Anyone Need Some Indian Rupees?

cloud96

What's up with people peddling Indian Rupees and Laos Kip on the Chiang Mai forum these days? Those currencies are worthless in Thailand. Drop 'em in the bin for homeless children or for food and medical care for the homeless animals in Thailand. Someone will find a way to use them.

What's up with people peddling Indian Rupees and Laos Kip on the Chiang Mai forum these days? Those currencies are worthless in Thailand. Drop 'em in the bin for homeless children or for food and medical care for the homeless animals in Thailand. Someone will find a way to use them.

Indian rupees worthless? I doubt that. 4000 rupees is about about 49 to the $1UD, so it isn't chump change.

If I was going to India soon I would contact the OP but I just got back from there 3 months ago and probably wont return until next year or later.

Hey all I've got just over 4000 Indian rupees in the Chiang Mai area, want to trade for baht or USD, PM me if interested.

<deleted>? All you have to do is go to your local foreign exchange booth.

Live rates at 2009.09.04

4,000.00 INR = 2,794.92 THB

4,000.00 INR = 81.8927 USD

Just because they advertise an exchange rate, does not mean they with accept that currency.

In Phuket a few years ago I tried to change some Qatari Riyals at Bangkok Bank.

They listed a rate on their daily print out.

But when I tried they said "no accept".

I asked in that case why do you advertise a rate ? "NO ACCEPT".

TiT

What wrong with forum members asking a question.What might be"worthless" to you is not necessarily the case with everyone. Kip, and other currency are not worthless if you need them.I just exchanged 4000 bahts worth with a friend who is going to Luang Prabang next week. He's happy as he has some local money on arrival ,without being at the mercy of exchange rate providers , and as I dont plan to go back to Laos anytime soon so I'm happy too. I thought that guidance and assistance was part of what this forum should be about

What wrong with forum members asking a question.What might be"worthless" to you is not necessarily the case with everyone. Kip, and other currency are not worthless if you need them. ... snip ...

I thought that guidance and assistance was part of what this forum should be about

Well put. :)