just because you (I don't mean you) personally benefit from it, that means you own the consequences of that choice whenever they may surface. Hey, It's All Good!

I am not American but I can't possibly see how you can say " the citizenry abdicated their responsibilities " :D

In what greater way could the people possibly

have got their message accross than by electing representatives ( in good faith ) that they genuinely

believed were making decisions in the interests of the people ? And bear in mind the people were too

busy to scratch their a*se to check up on this and were relying on the garbage fed to them

by the MSM :)

I am not American but I can't possibly see how you can say " the citizenry abdicated their responsibilities " :D

have got their message accross than by electing representatives ( in good faith ) that they genuinely

believed were making decisions in the interests of the people ? And bear in mind the people were too

busy to scratch their a*se to check up on this and were relying on the garbage fed to them

If I believed as you seem to, that a citizen's sole responsibility in a democracy is to cast their vote, then I might agree with you.

Most people feed on the garbage that tastes best to them.

If I believed as you seem to, that a citizen's sole responsibility in a democracy is to cast their vote, then I might agree with you.

If there is anything to be learnt from the past 2 years is that " democracy " in USA is a utopian concept. :D

No matter who is voted in the real decisions are made by a handful of Wall street banksters.

Please enlighten us as to how the citizen's can best get their viewpoint accross to these people :D

If there is anything to be learnt from the past 2 years is that " democracy " in USA is a utopian concept. :D

No matter who is voted in the real decisions are made by a handful of Wall street banksters.

Please enlighten us as to how the citizen's can best get their viewpoint accross to these people :D

What could be more obvious. You don't let them touch your money. When the followers lead, the leaders will follow, cuz that's where the money is.

For the most part I agree that "we the people" really let things get out of hand. But for the most part I think the first time many looked up from the grindstone was the bailout. Thinking they had a say......

Sadly what they saw was that they in fact did not.

I do not think for an instant that the greater majority of the working class looked the other way because it benefited them. ( pre bailout setting up )

But instead the majority of the working class for the most part just want to be left alone as much as possible. Meaning taxes like death may be inevitable but they expect a tiny shred of fairness in exchange for a good portion of their labor going to fund god know what. They were for the most part ok with that. But the bailout was & is even more so now seen as outright theft. We were told a fairy tale as to what it was to be used for & the impending doom if our representatives did not play ball. Still we said bring it on then because we refuse. Then our reps went subservient to the criminals instead of who put them where they are & signed our names to a mortgaged future.

If we the people ever organize a true revolt I would be at the front of the line because I have lost my taste for any further fairness or blindness on our part.

Edited by flying

the crux is that american citizens/voters have no alternatives to vote for. it either republicans or democrats, no third party for protest votes existing.

I did see the dollar doing its thing & up to 77.11

But I will be surprised if even the mighty nippon has the power to support

I think by the first or second week of Oct we will see some real thrashing.

how is that possible when on oct 7 some "parties" will let the EUR crash? :D then cross trading will let the Dollar explode against most currencies :D

Well, here we are again! Republicans f#kd up the economy and the Democrats are again stuck with cleaning up the mess

Same strings different puppets. Folks who still believe there are two parties are under a spell.

you are partially right Flying but the fact remains that republicans fàcked up much more than democrats. that applies especially to the eight years when the village genius and victorious warlord Jorge pequeño de Tejas was the puppet.

Doooood or Dewd...whichever you prefer. You need to get out of Fox Wonderland more often and check facts before posting. And the FACTs are that REPUBLICANS were in control of both houses throughout the reign of the W-illage Idiot for all but the past 2 years; and Republicans filibustered or held up in committee dam_n near everything since then (see current Health Bill). Hope you can follow this:

Bush inherited 3 consecutive years of record surpluses and managed to turn it around to record deficits.

Read about it here: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/presidentb...it-balloon.html

and here: http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/s...linton.surplus/

See it: deficit_3.gif

"In June [2000], the administration predicted the surplus would be $211 billion, and would increase by as much as $1 trillion over the next 10 years". Then YOU voted for Bush.

..and this chart STOPS at 2004! It got MUCH WORSE! So, try to get out of Fox Wonderland before posting. Facts are a bytch, aren't they?

Edited by SNGLIFE

What could be more obvious. You don't let them touch your money. When the followers lead, the leaders will follow, cuz that's where the money is.

Abolish the Fed and be free to ask any difficult questions

one wants without someone jumping up with accusations of being " anti -s***** " :)

Anyhow, as regards the $USD. Updating my prior post I'm looking for 80 week cycle lows centering around the 25th of September. If it is the second 80 week cycle of the 4.5 year cycle I expect higher lows than were seen in March'08. If that occurs my expectation is that $USD Index moves to at least 95. This forecast is based on the presumption that March '08 marked the low of the 18 year cycle. Window is +/- 4 weeks. If lower lows are made than in March '08 I'll update, but that is not my expectation at this time. All FWIW and OCICBW blah blah.

Plenty of resistance above. I'd like to see a weekly close above 79.5 to feel better about it.

post-25601-1254074720_thumb.png

DXY has support at 75.6, 74.5 and 74

The low was 75.83, so 0.23 out of the first area of support highlighted.

May prove significant, but ideally Id prefer a test of 75.6, or even the 74.5 if possible :)

Anyhow, as regards the $USD. Updating my prior post I'm looking for 80 week cycle lows centering around the 25th of September. If it is the second 80 week cycle of the 4.5 year cycle I expect higher lows than were seen in March'08. If that occurs my expectation is that $USD Index moves to at least 95. This forecast is based on the presumption that March '08 marked the low of the 18 year cycle. Window is +/- 4 weeks. If lower lows are made than in March '08 I'll update, but that is not my expectation at this time. All FWIW and OCICBW blah blah.

Plenty of resistance above. I'd like to see a weekly close above 79.5 to feel better about it.

post-25601-1254074720_thumb.png

DXY has support at 75.6, 74.5 and 74

The low was 75.83, so 0.23 out of the first area of support highlighted.

May prove significant, but ideally Id prefer a test of 75.6, or even the 74.5 if possible :)

I was looking for 74 to get folks leaning hard the other way and because of the trendline, but I suppose it's too obvious. New lows possible too, of course, but that's not where my thinking is at presently.

Naam, don't bother reading this. Alex, be aware. A new conspiracy theory is born.

This is from a poster on Zero hedge, "London Banker"

Parts of this have been hinted at over the past few months, but this guy fills in the blanks nicely.

"Clearly a great deal of the easy money from QE in US, UK and EU has ended up in speculative momentum in asset markets (equities, commodities, bonds) as a new carry trade. Virtually none of it has gone to financing productive investment or increased retail/commercial lending that would promote consumption/growth in the real economy. The result is a bubble in asset prices blown up by the easy money, with no realistic basis in actual consumer, business or economic fundamentals. As a result, it is clearly unsustainable. When it will burst is anyone's guess.

I think it's a pre-meditated set up that will be burst to achieve a political agenda - just as with the Lehman failure/Reichstag Fire for the Paulson Plan looting. And I think the Fed and PBs are positioning things now to burst the bubble soon - if only to forestall the Audit the Fed Bill. The PBs are being recapitalised by coordinating actions with each other and the Fed, so that they can frontrun what they know will be seminal events in market direction.

The game here for the Fed is to export losses and import profits. The mechanism for this is margin calls on leveraged investors/leveraged markets. The reason for pumping up the asset classes globally has been to benefit from the foreknowledge of this on the upside, and the foreknowledge of this on the downside. GS and buddies will all profit handsomely. The failures and major losses will all be targeted at foreign competitors and domestic competitors so that those left standing get a larger percentage of a shrinking pie.

The power to call margin is the power to destroy. In leveraged markets, the withdrawal of leverage necessitates collapse as forced selling wipes out value. Those destroyed on the downswing lose all their assets as collateral to the creditor bank. Those assets are held and then sold on the next rally. Lather, rinse, repeat = perpetual motion profit machine for a more and more concentrated and powerful financial elite.

We no longer have market capitalism. We have state capitalism which depends on the liquidity of the central bank to drive momentum in markets and determine change in direction. The Fed is about to stop QE, withdraw liquidity through reverse repos, etc., and that will force the change in direction which will justify the PBs calling margin on all the leverage extended earlier this year. A trigger event (foreign bank failure/state or municipal government default/attack on Iran) will destabilise markets. The margin calls into the uncertain markets will force liquidations, crash global markets, destroy weaker players, and create a political opportunity to force more bad legislation and bad policy through a frightened Congress.

It worked before to expropriate taxpayers of trillions of dollars. Same again, please?

Of course, this is a conspiracy theory, but some conspiracies can be very profitable and last a long time. Control fraud is always a conspiracy by those holding power, and is always very profitable and quite low risk.

I should note that the reason for choosing this thread is the connection to US dollar revaluation. Virtually all margin under global standard derivatives, prime brokerage and securities lending agreements is in US dollar. The result of a margin call by the prime brokers and major investment banks is therefore a sudden, sharp demand for US dollars to prevent default.

Foreign assets are sold and the proceeds swapped into dollars to meet the margin call. Foreign assets and currencies crash, dollar strengthens.

Look at October 2008 for the template. Prime brokers discreetly raised margin on PB clients from an average of 15 percent to an average 35 percent. Because all PB is unreported bilateral business, there was no public announcement of this and no public record of this. All the public saw was the crash of global asset markets and a rapidly strenghtening US dollar."

From http://www.zerohedge.com/article/usd-strength-rally-shaping

Regards.

"Clearly a great deal of the easy money from QE in US, UK and EU has ended up in speculative momentum in asset markets (equities, commodities, bonds) as a new carry trade. Virtually none of it has gone to financing productive investment or increased retail/commercial lending that would promote consumption/growth in the real economy. The result is a bubble in asset prices blown up by the easy money, with no realistic basis in actual consumer, business or economic fundamentals. As a result, it is clearly unsustainable. When it will burst is anyone's guess.

This re-inflation of the bubble has been painfully obvious. This is the bait & switch many are outraged about. The bailout has been nothing more than sponsoring. It has done nothing to remove the toxic debt that it was originally promised for.

Funny too that this pacifier not only keeps millions quiet it actually makes them squeal with glee :D Because as any talking head on CNBC,MSNBC etc will tell you the markets are doing fine so the recession is over baby :):D

Now that G20 is over watch the bank failure rate resume with gusto.

This re-inflation of the bubble has been painfully obvious. This is the bait & switch many are outraged about. The bailout has been nothing more than sponsoring. It has done nothing to remove the toxic debt that it was originally promised for.

Funny too that this pacifier not only keeps millions quiet it actually makes them squeal with glee :D Because as any talking head on CNBC,MSNBC etc will tell you the markets are doing fine so the recession is over baby :):D

Now that G20 is over watch the bank failure rate resume with gusto.

1. The dollar is quickly replacing the Yen as the carry trade.

2. Q: If you were China, how would you dump dollars FAST without dumping dollars?

A: Buy commodities.

3. Bank failure rate has been more than skyrocketing this year. Expect HUNDREDS next year. Bookmark it: FDIC Failed Bank List

[

1. The dollar is quickly replacing the Yen as the carry trade.

2. Q: If you were China, how would you dump dollars FAST without dumping dollars?

A: Buy commodities.

3. Bank failure rate has been more than skyrocketing this year. Expect HUNDREDS next year. Bookmark it: FDIC Failed Bank List

Yes I have been saying #2 & 3 for some time now.

Fridays I always try to guess how many more banks will be shuttered.

I had wondered these last two weeks why the slowdown...aside from the FDIC hating to take the loan from the Treasury. But then I remembered the G20.

Can't have Zobama telling the world how we need financial reform as Rome burns.

Except this time it is Obama, Bernanke & Geithner playing the fiddle not Nero

So I fully expect the Failed list to resume snowballing this week. :)

Naam, don't bother reading this. Alex, be aware. A new conspiracy theory is born.

This is from a poster on Zero hedge, "London Banker"

<snip yada yada>

Look at October 2008 for the template. Prime brokers discreetly raised margin on PB clients from an average of 15 percent to an average 35 percent. Because all PB is unreported bilateral business, there was no public announcement of this and no public record of this. All the public saw was the crash of global asset markets and a rapidly strenghtening US dollar."

From http://www.zerohedge.com/article/usd-strength-rally-shaping

Regards.

Ok but in the "3rd of 3rd of turd wave," will we get the same rally in the USD? Is it THAT EASY????? Surely it can't... but then, maybe it can..... The unwinding of the Yen carry trade was an awesome thing to behold.... and yes bingobongo I guess he said it first here in TV... it was a sweet trade.... esp against the AUD/NZD holy crapper batman you could have made soooooooo much dosh if you were a leveraged currency trader with some balls..... that was a career-maker/ender...

So I don't really care about all the crap on 0Hedge now, I'd just like to know that if we crash again.... what happens to the USD... because it really can't be that easy, can it... do to exactly what it did the last time around....????? Can it?

I'm just begging the Lord for 1 USD : 3-4 BRL.... I don't care how it happens, but I won't be a member of ThaiVisa anymore and I'll start up BrazilVisa.com sorry george....... :)

Plarex: seriously, do you ever put your money where your mouth is? And did you refer to yourself as "The Creator of the Oracle" which in geekspeak is "The Architect" which any film jerk knows is a reference to God.... are you that delusional????

I'm just begging the Lord for 1 USD : 3-4 BRL.... I don't care how it happens, but I won't be a member of ThaiVisa anymore and I'll start up BrazilVisa.com sorry george....... :)

you missed october 2002 Jcon (NDFs 4.28, cash black market 4.55, official rate 4.06). got 3.67 in february 2003 when buying land.

Interesting to note the FDIC's new plan to charge banks 45 Billion in advance fees.

This will help them as they are near broke as it stands.

They argue that this is not a bail out just a advance fee levied on the banks for FDIC services/insurance.

Yet where do they think the banks got the money to do this now that they are sitting fat on FED bailout funds?

These same banks that now get to use fantasy accounting to value their assets thanks to the repeal of mark to market.

So it is for all intents another bailout. Yet none of the bailouts have yet gone towards what was the original intent when they blackmailed congress with fear.

Also interesting all the FDIC commercials here on TV & radio. No need to worry folks each account is still insured to

250k & none has ever lost a dollar in a FDIC insured account. Well......yes they will never let the FDIC fail no matter how much money they need to print/borrow. Fine....but after this next year where the amounts talked about could reach a trillion.What will happen is yes your money is there no problem. Withdraw it & spend it....PROBLEM !

The buying power has somehow dwindled :)

Yeah, dwindling. Tomorrow is my monthly ATM day. Another month, another few hundred less baht. 33.6 baht/$ now :D

Still sounds pretty good in actual buying power from my view :D

Just be glad your there & not here. Price of food is going up :) Jobs going down.

It will be interesting to see in the long run how it goes there though.

But again the important stuff is high supply there so you will probably always do better than us still in Amerika :D

The buying power has somehow dwindled :)

Co-sign all the above. Would replace "dwindled" wiith "evaporated", "plunged", "disappeared", etc. etc. Dwindle sounds so....so....hmmmm...lengthy of a process. $10 loaf of bread when it's on sale will be the norm.

I would hazard a guess that China will stop buying long-term treasuries altogether within the next 3-5 years. The thud heard round the world.

The buying power has somehow dwindled :D

Co-sign all the above. Would replace "dwindled" with "evaporated", "plunged", "disappeared", etc. etc. Dwindle sounds so....so....hmmmm...lengthy of a process. $10 loaf of bread when it's on sale will be the norm.

I would hazard a guess that China will stop buying long-term treasuries altogether within the next 3-5 years. The thud heard round the world.

LOL.......your right dwindled is weak more like pillaged :)

10 dollar bread is close here as we now pay $5+