Banglamuang Cable Tv / Internet Service

JimmyTheMook

Anyone using the combined package from Banglamuang Cable TV ?

Is the internet line run thru a coaxial cable or phone line ?

I do not have a phone line with them but I would guess that it is all done through the coaxial cable my Internet is done via the cable

Anyone using the combined package from Banglamuang Cable TV ?

Is the internet line run thru a coaxial cable or phone line ?

I do not have a phone line with them but I would guess that it is all done through the coaxial cable my Internet is done via the cable

Is cable internet from Cable TV available in Phuket?

Well shoot thaisail, why don't you ask in the PHUKET FORUM instead?

offset, you say you already HAVE internet service from Banglamung Cable and not just television?

Yes I have Banglamung TV in two rooms plus Internet had them for nearly a year now

offset, you say you already HAVE internet service from Banglamung Cable and not just television?

Yes I have Banglamung TV in two rooms plus Internet had them for nearly a year now

How is the service ?

Did you use the despicable TOT or CAT before as a comparison ?

Sorry Jimmy, I don't have an answer for you but I would be interested if offset could share his experiebce with it.We have the TV for 250 a month and were quoted 15,000 a year for the internet.

Just paid 890 a month for TOT for 4 megs - took them a month to fit it in by 3 visists to the post opposite the house. In Phuket we pay TOT 490 a month for 2 megs and that connection is twice as fast at this one at least - not happy, so would like to know more about this system too.

Also, can you connect it to a wireless router?

Cheers,

jeff

How is the service ?

Did you use the despicable TOT or CAT before as a comparison ?

I have had the service for about 1 year had big trouble at the beginning but to be fair to them they worked really hard to get the service working one day I had 9 engineers working on it they never charged me until I was happy The service is quite good I have 2MB service but I do get disconnected 2 or 3 time a day but for normal use it is no problem I had TOT in my previous house I think that the cable is slightly better than the TOT was but you must always remember to get a good TOT service you need a short telephone line I also use wireless with the cable connection

I've used the combined service for about a year now and the internet is actually not bad, quite quick and so far reliable apart from the times when they are working on the cables.

It comes through the same coax cable as the TV, they split this and place a modem by your computer.

I'm located close to Magnolia Hotel out by the reservoir.

I have a friend who lives up other side of Maprachan Lake and has had the service for over a year. Yes, teething problems at first but good service attitude and they got it running perfectly. He is very happy with it.

His area is beyond the landline distance for Telephone line DSL. So BTV was his only option apart from dial-up or satallite.

I have a question. I heard that BTV are expanding into Pattaya where we get Sophon Cable. Anyone know it they plan to cover Third Road between in Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai, or a contact number so I can ask myself.