Bankers Drafts

Just a quick couple of questions.

I need to pick up a bankers draft in Dollars currency tomorrow. Can I pick one up at any bank? Are there varying charges at the different banks for these? Is getting one made out for US Dollars a problem?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

^KASIKORN did this for me last month. There was a fee, but I cannot remember how much it was.

I do, however, remember that the fee wasn't the overall problem - it was the time it took the teller to process it (which was almost an hour! :D )

Hope this helps

SM :o

It's an absolutely routine transaction and any bank can do it. I'm not sure if the fees vary all that much but, in any case, the fee is insignificant. My suggestion, however, is that you go to the main office of a major bank (KTB on lower Suk, for example) or at least a very major branch to make sure everything is done quickly.

Just a quick follow up to say thanks for the advice and for anybody that might want to know about this in the future.

Actually went to the HSBC main bank in Silom first since I was in the area, but could not obtain one as not banking with the HSBC in Thailand, and they was saying it was against Thailand's banking laws etc..

Since these banking laws seem to be different for each bank I tried Bangkok Bank today in Lad Prao, no problems at all, bought at 38.60 baht to the dollar, 200 baht fee, and all sorted within 5 minutes. :o

Thanks, bkkmadness