Telf Masters And Educational Visas

Hi,

I've got two questions about studying a TEFL masters degree.

I'm an English teacher here at a university in Bangkok, and am looking to further my qualifications. I want to move to Chiang Mai. There are two options for study there: the international TEFL Masters run by Payap University, or the TEFL Masters run by CMU (taught in Thai). There is a massive difference in cost, and I don't like Payap's no students-riding-motorbike regulations ( I own two). The other difference is that studying in Thai would seriously improve my own Thai langauge skills, so I'm tempted to go for CMU.

If anyone has any experience with either of these courses, I'd be super-grateful for reviews.

My visa question is this. For a more internationally-recognised masters degree, I'd love to get one online from a UK University. I want to study from Chiang Mai. Can I get an education visa whilst studying for a degree at a non-Thai university? (I'm British.)

With thanks for any help.

Oldmankit

The visa question answer is no. You have to study at a school/university licensed by the Education Ministry to get an ED visa.

The teachers forum might be a better place to get your other questions answered.

Thanks for your quick reply. In this case, I would need to enroll on some basic 4-hour-a-week Thai course to get my visa.

I'll get posting on the other forum...