Getting Pr For My Son In Singapore

googleask

:)
My husband works at singapore. He ha been working there for two years.

Now he had applied for PR.If we get PR for my son (He is now 3 months

old.)and give up PR after 6 years without commiting for National Service!

If we return to our motherland after 6 years for his secondary education.

Shall getting PR for my son will affect his future? Kindly make a good advice!

:)
My husband works at singapore. He ha been working there for two years.

Now he had applied for PR.If we get PR for my son (He is now 3 months

old.)and give up PR after 6 years without commiting for National Service!

If we return to our motherland after 6 years for his secondary education.

Shall getting PR for my son will affect his future? Kindly make a good advice!

I'm assuming that you must have researched it a bit already since your husband is already going though the PR process -- as you understand it, what are the advantages of the child becoming a PR instead of only one of the parents becoming a PR? They're not going to deport you son as long as he's a dependent of your husband and as long a your husband is a PR, right? Sure, if your son gets a PR there are still ways for him to duck out of his National Service obligation, but if that's the intention, why bother to get him a PR in the first place?

If your Son is not a Singapore PR at the time for him to do National Service, he would not do it. But if he were to be in Singapore at the time he had cancelled his PR status leading up to it, it would be a different matter.

If he were to retain the status of PR and he were to be in Singapore or not, he would be called up.

If he still held PR and returned to Singapore later in his life he would have a problem, if he had,nt reported earlier.

As he is only still a baby I would,nt worry too much about this.

I lived in Singapore for almost 8 years and decided not to take PR status,, mainly due to my employers hinting that my expat status/salary would suffer and was written into a contract once stating that they would not pay my CPF payments, which basically says that I would receive a lower salary.

As for taking PR status,, has its benefits. Schools are more available for example.

I am to return again this year for work, not too sure if I,ll take the PR or not and I,m taking a 7 year old and a 2 year with me.

All depends if you want to make Singapore your home.

Edited by soihok

If your Son is not a Singapore PR at the time for him to do National Service, he would not do it. But if he were to be in Singapore at the time he had cancelled his PR status leading up to it, it would be a different matter.

If he were to retain the status of PR and he were to be in Singapore or not, he would be called up.

If he still held PR and returned to Singapore later in his life he would have a problem, if he had,nt reported earlier.

As he is only still a baby I would,nt worry too much about this.

I lived in Singapore for almost 8 years and decided not to take PR status,, mainly due to my employers hinting that my expat status/salary would suffer and was written into a contract once stating that they would not pay my CPF payments, which basically says that I would receive a lower salary.

As for taking PR status,, has its benefits. Schools are more available for example.

I am to return again this year for work, not too sure if I,ll take the PR or not and I,m taking a 7 year old and a 2 year with me.

All depends if you want to make Singapore your home.

almost all pr's regret their moves in getting their pr status in singapore :) .

most pr's children and wife face all kinds of racial discriminations daily at home or in schools. they do not "belong" somehow because of a weird yet inexplicable singapore "psyche" that they are one-up on their neighbors. :D

one way or another, your sons will have a nightmare of their own , whether he gets conscripted into the armies at 18 years old or not :D .

he is treated almost like a stateless criminal if he tries to avoid the conscription :D .

whether you get paid a salary with or without the cpf pension fund, even if you decide to leave singapore eventually, you cannot collect your pension till you're 62 years old :D .beware this 62 years cap get revised and may soon be 67 years of age by law.

to collect your pension fund earlier, be prepared to lose your singapore pr status - a move which still does not discharge your son's military liabilty. :D

Edited by yarm