Sukhumvit, One Of Bangkok's Most

buadhai

I wonder if anyone saw this article in the LA Times:

Civilized oasis in wild Bangkok

It contains the following paragraph, which, to me, is wildly inaccurate, at best:

The hotel's unlikely location has everything to do with its moral imperative. Situated in the heart of Sukhumvit, one of Bangkok's most notorious sex tourism districts, the Atlanta is a self-proclaimed "bastion of wholesome and culturally responsible tourism," an isle of morality in a sea of human decadence.

:o

you mean the hotel is not what they say it is?? :D

I wonder if anyone saw this article in the LA Times:

Civilized oasis in wild Bangkok

It contains the following paragraph, which, to me, is wildly inaccurate, at best:

The hotel's unlikely location has everything to do with its moral imperative. Situated in the heart of Sukhumvit, one of Bangkok's most notorious sex tourism districts, the Atlanta is a self-proclaimed "bastion of wholesome and culturally responsible tourism," an isle of morality in a sea of human decadence.

I guess I was just irritated that they slammed the entire Sukhumvit district just because of a few "entertainment" areas. I'd hardly call all of Sukhumvit a "sea of human decadence".

But, then again, maybe I'm clueless....

who ever wrote that article, doesn't know jack shiet about Bangkok, he's problaly a back-packer just wonder around and can't gat laid.

Or, perhaps he did get laid and came to the conclusion that there was nothing else to do....

:D

Do backpackers get laid ? :D

By other backpackers... :o

who ever wrote that article, doesn't know jack shiet about Bangkok, he's problaly a back-packer just wonder around and can't gat laid.

Or, perhaps he did get laid and came to the conclusion that there was nothing else to do....

Do backpackers get laid ? :o

He probably stayed at The Atlanta and didn't......hence his gripe

Do backpackers get laid ? :o

Dr just wondering were you ever young if so youd know the answer

Well Soi 2 is where the Atlanta is, walk through Rahja's Hotel carpark and you are in Soi 4, sic Nana Plaza and noted outside street brothel :o

The writer was partly correct, but obviously a little disorientated, but aren't all first-time visitors to Bangkok!

Must admit though, from Sukhumvit Soi 1/2 upto Soi 24/33, is indeed full with p4p hang-outs for farangs, well that's the heart of Sukhumvit!

I guess I was just irritated that they slammed the entire Sukhumvit district just because of a few "entertainment" areas. I'd hardly call all of Sukhumvit a "sea of human decadence".

"A few entertainment areas?" You are definitely clueless

There are more whores per square meter on Sukhumveit than anywhere in the world. Can you name a place with more?

Thank-you. I've always suspected as much. I'm glad to have it confirmed by someone so worthy.

Maybe Khun Larry hasn't ventured further east than soi samsip sam... :D

There are more whores per square meter on Sukhumveit than anywhere in the world. Can you name a place with more?

Ratchadapisek road :D

Ratchadapisek road :D

Hey, I live on Ratchada! Soi 3, nothing but good girls here. :o

Great article find, Mike. Now I have another hotel on the MUST VISIT list for when Lat and I and her sister Piroon and her Brit husband Alan spend our next mini vacation in Bangkok.

We'll be trying out the large 2 bedroom suite and the swimming pool and restaurant.

Ken/Lat