Multi Re Entry Permit Stamp

The form states that you have to go in person, but this is Thailand.

That is unusual.

Most of the forms have a section where you can authorise a third party

to make the application on your behalf.

no im asking about the multi re entry permit stamp 2999 baht good for 1 year for coming and going i have a non imm b visa already, you get it at the same place as 90 day reporting

Edited by tb86

no im asking about the multi re entry permit stamp 2999 baht good for 1 year for coming and going i have a non imm b visa already, you get it at the same place as 90 day reporting

You do not have a Non Imm B Visa. You have a 12 month extension of permission to stay.

A Multi Re Entry Permit costs 3,800 Baht and you get it from Immigration where you got your extension.

You do not have a Non Imm B Visa. You have a 12 month extension of permission to stay.

A Multi Re Entry Permit costs 3,800 Baht and you get it from Immigration where you got your extension.

why is it i dont have a non imm b visa?

Have a look at your passport and I am sure that the last B visa you had expired long ago. You have been extending the permit to stay you got from that visa entry. So you are on an extension of stay not a visa.

"no im asking about the multi re entry permit stamp..."

You have to fill out a form. Photo required.

Read the post by opalhort.

I wonder where he got the 2999 baht from?

That's not a number I'd make up for any government service.

Have a look at your passport and I am sure that the last B visa you had expired long ago. You have been extending the permit to stay you got from that visa entry. So you are on an extension of stay not a visa.

yes ok, but is a extension of a non imm b visa. If asked what type of visa you held, would you reply extension visa, or non imm b? By the way im not being a smart ass just a honest question :) because i have been corrected for this mistake several times in the last few days

Edited by tb86

yes ok, but is a extension of a non imm b visa. If asked what type of visa you held, would you reply extension visa, or non imm b? By the way im not being a smart ass just a honest question :D because i have been corrected for this mistake several times in the last few days

I would reply: "I don't have a visa, I am here on an extension of stay. I came here on a Non Immigrant B-visa, but that is now expired".

You are being corrected because the rules are very different for people who are here on a visa entry and for people who are here on an extension of stay. The threads get very confusing when people say they have one thing, and in reality they have something else. It might seem like nit-picking, but the rules are confusing enought as it is, without people confusing the issues further by using the wrong terminology. :)

Sophon

I would reply: "I don't have a visa, I am here on an extension of stay. I came here on a Non Immigrant B-visa, but that is now expired".

You are being corrected because the rules are very different for people who are here on a visa entry and for people who are here on an extension of stay. The threads get very confusing when people say they have one thing, and in reality they have something else. It might seem like nit-picking, but the rules are confusing enought as it is, without people confusing the issues further by using the wrong terminology. :D

Sophon

Well summarised Sophon. Let's move on ... :)