Farang Robs Siam City Bank

PoorSucker

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

You sure you want to do that ? most of the expats here have problems or they would not be here, and all of the tourists come here for a reason, what was your story ? I would like to see which of your fools and misfits you fit into :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where did he think he was america, not too hard to notice a farang running away in rangsit.

but what do expect from an american, there brought up to just take things that are not theres.

Hello highway.

Are you 1st generation "English"? (Your definition, from a previous post of yours).

Judging from his rampant typos.... I'd venture to say... not "English" in any respect... nor well educated, or a clear thinker, to put it kindly.

Highway... regarding your first sentence: We (English speakers) capitalize the first letters of sentences, capitalize "America", then full stop, instead of your run-on sentence. We capitalize the R in Rangsit.

Regarding your second sentence: We capitalize the A in "American", then full stop, instead of your second run-on sentence. Your first use of "there" rather than the correct "They're" is glaringly compounded by your second misuse of "theres" which would properly be spelled "theirs".

Judging by your ability to commit EIGHT spelling and grammatical errors within your two run-on sentences... Do you really feel qualified to cast all Americans as nothing better than THIEVES?

Your racism is only exceed by your ignorance.

A proud American, living in my land of choice, with the people I love... yes, teaching English, in Thailand.

Pawpcorn. His grammatical errors and his spelling, Seem to point to the fact that he was educated in possibly the northeast of uk.

I was educated there in my early years and in fact spend a lot of time there on business.

I see it all the time the same trait including the i before e except after c syndrome.

The guy faces a conviction for armed assault for less than USD 4,500.00? :D:D:D What a tosser.
I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits.

Would be awfully boring in the LOS though :)

The germans who want a non-immigrant-O Visa since 1. September 2009 must have a "polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugnis" and "aerztliches Attest". :D They start to " weed out the fools and misfits " , but EVERYBODY can get a tourist visa .... :D

The guy faces a conviction for armed assault for less than USD 4,500.00? :D:D:D What a tosser.
I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits.

Would be awfully boring in the LOS though :)

The germans who want a non-immigrant-O Visa since 1. September 2009 must have a "polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugnis" and "aerztliches Attest". :D They start to " weed out the fools and misfits " , but EVERYBODY can get a tourist visa .... :D

This part of the forum is for english language only, May be you could translate that for us as the only word i can understand is

polizeiliches. Which just abouts translates as police.

It's strange the other day, there was a topic on here comparing Brits abroad in various countrys, the number of yanks that jumped on the band wagon taking the opportunity to give us a Brit bashing, "all the brits are scum", "all the brits are trouble-makers", "why don't the brits stay in their own country". (ha! - I haven't heard of any of them robbing banks, I remember a German guy doing it in Chonburi 6yrs back, and I remember a Norwegian holding up a gold store in Pattaya)

The number of people who come to this country and live on the bread-line is unbelievable, and in my line of business I see them all, so I can safely say there is definately a majority of one nation that pass through my doors who live in this situation (let's just say they didn't live the AMERICAN DREAM). My question is why do they do it to themselves, if you call living in Paradise - living out your life in a little box, not even a motorbike for transport, and penny pintching at every eatery (down the road its only 25bt, so why are you charging me 30bt), you really should be thinking of heading home, you are embarrasing yourself and your home-nation. All these people that I have come across, seem to be within 'the working age' have 2 legs & arms, and seem perfectly able. So go home, get a job, and come back when your life's in order, and stop inflicting your miserable way of life on the rest of us.

Way to many sad individuals in this country, spoiling it for the rest of us.

And to pre-empt anybody sticking up for these saddos and saying "look, some people just get dealt a bad hand", success is a journey not a destination. The problem with most of these low-lifes they haven't learnt to accept responsibility for their actions and love to blame others for their pit-falls, until they accept responsibility for their actions, their lives will never improve.

I always find it fascinating when an intelligent and educated person looks past the ignorance of some that prejudice a conversation by stereotyping a country because of one ignorant person. What is even worse is when they indirectly point at an American… So I am guessing with such a large number, like 300 people dieing in one year riding motorcycles and they are all Brits, should one reasonable think that all Brits are ignorant….No!, but one could conclude that Americans are just better drivers….and not as good at robbing banks.

Many members on this forum seem to display an irrational jealousy of Americans. :)

Here here. Any jealousy of Americans would have to, by its nature, be irrational.

You're so jealous you split your infinitive. :D

Another lowlife to give us all a good name...

Where in the United States was this guy from? It is a pretty big country with 50 states and there is often a big difference in people in different regions of the U.S.

Most rudeness comes from Americans on the West Coast - Oregon, Washington, Calif - and the East Coast - NY, Mass., N.J., etc. Not saying the guy was rude - no way of knowing - just mentioning it because so many posters in Thai Visa talk about loud, rude, Americans but usually never met an American that was not from the West or East coasts of the country. People in the South are generally kind, considerate and not rude. Quite different from Northeasterners who more often visit Thailand and spread bad will for all Americans around the world.

Talk about generalizing! This is like domestic geographic discrimination...shall we call it place-ism instead of racism!

:)

Call it what you like. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. However, I should have said that the majority of the people I have met from the northeastern U.S. andthe west coast of the U.S were rude and arrogant. And, that is also the opinion of the vast majority of people that I know. Not ALL people or this or that, I certainly should have said "the majority" or the "vast majority." A couple of my best friends that I played golf with for years in Texas (before I moved to Phuket) were Yankees from NY and Mass. Strangely both had lived away from those states for so many years that they came to believe as I do. Again, an opinion.

Rather than administering an ad hominen lashing here, let us examine the underlying logic of what you are saying. You claim that the “majority” or the “vast majority” of people from certain parts of the your country display identical personality traits and characteristics…

You state

the majority of the people I have met from the northeastern U.S. and the west coast of the U.S were rude and arrogant. And, that is also the opinion of the vast majority of people that I know. Not ALL people or this or that, I certainly should have said "the majority" or the "vast majority."

Let’s dig a little deeper here by looking at one region you mention, although we could have picked any for that matter…..

Taking the west coast as an example, does this mean that the “vast majority” of gangbangers from South Central LA, legal/illegal Latino immigrants, Hollywood starlets, rich yachties from San Diego, San Franciso gays, San Francisco wealthy venture capitalists., Berkeley University students, outdoorsy types from the Northwest(and all the subsets of these groups) are all exactly the same????????

As I said before , talk about generalizing!

And I never even addressed further possible delineations of these groups according to gender, race, age, religion, political affiliation, etcetcetc

Would be interesting to know if someone actually taught you these beliefs, or whether you somehow intuitively “know” these “facts” to be true……..the words prejudice and ignorance are slowly seeping to the surface here…..

2. he then grabs money and puts it in his underwear and again jumps the counter with all that weight.

8. all this time he has run with 146,000 baht in his underwear???

PLEASE let me be his defense attorney. I could get this guy acquited even in a Thai court based on the so called facts that we have read.

This would be voted down by every HOLLYWOOD studio as too dam_n unbelievable to be made into a movie. Why do these NEWS??? PAPERS??? report crap and not the NEWS? Get the facts then report...then you will have some credibility as a newspaper. What trash.

It ain't much....

03092009702.th.jpg

You make it sound like he's lugging a safe around. A man can easily carry 600,000 THB on his person without anybody noticing - 200k in each outer jacket pocket, 200k inner pocket. Then you have the pants...

If you're gonna rob a bank, 146K is a pretty weak take IMO...... the outcome (jail) is the same, so if you're stupid enough to risk it, you may as well go for the big money.

Again, God's way of weeding out the stupid. Somehow, I bet drugs were involved.....

You know that makes sense to me

Can you tell me if you seriously think that?

If so, what did'nt He, the all powerful and almighty not prevent this man from commiting this "crime" in the first place...

and what sort of drugs are we talking about here, the legal ones too ?

Does He take them, I heard He walks on water, or someone said they saw Him doing someting like this, had to be on something, right?

Does He also have a way to weed out those who believe in stupid things too?

Like er........

if i was that american guy, and eventually cleared after police investigation, one of the first thing i would do would be to sue Thaivisa to title this thread "Farang robs banks"...

Such a title might attract more of the subscribers to check all the nasty comments of each others on the board, probably to feel better about themselves...

But please give that guy the benefit of the doubt before the guys gets convicted.

Otherwise this is not journalism nor news reporting, but simply defamation

Again, God's way of weeding out the stupid. Somehow, I bet drugs were involved.....

You know that makes sense to me

Can you tell me if you seriously think that?

If so, what did'nt He, the all powerful and almighty not prevent this man from commiting this "crime" in the first place...

and what sort of drugs are we talking about here, the legal ones too ?

Does He take them, I heard He walks on water, or someone said they saw Him doing someting like this, had to be on something, right?

Does He also have a way to weed out those who believe in stupid things too?

Like er........

I thought it was Darwins Theory of weeding out the stupid.   :D  but I agree the odds of a drug habit run vary high, so to speak, in these type of cases.  I bet "Again, God's way of weeding out the stupid" is nothing more then an simple expression.  being a bit touchy are we?  :D   But I like the walking on the water part that explains a lot.  I am not saying I ever saw it.  I am not.  Really.  I know the difference between real ....  and real real.   :)  besides everyone already knows the devil made him do it.  Now    here come the judge!   oh yea!    here come the judge!       (humor Flip Wilson)   

if i was that american guy, and eventually cleared after police investigation, one of the first thing i would do would be to sue Thaivisa to title this thread "Farang robs banks"...

Such a title might attract more of the subscribers to check all the nasty comments of each others on the board, probably to feel better about themselves...

But please give that guy the benefit of the doubt before the guys gets convicted.

Farang is an ok term here and therefor there is no suit for defamation.

sorry you misunderstood my point. nothing to do with the "farang" term with is fine and self explanatory. My point is that the claims he is innocent ! and until proven guilty, Thaivisa shall not put a title such as "Farang rob a bank" . How do they know that's him.

that's my point ...

sorry you misunderstood my point. nothing to do with the "farang" term with is fine and self explanatory. My point is that the claims he is innocent ! and until proven guilty, Thaivisa shall not put a title such as "Farang rob a bank" . How do they know that's him.

that's my point ...

I agree with you and I think Tawp, with over 4000 posts, saw the point originally

"Farang Allegedly Robs Bank" would be a safer title, from a purely legal standpoint, but that said:

Few farangs rob banks here, at least not stickups. So they stand out like sore thumbs.

One BIG reason why so few do it.

Next the guy they mentioned ALLEGEDLY, or at least reportedly,

was caught with the exact amount stolen, hidden in his underwear.

And 146 1,000 baht notes would give him quite a 'package' on display...

This will be a pretty hard charge to beat...

Especially if on camera and he's wearing the same clothes.

"Farang Allegedly Robs Bank" would be a safer title, from a purely legal standpoint, but that said:

Few farangs rob banks here, at least not stickups. So they stand out like sore thumbs.

One BIG reason why so few do it.

Next the guy they mentioned ALLEGEDLY, or at least reportedly,

was caught with the exact amount stolen, hidden in his underwear.

And 146 1,000 baht notes would give him quite a 'package' on display...

This will be a pretty hard charge to beat...

Especially if on camera and he's wearing the same clothes.

Was it not also reported that he "confessed to the crime"......or was leaned upon to do so :)

'American accused of robbing bank' might be better.

The word 'allegedly' works in English but doesn't translate well and any court hearing a defamation case here would only be concerned with the Thai translation of the English headline. He has been charged and if, as police say, he confessed, then he has also accused himself.

post-128-1251906510_thumb.png

An American is arrested Wednesday for robbing Siam City Bank Plc's Future Park Rangsit branch in Pathum Thani and run away with Bt146,000 Wednesday.

The man allegedly jumped over a counter, grabbed the sum and ran away.

He was later arrested.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-02

I saw an ambulance wait 15 min w/red lights on this morning,as no thai driver would move for him.

consider the awaiting patient.

I'm just say'n.....................................................

"Farang rob a bank" . How do they know that's him.

that's my point ...

Because they have a clear video of him jumping over the counter and grabbing the money, they showed that video on the news program the other day.

Also, there were at least 6 - 8 first hand witnesses.

Plus he said he did it, plus they found the money on him, plus there were no other farangs around.

that's my point ...

Because they have a clear video of him jumping over the counter and grabbing the money, they showed that video on the news program the other day.

Plus he said he did it, plus they found the money on him, plus there were no other farangs around.

Originally we only had the report from the Nation to discuss. Now more information is surfacing, so we have a better idea.

The Nation should be ashamed of themselves re their useless reporting. This is not the first time. Have they actually issued an update re this case?

Nation, if you want to pretend to be a newspaper, get your act together. If you are going to report an event, send a competent reporter to ask some questions. Are you happy with the pathetic reputation that you have?

Yes, I know that they are sponsors or what ever, but the Nation newspaper is a comic! You are an embarassment to anybody who considers themselves a reporter. Start doing the job that you are supposed to do instead of thinking that you can print any uninformed, uninvestigated crap just because it is in English.

Start to take some sort of pride in your job, you are a joke! It's about time that you realised that.

You could actually overtake the Bangkok Post if you took your job of reporting seriously.

Nation, if you want to know what people think of you, start a new thread with a poll and take heed of the results! You might actually sell more papers if you delivered news with 50% competence as opposed to the 10% that you have proved time and time again.

Anybody who is Peed of with the crap reporting of the Nation, please post to agree with me. Anybody who considers that the Nation does a good job feel free to flame me.

that's my point ...

Originally we only had the report from the Nation to discuss. Now more information is surfacing, so we have a better idea.

The Nation should be ashamed of themselves re their useless reporting. This is not the first time. Have they actually issued an update re this case?

Nation, if you want to pretend to be a newspaper, get your act together. If you are going to report an event, send a competent reporter to ask some questions. Are you happy with the pathetic reputation that you have?

Yes, I know that they are sponsors or what ever, but the Nation newspaper is a comic! You are an embarassment to anybody who considers themselves a reporter. Start doing the job that you are supposed to do instead of thinking that you can print any uninformed, uninvestigated crap just because it is in English.

Start to take some sort of pride in your job, you are a joke! It's about time that you realised that.

You could actually overtake the Bangkok Post if you took your job of reporting seriously.

Nation, if you want to know what people think of you, start a new thread with a poll and take heed of the results! You might actually sell more papers if you delivered news with 50% competence as opposed to the 10% that you have proved time and time again.

Anybody who is Peed of with the crap reporting of the Nation, please post to agree with me. Anybody who considers that the Nation does a good job feel free to flame me.

It is not just a problem with the Nation.

Even now, we only have one poster's new version of events. In reality we do not know which to believe, do we? Which I suppose is your point. We can comment only on what we read on TV and The Nation.

Also, sometimes the trolls are obvious , sometimes they are not. Again, what to believe.

In another thread a lady was reported as having died when apparently she is still alive. Embarassment for the family. But what can anyone we do. This is not a country where you can ever rely on hearing the truth.

Even now, we only have one poster's new version of events. In reality we do not know which to believe, do we? Which I suppose is your point. We can comment only on what we read on TV and The Nation.

Also, sometimes the trolls are obvious , sometimes they are not. Again, what to believe.

If by your above comment you are referring to me(new version), well I saw it on the channel 7 news at about 10.45pm where they discussed this guy, they showed him at the police station surrounded by bank employees, he seemed fairly relaxed, nobody was beating him with a rubber cosh, and there was also another farang there, may have been an embassy bod as they didn't say. Plus all the evidence was nicely laid out for all to see.

Then they showed a very, very clear video of the guy leaping the counter, grabbing the money and then off out the bank. There were at least 3 women within a few feet of him, how much closer do you want your eye witnesses to be?

So, I would never rely on the Nation is give the truth, as it is a darn awful paper full of bull but when they showed this on the television, very clearly and openly, then I believe, as the crew were actually in the cop shop filming real time.

Therefore it would be wise for a troll like you to sometimes watch the news on the television, you might learn something.

If by your above comment you are referring to me(new version), well I saw it on the channel 7 news at about 10.45pm where they discussed this guy, they showed him at the police station surrounded by bank employees, he seemed fairly relaxed, nobody was beating him with a rubber cosh, and there was also another farang there, may have been an embassy bod as they didn't say. Plus all the evidence was nicely laid out for all to see.

Then they showed a very, very clear video of the guy leaping the counter, grabbing the money and then off out the bank. There were at least 3 women within a few feet of him, how much closer do you want your eye witnesses to be?

So, I would never rely on the Nation is give the truth, as it is a darn awful paper full of bull but when they showed this on the television, very clearly and openly, then I believe, as the crew were actually in the cop shop filming real time.

Therefore it would be wise for a troll like you to sometimes watch the news on the television, you might learn something.

I was not referring to you. It was good of you to post a second view

My point is a general one: As with many threads we can only comment and discuss from what we know. In this case all of us had little to go on at the start. No cctv, no attempt at restraint, no identification ( man or woman!) old person jumping over a counter, no money found. etc etc. The conclusion was obvious.

Then, as happens here a lot, "new" evidence surfaces. Whether actual or constructed . And we have a little more to go on.

So, no. I was not referring to you. I was actually giving you credit for giving more information. And I am no troll. My suggestion though - and it is only a suggestion - is to read more carefully and widely.

On another thread someone was reported as dead when in fact not so. this caused an embarassment to the family and thaivisa was given an opportunity to fully set the record straight. they corrected the facts but could also have given the full story particularly as it involved someone posing as a tv reporter. subsequently appears he is an ex tv reporter

If the guard just did his job and shot the bank robber, there would be nothing to argue about.

:)

Im assuming you are joking here. Shooting a pathetic, harmless bank robber such as this loser would be quite unnecesary in my point of view. If the guy had been holding the place up with a gun or taking a hostage then yeah, shoot the bastard. Otherwise just let the guy run away and the cops can catch him later (just like what ended up happening). I don't think those bank security guys have guns anyway... do they? They look like the same guys who work security at the mall or in front of my apartment building, basically useless.