Car On Fire

ozymandious

Last Monday I was coming over Patong hill and went straight through the traffic light intersection on my way Towards the Tesco intersection. Before I came to the 2nd set of lights I came across this.

(pictures taken on a Cam phone while vehicle was moving, and no I was not driving)

post-32183-1251866695_thumb.jpgpost-32183-1251867257_thumb.jpg

What causes a car to burst into flame like that anyway?

Sometimes stolen cars taken for joy rides would be deliberately set on fire but I do not think this is the case here as it is on a well travelled public road. Besides I assume the motive for stealing cars in this country is for profit or to commit a crime.

Last Monday I was coming over Patong hill and went straight through the traffic light intersection on my way Towards the Tesco intersection. Before I came to the 2nd set of lights I came across this.

(pictures taken on a Cam phone while vehicle was moving, and no I was not driving)

post-32183-1251866695_thumb.jpgpost-32183-1251867257_thumb.jpg

What causes a car to burst into flame like that anyway?

A 10+ year peugeot, or any other car, is in need of new fuelhoses. Espesially if gasohol has been used. Its called maintance.

Probably a dirty engine with a build up of grease and oil on it, any short circuit would cause it to catch fire.

Almost impossible, try lighting grease/oil with a lighter - very difficult. Electrical wiring shorts or fuel leaks are the most probable, not forgetting dropped cigarettes etc etc

Most likely the driver put his foot through the floor on braking to avoid a Honda bike which,with no signals,had just turned left from his right side. across his front bumper, And his foot caught fire with the friction.

Of course the biker didn't stop. :)

This was reported on 'a local news source' the other day..

Some expats peugeot IIRC.

Cant say with 100% certainty but when I went by I thought I saw a Honda emblem and the car had red paint on it (the little bit left remaining that didn't burn off yet)

Never mind, on closer examination of the photo it is a Peugeot.

Edit: self apparent

Just today when I saw an old rare car (can't remember which brand now) i was thinking that it was probably full of Thai style bodge jobs due to difficulty of getting parts and lack of skilled technicians to repair it properly. Won't happen to my Yaris!!! (Knock on wood)