Satellite Tv

Wolfie

I want to get some English speaking TV (a news channel, basically) and the Thai TV channels for the wife - but i don't want to be spending 1000b pcm or more for True UBC - so what are my options?

I've looked around, but everything seems in Thai :)

What are the one-off payment, fixed Satellite systems like?

Any advice is welcome :D

FWIW, the wife got one of those all in one satellites. I'm not impressed. As many Indian channels as possible, but what does Indian news (in English) have to do with me. There's a channel in English, Russia Today or something that is much more interesting, they are mostly Russian news, but do have a slight international inclination. Luckily for me their international focus is heavily biased to what goes on in the States otherwise I'd be out of luck.

On the other hand, mbox has a similar system aimed at another satellite and he gets more English channels, along with Deustch World (spelling?). If I wasn't so lazy I'd get someone to realign my dish toward the same satellite....

I want to get some English speaking TV (a news channel, basically) and the Thai TV channels for the wife - but i don't want to be spending 1000b pcm or more for True UBC - so what are my options?

try psi o2 package 80odd channels one time price and no rain fade.

I have a rotating dish in the garden - lots of Free Arabic and Indian channels, but unless you pay for other services, mainly 'illegal' ie: African DSTV in Thailand - it nots much use. I would not bother having one installed unless there was not other alternative. You will get the Free Thai channels for the wife - but no decent English news channels for free or even cheap that I am aware of.

UBC - just cancelled that - as you say its expensive and the service keeps getting reduced - less football than before and no BBCE.

However as we live in Pattaya, for just 350 baht a month there is Sophon cable TV and Banglamung TV. They have the premier league (legally) and BBC news. It also has Fox news and movies etc... It also has plenty of the Thai channels for the wife. Lots of news and soaps.

The picture s a bit 'grainy' on Sophon as we live quite a distance outside Pattaya. However, terrific value IMHO. So if you look around in your area, you may find a cable operator that provides a similar cheap service.

if not - then I guess the cheap fixed satellite dish is your only option.

BTW - I now use Internet Broadband to listen to the news in the UK on the radio- this is really good - you do not need a really fast internet link for this to be quite useable. Sure you dont get the picture, but if you like to hear 'local' news from London for example and all the discussion programmes - this is quite a good option. In fact I hardly watch the TV at all now!

I have just had a system installed that gives me all ubc platinum programs and programs from south Africa movies and 10 sports channels so i get all the uk sport football, F1, moto gp, cricket ect plus loads of other Thai and Chinese stuff it involves 3 satellite dishes being sited for a one off payment of 32,000bht no monthly fees if you pm me i can give you the phone no of the guy who did it for me i am sure he could give you the contact of someone in your area to install it for you

I have just had a system installed that gives me all ubc platinum programs and programs from south Africa movies and 10 sports channels so i get all the uk sport football, F1, moto gp, cricket ect plus loads of other Thai and Chinese stuff it involves 3 satellite dishes being sited for a one off payment of 32,000bht no monthly fees if you pm me i can give you the phone no of the guy who did it for me i am sure he could give you the contact of someone in your area to install it for you

32k ?!?!

They do a dreambox and moving dish setup here for 15900.. First year subs free and after one year 300 per month for UBC and 500 for UBC and multichoice being the normal monthlies I keep hearing.

Tho a free lifetime sub seems a good thing, I just have an inssue paying up front for service that comes over time.. My Thai services paid that way havent worked well.

32k ?!?!

Depends how you look at it......... Myself paid 32,000 baht for my MOVE system 5 years ago, added a couple of years ago 2 Dreamboxes, but the choose is great, shudder to think of how much I would have paid if I went the UBC route with limited choose.

Edit: Sure now a day the systems are a lot cheaper, but 5 years ago Thailand did not have Dreamboxes or good 24/7 internet living in a small Village

Being a motor racing fan, I watch live Races + Qualifying + Free Practic

F1, GP2, A1, Moto GP, World Touring Cars, Super V8's, DTM, WRC, Junior WRC, Formula Ford, Formula Renault, Porsche Super Cup, lots of other odds and ends

Edited by ignis

Hi, i'm v.interested in what you did and the number of the gut who did it.

Where do you live ?

Am i right in assuming that its a one off payment for life of 32k ? ... no other fees at all ? It sounds too good to be true as i pay over 14k a year and it's pay for itself in just over 2 yrs :)

May I ask for more info on your "psi o2 package" please ? I am looking for something in Roi-et and need (mostly) Thai speaking channels for the wife.

Can I ask for costs and contact details please ?

Thank you

Hi, i'm v.interested in what you did and the number of the gut who did it.

Where do you live ?

Am i right in assuming that its a one off payment for life of 32k ? ... no other fees at all ? It sounds too good to be true as i pay over 14k a year and it's pay for itself in just over 2 yrs :)

pm me for the contact details

no i wont post it

32k one off payment all ubc and south africa i am very happy with it its 3 fixed dishes thats the only down side

Edited by djc45

May I ask for more info on your "psi o2 package" please ? I am looking for something in Roi-et and need (mostly) Thai speaking channels for the wife.

Thank you

Just contact your local PSI dealer in roi et and he should have all the details. The latest cost is about 4,500 and includes installation, set top box and 1.2 dish. nothing else to pay. It picks up thaicom c-band. has all the thai channels and one english movie channel and mtv, cartoons etc. my wife wants to get rid of UBC because when it rains she cannot watch her soapies very stressful for her as we all know about thais and their soapies. an aussie friend of mine in Ubon just had it installed and is very happy with it. We both have dishes for intel sat8 for Aus Network which has all the Aus soapies and of course the rugby.

Good Luck.Any cable operators in Roi -et?. If so that is the way i would go if i could.

Edited by sammycic

Thank you

Just contact your local PSI dealer in roi et and he should have all the details. The latest cost is about 4,500 and includes installation, set top box and 1.2 dish. nothing else to pay. It picks up thaicom c-band. has all the thai channels and one english movie channel and mtv, cartoons etc. my wife wants to get rid of UBC because when it rains she cannot watch her soapies very stressful for her as we all know about thais and their soapies. an aussie friend of mine in Ubon just had it installed and is very happy with it. We both have dishes for intel sat8 for Aus Network which has all the Aus soapies and of course the rugby.

Good Luck.Any cable operators in Roi -et?. If so that is the way i would go if i could.

Any news channels in the list?

:)

Hi All,

If you have a decent internet connection you can watch all the footy online, here is the best site for that:

www.myp2p.eu

It's totally legal by the way (the site got taken to court and they won!)

it's free, all you have to do is read the tutorial page, install the softwares (best ones are sopcast, tv ants and veetle) and get the links on the schedule pages on match day... that's it. They have every footy match in the world and the picture quality is getting better and better... try 'yes' channel.. they have english commentary and show premierleague, champions league..etc

cheers

T

:)

Hi All,

If you have a decent internet connection you can watch all the footy online, here is the best site for that:

www.myp2p.eu

It's totally legal by the way (the site got taken to court and they won!)

it's free, all you have to do is read the tutorial page, install the softwares (best ones are sopcast, tv ants and veetle) and get the links on the schedule pages on match day... that's it. They have every footy match in the world and the picture quality is getting better and better... try 'yes' channel.. they have english commentary and show premierleague, champions league..etc

cheers

T

The content is most certainly not legal !! The fact the site got taken to court and won was simply by saying they were not responsible for the Chinese streams that it links, however that doesnt mean its legit it just means they avoided blame.

I have the PSI sat system and there is no way I would recomend it. Ok for Thais, to watch there crap "movies". Just full of junk Thai and Indian channels. Also got UBC, that I used to activate everytime I was back in Thailand, but now I have heard that you can only reactivate for a minimum of 3 months..

I looking at getting something new that I dont have to worry about, I have been to a few hotels that have all the channels and the south african sports channels, so I think thats the way I am going to go..

I have the PSI sat system and there is no way I would recomend it. Ok for Thais, to watch there crap "movies". Just full of junk Thai and Indian channels.

You do realize PSI have a full range of options ??

YOU may have taken the FTA only channels, but PSI can install a moving system that will access Multichoice, UBC (every channel) and if your far enough south in the country Astro every channel.

• 10 months later...

But when the TrueVisions Platinum stops decrypting one day (i.e., subscription card no longer works), you won't be able to call TrueVisions for assistance as your current card is probably a pirated card. You just better hope the guy who installed it is still around and will return your calls. And his story to get the card working again (if its been more than a year) will probably be you must pay another large sum for another card (usually around the cost of 9 months worth of having the legal service). Yea, it was priced out to me when first moving to Thailand...I passed it up. I'll just stick with paying the monthly cost to TrueVisions (yea, their price is too high, but they are really the only game in town for a lot of English language programming) along with using my C Band system. Good luck on your system.

Edited by Pib

Does PSI have a website in English? I only found a website in Thai.:angry:

That's the only one they got...you must turn on Google Translate to get a ballpark translation to English. Now I've seen some PSI reseller sites that have some decent English...I just kinda stumbled upon them when I was Googling and doing some research on some satellite TV equipment I was getting ready to buy.