Extension Of Stay Not Permitted

Briefly, this is my situation : I applied for a new Australian passport by post as the DFAT website says is possible. I got a call from the Embassy a few days later and was told that in Thailand they won't accept mail applications so I would have to go to the Embassy in person. I did this, they gave me back my bank cheque, and I paid in cash, although the sign on the window said bank cheques were accepted. OK, they gave me photocopies of my passport and 12 month Non O visa, current to July 21 2005. On 1st March my three months expired and I was due for a visa run. I went to Phuket immigration and spoke to the Captain. She wouldn't accept the photocopy and give me an extension and said I couldn't do a visa run with a photocopy. I was told to come back when my passport arrived, pay an overstay, and apply for ten more days so I could get me visa transferred.

My passport arrived (with my old passport) 5th March and I went back to Immigration, paid the overstay. They gave me back my new passport with a stamp "Extension of stay not approved - must leave Kingdom on or before 25th March"

So, what should I do ? Usual visa run to Burma ? Down to Penang to apply for a now non-imm O ? Flee to OZ and apply from there ?

Please, expert comments only, Doc, are you there ?

So why not get your visa transferred as per plan A? It seems you have the extra 10 days to do it if you do not have to depart until the 25th. Then you can make your run for the border and use that visa for another entry.

Briefly, this is my situation : I applied for a new Australian passport by post as the DFAT website says is possible.  I got a call from the Embassy a few days later and was told that in Thailand they won't accept mail applications so I would have to go to the Embassy in person.  I did this, they gave me back my bank cheque, and I paid in cash, although the sign on the window said bank cheques were accepted.  OK, they gave me photocopies of my passport and 12 month Non O visa, current to July 21 2005.  On 1st March my three months expired and I was due for a visa run.  I went to Phuket immigration and spoke to the Captain.  She wouldn't accept the photocopy and give me an extension and said I couldn't do a visa run with a photocopy.  I was told to come back when my passport arrived, pay an overstay, and apply for ten more days so I could get me visa transferred.

My passport arrived (with my old passport) 5th March and I went back to Immigration, paid the overstay.  They gave me back my new passport with a stamp "Extension of stay not approved - must leave Kingdom on or before 25th March"

So, what should I do ?  Usual visa run to Burma ?  Down to Penang to apply for a now non-imm O ?  Flee to OZ and apply from there ?

Please, expert comments only,  Doc, are you there ?

If a multi O is your go Bob, Oz is your go. Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth. It is rumoured that multi's are getting harder to get, but these three remain cooperative so go Bob go.

Provided the page in the old passport with your Non-Immigrant visa

has not been cancelled by your embassy, it is STILL valid.

You can do a border run using your new passport, and the Non Immigrant visa in the old passport!!

I have done this and there was no problem!!

Sorry for the above, I clicked too soon.  Apparently they don't transfer the visas any more.  That's why I am asking for expert help......

I recently transferred a Non-B from an old passort to a new one, very straightforward process (in Chiang Mai).

Sorry for the above, I clicked too soon.  Apparently they don't transfer the visas any more.  That's why I am asking for expert help......

I recently transferred a Non-B from an old passort to a new one, very straightforward process (in Chiang Mai).

It ain't a problem anywhere ( mostly :o ) Including at the airport on arrival

• 2 weeks later...