Geotech Contractor - Recommendations Please?

Can anyone recommend any service providers (reputable ones of course!) for the following (plot is in Surin):

1) GeoTech / Soil Test

2) Site Survey

3) Bore Hole Drilling

Alteratively if anyone can recommend service providers in the general area at least if not in Surin?

Thanks in advance.

(By the way I'm trying to track down Alan the Builder so if anyone has his details can you do the necessary please? - Thanks very much!)

Alan the builder has a web site and would seem easy to contact.

http://www.alanthebuilder.com/

I have a suggestion for a person thinking about building a home in Surin. Go sit down and communicate in English with the HONEST, well educated daughter of the owner of the large Surin Home Mart that is "over the tracks" heading North out of Surin at a "bend in the road". Still 5 minutes from the Farang Connection. Khun "Muk" is usually in the office of her parent's Home Mart. She has given me the lowest price and top notch service on many items that Home Mart carries, such as CPAC products, VRH products, COTTO products and Toto products. She might not have the lowest prices on power tools or electrical fixtures. She knows which Thai building contractors "cut corners", who pays the bill on time, who demands a "commission", and she can give you the address of actual building sites (her Home Mart trucks make deliveries, she knows where all the houses are being built) of VARIOUS Thai builders so YOU can look and see the quality level. EVERY decent Thai builder knows the phone number and price of the firms that drive building piles into the earth. I see signs in Thai for well drillers with some sort of pricing on the billboards. Remember that private water wells are NOT legal in some areas, best to check in person at the proper Government office.

If you meet with Khun Muk and you think she is a good resource for you, she will give you her e-mail address and her cell phone. She has phoned back to me from Bangkok and solved issues relating to items delivered to a job site, etc.. She has the clout and relationship with various vendors to have a company service representative come from near or far, to FIX and solve a problem the very next day at no charge. No "run around" when dealing with her. I had a completely different experience with a different Home Mart closer to our home. Higher prices on the exact same items, a complete "blow off" on a problem, and a "switch in materials" which caused me and my Thai builder great grief.

Sorry I can't help you on the other items.

We have used STS several times and have been satisfed with results. These were jobs in 1-2 million baht range requiring 2-+ bores and complete written reports.

We have also used Ten Consultants once as well, will equally good results.

Both of these was in an Industrial capicity, so have no idea if they would be interested in small job upcountry

TH

Edited by thaihome

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a company that supplies a fully biodegradeable chemical for iron problems in water wells.

Our product guarantees cleaner piupes, higher flow, when pumps and wells are blockes and better water quality,..

Please see www.bornam.com

We are based in Chiang Mai, just managed to get through the strict goverment regs and are now the sole importer for our product.

Anyone interested in setting up a local branch for servicing or product selling please contact me.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]