Medicines And Thai Customs

rififi

I will leave for Thailand tomorrow morning and just realized i take my medicines but am greatly concerned by the ongoing government drive against illegal drugs, widely reported in newspapers.

I need to take certain medications wich need prescription

What's the likely result when Thai customs agents find a 30-day supply in my luggage?

It's too late for documents from my doctor.

I will leave for Thailand tomorrow morning and just realized i take my medicines but am greatly concerned by the ongoing government drive against illegal drugs, widely reported in newspapers.

What's the likely result when Thai customs agents find a 30-day supply  in my luggage?

Carry a letter from your doctor or your pharmacist.

What's the likely result when Thai customs agents find a 30-day supply  in my luggage?

Carry a letter from your doctor or your pharmacist.

Or if too late for those, bring your prescription/repeat papers.

If your medicines have been dispensed by a pharmacy, the bottles/containers are likely to have your name as well as medical symbols on them, thus differentiating them from illicit or illegal drugs.

Even if you were searched at the airport and your medicine found, I don't think that Customs would be too concerned provided the quantities you brought in were only for 30 days.

The drive against illegal drugs was largely against the traffic in amphetamines and heroin. At the same time there has been a campaign to get anything looking remotely like an upper or downer off the drug store shelves, mainly because they can be abused and result in addiction or dependency. But I don't think it would be a big deal if they found you were carrying a 30-day supply of Xanax, for example.

Customs at Don Muang are pretty decent these days. I've been through the green channel 14 times in the last 5 years and they never searched me. The few people they do search seem to have multiple large suitcases, i.e. more than normally necessary for a single person.

The nothing to declare line is a non event. Look, they don't even ask for paperwork. I haven't been checked iin 25 trips since Aproil '01 ( yes sick puppy but do note from another thread I'm on my way with an OA visa...)

I often 3 bags of stuff. Lots of panties and bras for the girlies, a couple 44 count boxes of condoms, a dozen boxes of Hawaiin chocolate Mac nut candy and a full pharmacy of lots of legal drugs w/ scripts. I have a walking Pharm in my bag of sickness, maleria, sleeping, pain, antiinflamitoryies and lots of Cipro 750's incase I start in with a "Snotty Cock" I have, however, noted a few people stopped on the other side of the wall before the arrival hall. Mostly hippies, scurfty looking people and Nigerians. I was walking thru after a Siem Reap trip and they had some people of African decent lined up ready for the full search...

I think you should have no problem! Unless you are a hippy or a Nigerian.

Aloha Nui Loa

I flew in on Thurs 11 Mar with about 6 months supply of 3 medications that I take. After collecting my luggage I proceeded to the Something to Declare gate. The officer there asked what I wanted to declare. I replied that I had medicines. He just smiled and said No problems and waved me through. Didnt even want to look inside my bags.

This is the second occasion that this has happened. Mind you I did bring along 2 letters from 2 different doctors and my prescriptions just in case I was asked for them.