Champions League On Television

pattayamike

With ESPN/Star Sports we got 9 or 10 Group Stage matches live or on delay.

Any idea if Channel 3 or 7 will show additional matches on delay? If not, we'll be getting a lot less coverage.

TrueSports airs BarcaTV, BayernTV, ManUTV, ChelseaTV and LiverpoolTV... if you can wait a couple of days, you can watch those clubs' UCL matches there, too.

Channel 3 and 7 schedule for first 2 matchdays listed here:

http://www.ch7.com/activities/activities_d...contentId=47058

TU 15 Sep Ch 3 Chelsea v Porto ; Ch 7 Besiktas v Man U

W 16 Sep Ch 3 Inter v Barca; Ch 7 Liverpool v Debreceni

TU 29 Sep Ch 3 Fiorentina v Liverpool; Ch 7 Arsenal v Olympiacos

W 30 Sep Ch 3 Man U v Wolfsburg; Ch 7 APOEL v Chelsea

Not quite correct.....Arsenal match is Weds night..thurs here

The list looks ok to me, the Arsenal match quoted is for Matchday 2 When they do play on Tuesday 29th. The Arsenal match for Wednesday 16th is not being shown live on Thai TV.

YES....diidnt take notice of the opponents Greek and not Belgium.

Well,being an Arsenal supporter I can only say that the choice of televising which match...,SUCKS !!!

Shouldn't the Competition really be called the " Champions of the lesser European Countries, Runners up of the more influential Leagues, Third Placed & sometimes even Fourth Placed Teams, League " ??

Call it the <deleted> league if you like, rest of us that like football really do not care.

The point is, do they show it?

Obviously not, which you probably do not care about anyhow.

Please go back to your bowling.

As another member said, dont see any reason to keep paying money to this thieving True company anymore.

I am one of the fools that also have them as an internet provider as well.

I believe we are about 6000 people sharing a broadband line.

Of course, if one purchase the "ultra Buddha diamond Nirvana package", one might get to see something decent on True.

Regular Gold dont give you shit anymore here.

I guess you understand that I like to watch football.

Shouldn't the Competition really be called the " Champions of the lesser European Countries, Runners up of the more influential Leagues, Third Placed & sometimes even Fourth Placed Teams, League " ??

Call it the <deleted> league if you like, rest of us that like football really do not care.

I think you'll find that in fact Mr Singh does like football - but he also likes to not take things too seriously.

Back OT, the coverage last night was awful. For the first 20 mins or so we had Thai commentary fighting it out with Turkish. Then some genious switched off the Turkish, as well as the background noise from the stadium, and the English commentary team stepped up to fight it out with the Thais. It was funny to hear the Thais nicking lines off the English.

I had hoped that sometime in the second half they would have sorted things out but alas. That's how it remained. It's depressing to think this is what we are facing for the entire competition.

Just when you thought True Visions could get no worse, they find a way...

I think you'll find that in fact Mr Singh does like football - but he also likes to not take things too seriously.

Back OT, the coverage last night was awful. For the first 20 mins or so we had Thai commentary fighting it out with Turkish. Then some genious switched off the Turkish, as well as the background noise from the stadium, and the English commentary team stepped up to fight it out with the Thais. It was funny to hear the Thais nicking lines off the English.

I had hoped that sometime in the second half they would have sorted things out but alas. That's how it remained. It's depressing to think this is what we are facing for the entire competition.

Just when you thought True Visions could get no worse, they find a way...

What I don't understand is you could hear the English commentary in the background sometimes, followed by the Thai announcer saying the same thing in Thai. Gary Neville 34 years old followed by Gary Neville, ah yuu samsip see pee lao etc.

On the UBC remote, there is a button that allows one to switch between two audio sources. Unfortuneately they Channel 3, chose not to allow non Thai speakers to hear the English? Does it really cost anymore to let us hear what the announcers were hearing???

Despite this, I must say that it was nice not to have the game interrupted by commercials like we saw in the FA Cup near the end of last season.

Edited by bkkjames

On the UBC remote, there is a button that allows one to switch between two audio sources.

P.S. I think you'll find this function isn't unique to UBC remotes. If you are watching Thai terrestrial TV via an aerial you can use a button on the remote of your TV to change the audio. Before fitting UBC i used to be able to listen to English soundtracks on Thai channels with things like sport and Hollywood movies. It was a bit temperamental however. Almost like someone forgetting to press a button. Sometimes you'd be half they through a movie or a game and English would suddenly cut in. Professional broadcasting it certainly is not!

I can't believe Champions League is not on True now - I don't understand the reason for this for a dedicated football sports channel to not have the CL!! Maybe they spent all their money bidding for the EPL I guess? I cannot believe Ch3 and Ch7 can afford to bid for the CL and a subscriptions service cannot.

But there was english commentary in the background on the Man U game, you could hear it, it was probably an ESPN feed from Viernam or China. But pressing the audio buttons or lanuguage options on the remote did not do anything.

Oh well, just the EPL and the cartoons for the kids left now then.

I could be wrong (or just old), but were not the group stages of the CL on local tv last year too? And when it got down to the short strokes, True started carrying the other matches. but i doubt this as I seem to recall we got the CL on ESPN and STAR.

nevermind me.

Totally agree ubc a waste of money if it was not for the bpl i would not get,plus i had one month before i headed back to sydney for work and they told me i cannot pay for one month only 3 months at a time.

So i bought channel m got to see all the games untill we played arsenal and it was not on,another way to force you to buy the premium packages.

not all champions and not a league. apart from that, boss name. we could sue uefa for false advertising.

meh...

Dear Mr. Awesome:

Yes, we are showing it. But, basically, it will be showing on Thai channel 3 or 7. Please follow up the schedule on newspaper.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Not Nearly As Awesome

Support & Non-Voice Management

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

Im sure he likes football.

I believe the thread is about CL on television (True), or not.

So it was just a remark from me since he wanted to high jack the thread, by throwing in a torch, hoping someone would pick it up and start talking about the value of CL instead.

So it was just a remark from me since he wanted to high jack the thread, by throwing in a torch, hoping someone would pick it up and start talking about the value of CL instead.

How very machiavellian that Mr Singh is! :D

Had to look that word (machiavellian) up.

And I learned something today as well here on TV.

:)

• 1 year later...

Are you saying that England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany are "lesser European Countries"?

Of course i'm not, read it again...

Champions mainly of th lesser Counteries with the odd Runners up, like Celtic, being knocked out in the Qualifiers by a Team who finised 4th in their domestic League..

Champions League my arse...

<deleted> is this idiot on about?