Tt & T Maxnet Premier Internet Problems

Mobi

I am out near the Mabprachan lake, (Pong side) and my Maxnet 2 MB internet has been down pretty much the whole weekend. I got some intermittent connections yesterday morning, but it kept crashing and seems to have been permanently down ever since.

My phone line is fine.

Before I call TT&T, I would like to know if anyone else in my area, or anywhere else in Pattaya for that matter, is having similar problems.

I am out near the Mabprachan lake, (Pong side) and my Maxnet 2 MB internet has been down pretty much the whole weekend. I got some intermittent connections yesterday morning, but it kept crashing and seems to have been permanently down ever since.

My phone line is fine.

Before I call TT&T, I would like to know if anyone else in my area, or anywhere else in Pattaya for that matter, is having similar problems.

Mine is perfectly fine, and we are connected to the same Dslam!

My phone line is fine.

Mine is perfectly fine, and we are connected to the same Dslam!

Thanks for the info Monty. :D

I have replaced the phone line to the modem and I'm back up and running. Must have been a faulty wire. Had intermittent problems for weeks and thought it was the service. Probably my bad phone wire all the time.

BTW I thought you weren't at Mabprachan any more. I popped by a couple of weeks ago to say hello and got the impression that you had gone for good. :D

Obviously not :)

Nope, not gone yet!

The guys are not yet ready to ave a go at it without some guidance :)

Convenient for me as well as I'm building another house just 5 minutes away from here, so easy to drop by several times a day...

Hi Mobi,

I live a few K down on Soi Country Club, and have the same service.

It’s been a bit slower than usual, but has been working for the last week.

Good to meet up with you at last a couple of weeks ago, had no idea that you were moving on after the new guys get sorted. Will pop up in a few days.

Cheers,

mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Although my Maxnet Premier ha been running for the past couple of weeks or so with minimum downtime, the speeds are often abysmal, especially at weekends, but even weekdays they are sometimes very slow.

This weekend has been very bad, and it is more or less impossible to download decent sized files in a reasonable time frame.

My speeds a few minutes ago were 0.460 mbs d/l and 0.020 mbs u/l to a Singapore server, which usually gives the fastest speeds.

I have a 2MB connection, and up to recently the d/l speed would never go below around 1.6 mbs and was often in excess of 2 mbs.

Is anyone (especially int the Mabprachan area) having similar problems?

I read on another thread that TT & T have upgraded many cheaper services to a 2 MBs as a promotion and that is causing the problem. But I am unsure if this is in Bangkok or Pattaya or everywhere.

How are you doing Monty and Mike100?

Is anyone (especially int the Mabprachan area) having similar problems?

If it prompts me to ransack their headoffice in Bangkok and force the CEO into a meeting, I would call it a problem..

I take that as a "yes" :)

I never used to have any problems with my internet, but this last weekend, and this whole month to be quite truthful, it has been terrible. Yesterday I was hardly able to do anything. Today it seems a little better but it will get slower as the day goes on.

It seems to have changed dramatically.. Our other computer is using TOT 1MB and even that is faster than my Maxnet connection which is 4 or 5MB. :)

Is anyone else still having problems? My Internet has gone from bad to worse.

Last night I had to switch off because it was just impossible to use. Today it's even worse. Tested my speed and I am getting an amazing 4KB ! It was 16KB when I first logged on, and going down fast. Soon it will probably be completely off.

Also, My bill has now changed from MaxNet to "Triple T Internet" ...... But friends who were using Maxnet still get a Maxnet bill.. Anyone experienced the same as me?

This is terrible.. I'm paying for 5MB and I am getting 5KB!

TT&T Maxnet Premier 3/1Mb - never worked better. Downloaded software yesterday and the day before yesterday at pretty much full speed, ~260kB/s. Youtube is a bit poor though, only downloading at maybe 40kB/s or so, I think they're throttling Youtube. Had to restart the router a few days ago after service dropped, other than that smooth sailing.

Suggest those of you complaining about poor performance on Indy to upgrade to Premier. It's better to get 50% of 3Mb/s than to get 5% of 5Mb/s.

Edit: actually scratch my comment about Youtube, just tested it, it's fast as lightning today, no problem viewing realtime.

Edited by Phil Conners

My Maxnet 2MB Premier has been iffy all day, and finally gave up the ghost around 5 p.m.

It has been down ever since (it's now 10.15 p.m.).

I've never known it down so long, and I have had to use my AIS Edge all evening.

The phone line is fine.

Monty told me earlier that his was still running but very slow.

Anyone else down 100%?

We were very very slow all day.. Called up Maxnet, or Triple B, or whatever they are now called, and they said they'd call us back (as usual).

5pm we received a phone call telling us that it was a problem at their end and that all Chonburi was down.. 7pm received another phone call saying that they had fixed the problem and asked if we were back up and running.

Internet is back up working again, speed is OK, Not fast but not slow.

Thai BF read on the Thai forums about this and several people have had the same problem, and it is usually always fixed shortly after you call them. I suggest to anyone that is still having problems, to call them and let them know about it.. Worked for us today..

Edited by Meg_2003

Banglamung Cable TV internet service...4 Mbps line for B 990 per month (plus B 2000 modem deposit). Very stable connection 24/7 and up to 500 kB/s download speeds on high seed/leech ratio torrent files. Server 2 server connections very fast and stable as well.

Slowly getting worse, and you cannot get a wirless router for BTV

I am going back to maxnet for 590

My Maxnet 2MB Premier has been iffy all day, and finally gave up the ghost around 5 p.m.

It has been down ever since (it's now 10.15 p.m.).

I've never known it down so long, and I have had to use my AIS Edge all evening.

The phone line is fine.

Monty told me earlier that his was still running but very slow.

Anyone else down 100%?

My Maxnet Premier 3/1 was down 99% for 12 hrs, could rec.mail,nothing else, called the new call center No. 1530 and they said We call u back...never happend...went to careFour office and asked <deleted> is going on...25 min.later my Internet was back at normal speed.

My ADSL connection was out all evening, and this morning both of my TT&T phone lines are also down.

Things going from bad to worse. :)

I will call in and talk to them at Carrefour this morning.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's nice to know I'm not suffering alone :D

I went to TT & T in Carrefour this morning to report my ADSL being down since yesterday and also that both phone lines had been down since this morning.

They told me they would accept my report on the phone lines but that I would have to go to the TOT office down the road to report the internet problem, ( I showed them my internet bill so they knew I had a TT & T Maxnet connection), as they didn't deal with internet matters any more.

So I walked down to TOT on the corner of 3rd Road, and try to report my internet problems to a girl there. She told me that I had to go to Carrefour for any problems with a TT&T internet connection.

I told her that they had sent me to their office. She got angry and insisted that I had to report the problems at the TT&T office. I laughed at her and said if I wasn't careful I would be sent back and forth between the 2 offices all day. She then got on the phone to Carrefour TT & T and had a row with them. The result was that she wrote in Thai on the top of my internet bill that the Carrefour office are responsible for my connection and that they must deal with it, and not to send me back to TOT!!

And then she sent me back to Carrefour.

Back at Carrefour I showed them the note on my bill and they got a bit upset, but then the combined staff took down all my details - several times. They tried to suggest that the internet had gone down because the phone lines were down, but I insisted that the internet had gone down yesterday when the line was still working.

On my way out, I asked them why the internet had been so bad lately - even when it was working. They said "You mean in the past month?" I replied: "In the past several months". They laughed.

Once upon a time the TT&T office at Carrefour was always very busy and crowded with customers. On some occasions you had to wait for 10 minutes or more, just to pay a bill or report a fault. Then they stopped handling bill payments. Now they are refusing to handle internet problems.

Guess what? The last few times I have been there the office has been empty, and the girls are sitting there chatting and playing games on their computers.

TIT :)

Banglamung Cable TV internet service...4 Mbps line for B 990 per month (plus B 2000 modem deposit). Very stable connection 24/7 and up to 500 kB/s download speeds on high seed/leech ratio torrent files. Server 2 server connections very fast and stable as well.

Slowly getting worse, and you cannot get a wirless router for BTV

I am going back to maxnet for 590

Maxnet Bangkok 3 Meg

567529013.png

Maxnet London UK

567539794.png

BTV Cablenet Bangkok 4 Meg

567542893.png

BTV London UK

567544435.png

My phone lines were still out at 8.a.m. this morning.

I was out all day and came home at 7.30 to find both phone lines working but the ADSL still as dead as a dodo.

I have checked the line to the ADSL by connecting it to a phone and it works fine. The ADSL is on, with the green "STATUS" light flashing, the green "WLAN" light on but no light, flashing or otherwise for the ADSL.

Monty's , 1 km down the road, is working fine.

I jhave called 1103 and reported the fault, and they said they will call back.

I now seem to be the only one left with a problem and feel very lonely. :)

Has anyone got any suggestions? Is it possible that my router is broken? How can I test it?

you can test your router in the settings, ping ping

Hope you can remember your username and passowrd for your router :)

I have the user name and password for my router but don't understand your suggestion.

How do I ping ping?

Sorry I'm still a bit of an amateur at some of this stuff. :D