Bottled Drinking Water

ClaireB

Seeing as tap water is off limits for drinking, we're all pretty much depending on the bottled drinking water in Thailand to be safe. However, I noticed that the water I got delivered to my house always had a distinct plastic odor and taste. (Presumably due to the bottles exposure to the heat of the sun, whilst stacked on the back of a delivery truck all day). To my knowledge there are also no enforced safety standards for the production of bottled water here in Thailand?

My main concern is that drinking bottled water has the potential to damage my health. I remember some article in the UK a while back warning against drinking bottled water that had been left in car's and allowed to 'heat up' because of the toxins released into the water from the plastic.

Does anyone have any more information about this? Has any research been done into the quality of Thailand's bottled drinking water or it's links to illness? Also, can anyone recommend a good quality water supplier in Chiang Mai?!

Thanks for reading :)

Stick to known brands (Singha, Nestle, Namthip, etc.) and you should be okay. Have periodically tested all three with Watersafe kits and they are fine to drink.

We are drinking water from glass bottles . Singha, tastes really good and is only 60 Baht for a crate of 24 bottles (if my wifes info is correct), delivered to our home in Hangdong.

PM me if you need phone number of supplier.

Seeing as tap water is off limits for drinking, we're all pretty much depending on the bottled drinking water in Thailand to be safe. However, I noticed that the water I got delivered to my house always had a distinct plastic odor and taste. (Presumably due to the bottles exposure to the heat of the sun, whilst stacked on the back of a delivery truck all day). To my knowledge there are also no enforced safety standards for the production of bottled water here in Thailand?

My main concern is that drinking bottled water has the potential to damage my health. I remember some article in the UK a while back warning against drinking bottled water that had been left in car's and allowed to 'heat up' because of the toxins released into the water from the plastic.

Does anyone have any more information about this? Has any research been done into the quality of Thailand's bottled drinking water or it's links to illness? Also, can anyone recommend a good quality water supplier in Chiang Mai?!

Thanks for reading :)

There are a lot more things in Thailand that will kill you than worrying about drinking bottled water!!!

:D:D:D